1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Adv. Rider Comming to South Africa

Discussion in 'Africa & Mid East' started by SRG, Jan 2, 2006.

1. GSGIRL

GSGIRL Neither here nor there

Oddometer:
    :eek1

It's a go. I head out tomorrow morning for Jo'Burg/Pretoria.

Once I get my bearings straight, I'll be in touch if I have any free time. I am scheduled to stay through the 19th and with nothing to do over the 4 day Easter holiday, I may venture down to Cape Town or head to the Kruger. Undecided as of yet. Have to see how the biz goes.

Luckily, the guesthouse that I am staying at in Pretoria has internet. So I won't be that far out of touch.

Further suggestions welcome as to what to do.

BTW: Simonstown is brilliant. Quaint. Reminds me of a bygone era.
  2. Welshman

Welshman B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:

I remind most people of a bygone era, but we will be out tomorrow on the passes. Hope you really enjoy your trip. The Welsh Gaelic insane and proud of it.

Me :clap :clap :rofl :freaky :freaky

Its Friday
  3. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

Oddometer:
    GSGirl, be sure to stay in touch even via pm, particularly if you are here in Cape Town, theres lots to do and show you around okay?

If I am here, it will be my pleasure to show you the sights. I will bring my 6 foot 4 friend who has more energy than our local nuclear power plant.

Cheers!
  4. GSGIRL

Oddometer:
    Once I land and see what I am up against workwise, I will definitely be in touch via this thread and PM. Must go now and give my CroMag a proper good bye for being away for 3 weeks...:evil
  5. zorgs

zorgs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey GSGilr visitor.

I have not contributed much to this thread as I have been working in Nigeria. Back in SA on 12 April for 4 weeks, hopefully lots of riding, got big group of riding buddies and if you need any info give me a shout.

Durban, East Coast of Natal, KTM 950, and many bikes around.
    Cheers
    zorgies@gmail.com
  6. GSGIRL

Oddometer:
    Hi all :wave

Arrived safe and sound. Staying in Sinoville area of Pretoria. Smashing Guesthouse.
    I know you guys are out there, already saw one Adventure and hearing bikes go by constantly.

Damn work :cry
  7. DustBowl

DustBowl Only for the fun....

Oddometer:
    If you are intersted in some adventure riding with 950's let us know we ride most wekends around Pretoria.
  8. Welshman

Welshman B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    We were to the West and later the North of you on Saterday, we did a 350km run mainly on dirt roads.

Try this thread if you are interested. http://wilddogtours.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?t=868

Welshie :clap :clap :freaky
  9. Gruebane

Gruebane Pawn Star

Oddometer:
    Well then if you get a gap lets make a plan for a beer or 2. ZA beer is surprisingly good. To my novice taste buds i reckon its amongst the best in the world when it comes to mass produced stuff so lets not be shy :freaky
  10. toucan

toucan dumb ass

Oddometer:
    welcome back, i apologise for the lousy weather today. its a bit chilly isn't it?
    :lol3:lol3:lol3
  11. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

Oddometer:
    TMI? :eek1:rofl:rofl:rofl
  12. GSGIRL

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys. I would love to join you but I think I am way out of my league. I did not bring any gear with me. This work stuff really sux!

Making the best of my stay here and would love to see what the schedule brings in hopes of having some free time. So far, pretty much wasted 2 days of chasing our tails. Our system is stuck in customs and a lot of loose ends that were supposed to be wrapped up prior to my arrival are not. So I am sitting here wasting a lot of freakin' time.

Ah well. As you locals say..."this is Africa"
  13. GSGIRL

Oddometer:

:lol3. What is even funnier is that CroMag emailed me today to say it is snowing at home.

Hope he doesn't wreck my new A3 in the snow! :eek1
  14. funacide

funacide KTM 950 ADV s

Oddometer:
    I see you are learning fast.
    :lol3 :lol3 :lol3
    There are going to be quite a few rides around easter time.... Check out http://wilddogtours.co.za/forum
  15. GSGIRL

Oddometer:
    Totally pisses me off and a waste of my time. I mean this is stuff that should have been sorted out weeks ago. But no, I drag my butt down here and things are not ready. I am so glad I am here for 3 f'n weeks :lol3
  16. Frank Warner

Frank Warner Traveller

Oddometer:
    Same things happen elsewhere in the world. Something to do with governments and rules. :norton

Hire a bike with gear and go for a ride while waiting... :1drink
  17. GSGIRL

Oddometer:
    I'd love to but I am too uptight right now over this project. It must all run smoothly since it is a pilot and will hopefully lead to a bunch of other huge, huge deals. It is big. I can potentially go home a total rock star if I pull this off and come back with more orders. If so, I'll have plenty of time and money to ride!!:clap

It's a crazy project though for sure.
  18. shark_za

shark_za Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The only good thing about PTA on that side of the mountain (sinoville) is its near the N4 that can get you to some nice dirt out in the east and west.
    Us locals need passports to get there.
  19. GSGIRL

Oddometer:
    :rofl
    Things seem to be rolling along here with our project this morning. My hope is that I can actually go home before the Easter holiday. I love SA, but 3 weeks is a long time to be away from home.

I am so at the mercy of this project and my partner here. The schedule/plan is changing by the hour. Drives me completely crazy. I just want to get on with it!
  20. funacide

funacide KTM 950 ADV s

Oddometer:
    GSGirl.

What line of work you in??