ADV Riders in Chile

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by BjoernTheH, Jun 19, 2011.

1. fstarocka

fstarocka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hey everyone, im thinking of importing my bike from the USA to Valparaiso, I want to ride south to torrres del paine and argentina for the next 2-3 months - i thought id ask here since there are so many locals here :) Im a foreigner (South african).. would it be easier to buy something here, the bikes are all too small and my budget isnt huge - cheers!
  2. [insert bike model]

[insert bike model] Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry for posting this twice, but I just found this thread. Going to be in Pucon, Chile next week and wondered if anyone had advice as to where to rent a bike? I have to be back in the same place every night so anything that will get me around town will suffice. Also open to recommendations for where to stay and things to do.
  3. NickW909

NickW909 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello,
    Does anyone know a Moto shop in North Chile (Iquique/Antofagasta) that stock Heidenau K60?

Thanks.
  4. BjoernTheH

BjoernTheH Chile

Oddometer:
    Hey O.B.
    sorry for the delay, but am not on here very often anymore. Pucon is good fun for sure, Puerto Varas and Bariloche too.
    its not going to be to crazy as Chileans are going to start their vacations in January, but for sure you will already find some foreigners there.
    Maybe a trip up the volcano or some fun on the rivers there.
    If you go through Pocon, check into the Biergarten, owned by a german guy (Ulli) who is always happy to see people who travel on bikes.
    Good chance that he is on a bike trip himself.
    Have a great trip,
    Cheers
    B.