ADV Traveling Bike Night And Salvation Show

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by ST-DocLizard1, Aug 26, 2016.

1. ST-DocLizard1

ST-DocLizard1 Serial Monogamist

Oddometer:
    On occasion, I can even get it verbatim.
    scareraven likes this.
  2. ST-DocLizard1

Oddometer:
    It's Sunday night and time to post. On Wednesday, 1/24, we shall be meeting @:

Texas Smoke BBQ
    400 NJ-15
    Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849

(862) 209-4078

See you on Wednesday.
  3. ST-DocLizard1

Oddometer:
    Temperatures will touch the high thirties today with a light breeze to dry up the last of the moisture. In the low 20's after nightfall with clear skies.

See you later.
  4. scareraven

scareraven Ninja Freak

Oddometer:
    Will all depend on when the upper east side of Manhattan will let me go. Hope to see you guys later
  5. ST-DocLizard1

Oddometer:
    Do you need a bail bond?
    scareraven likes this.
  6. scareraven

scareraven Ninja Freak

Oddometer:
    Family had surgery. All is well. I only regret not getting a photo of a line of citi bikes for Otto
  7. ST-DocLizard1

Oddometer:
    Good to hear......................carry on.
  8. Evel Otto

Evel Otto Formerly Hinz

Oddometer:
    Those god dam Citi Bikes. One day...they're all going into the Hudson I tells ya. Just need to win that PowerBall.
    scareraven likes this.
  9. ST-DocLizard1

Oddometer:
    The Texas Smoke BBQ was exactly as advertised. Nestled on a little berm on Route 15 South with a nice menu from which to select and a small cozy bar. Despite the amount of cars in the lot, we virtually had the place to ourselves. Multiple HD TV screens on the wall gave you a wide variety of programs to watch, but somehow, we were fixed on Little Women of Atlanta. WTF.............they can make a show out of anything these days. I think someone had a "flashback" from their Texas trip in 2017.

The meeting opened at 8:26 pm with Roll Call and Committee Reports.

A quorum was available.

History: On this day (January 24th).

1848: James Marshall finds gold in Sutter's Mill in Coloma, California.

1908: Lieutenant General Robert Baden-Powell publishes "Scouting for Boys" as a manual for self-instruction in outdoor skills and self-improvement. The book becomes the inspiration for the Scout Movement.

Trivia: This is 24th day of the year with 341 days to go.

1962: Brian Epstein signs management contract with the Beatles.

1973: US & North Vietnam's William Rogers & Nguyen Duy Trinh sign cease-fire, ending longest US war and military draft.

1984: Apple Computer Inc. unveils its revolutionary Macintosh personal computer with a 9-inch screen and a $2,500.00 price tag.

On the Horizon:

The Ride Schedule for Polar Bear is now posted. Please register if you are so inclined:
    http://polarbeargrandtour.com/rides.htm. The Cabin in Howell, N.J. is the location for Sunday 1/28/18.

Old Business: More locations for our weekly outings were discussed.

New Business: A new class at NJIT on Thursday Night and a business trip to San Francisco.

The new venue for next week was chosen and will be revealed on Sunday evening.

There being no further business to come before the crew, the meeting was adjourned @ 9:19pm.

The Wing Report follows.

Smoke 1.jpg

The Scorecard:

Smoke 2.jpg

If any of you missed the Women's March on Saturday, the following poster will give you the gist of the message that was conveyed.

Cat Poster.jpg

And for those of you who have big appetites, My buddies at GWRRA endorse this venue.

scareraven likes this.
  10. ST-DocLizard1

Oddometer:
    On Tuesday, 1/30/18, we will be meeting @:

Spring Street Pub & Grill
    144 Spring Street
    Newton, NJ 07860

(973) 940-0404

See you there on Tuesday.
  11. ST-DocLizard1

Oddometer:
    Snow flurries during the day and temperatures in the 30's dropping down into the teens overnight. Just bit of a wind during the daytime snow showers could make visibility an issue.

See you later.
  12. Evel Otto

Evel Otto Formerly Hinz

Oddometer:
    Can't make it tonight. Got a call from the wife that the heat wasn't working at the house. Was fearing that we ran out of oil but I just needed to restart the boiler. Sorry to cancel at the last minute.
  13. The Gent

The Gent Gravel King

Oddometer:
    What did you guys Do? The place is closed, no one around, back home now. Damn it's cold out
  14. scareraven

scareraven Ninja Freak

Oddometer:
    Leaving the hospital now (work). Any back up plans?
  15. ST-DocLizard1

Oddometer:
    I arrived last night and the place was shuttered up tighter than a drum. I checked the thread just before I left to return home at 7:30. I have no clue as to why it was closed. No hours of operation were listed on the front portal after finding a parking spot. Yelp said they were open from 11:30 am to 11 at night. WTF!

Stay tuned for next weeks listing.
  16. hellfire76

hellfire76 haphazard adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's odd. I've been there on a Tuesday not that long ago.
    I also got used to meeting up on Wednesdays and totally forgot it was on a Tuesday this week.
  17. ST-DocLizard1

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I don't know why either.

What's with the new avatar?
  18. ST-DocLizard1

Oddometer:
    OK troops; we are going to try this venue again. I called the Pub and they have been closed on Tuesdays, but will be open on Tuesday, 2/6/18.

Spring Street Pub & Grill
    144 Spring Street
    Newton, NJ 07860

(973) 940-0404

See you there on Tuesday.
  19. ST-DocLizard1

Oddometer:
    Just a little snow shower in the morning with daytime temperatures just above the freezing mark and dropping into the 20's overnight.

See you later.
  20. ST-DocLizard1

Oddometer:
    Well we finally made an appearance at the Spring Street Pub & Grill and the place was empty with only a table or two and a few seats at the slab being occupied. The barmaid mentioned that the establishment had been closed on Tuesdays due to a personnel issue and the availability of employees able to commandeer the kitchen. It was Taco Tuesday on our night and we took advantage of it with a beer, 5 tacos, and a cup of java on my tab coming to $14.35. However the buffalo wings were at best, unremarkable.

Good conversation regarding the Super Bowl LII, the movie "Super Troopers", and prescription drugs designed to improve your appetite. The City by the Bay is the same as ever as no one was there with a flower in their hair.

The meeting opened at 8:13 pm with Roll Call and Committee Reports.

A quorum was available.

History: On this day (February 6th).

1891: Dalton Gang commits its first train robbery.

1952: Queen Elizabeth II succeeds King George VI to the British throne and proclaimed Queen of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms including Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Trivia: This is 37th day of the year with 328 days to go.

1935: "Monopoly" board game goes on sale for 1st time.

1959 The first microchip is patented
    . For his invention of the integrated circuit, Jack Kilby was awarded
    the 2000 Nobel Prize in Physics.

1971: 1st time a golf ball is hit on Moon (by Alan Shepard)

On the Horizon:

The Ride Schedule for Polar Bear is now posted. Please register if you are so inclined:
    http://polarbeargrandtour.com/rides.htm.

Old Business: More locations for our weekly outings were discussed. the bandit 400 is still a work in progress, but the owner is determined to get it running.

New Business: Talk of field trip out to Port Clinton on Friday, 3/9, for a movie premier was mentioned. As a Public Service Announcement: Valentines Day is Wednesday, 2/14.

Depending upon which furry bastard you believe from Friday, 2/2, the jury is still out regarding whether there will be 6 more weeks of this shitty weather.

The new venue for next week was chosen and will be revealed on Sunday evening.

There being no further business to come before the crew, the meeting was adjourned @ 9:15 pm.

Phils relatives 2018.PNG

Drunk Phil.jpg
    Not my Groundhog.jpg