ADV Westfest 2015, Gunnison CO. August 6th,7th and 8th 2015

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by delta21, Sep 5, 2014.

1. CTDan

CTDan Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had to cancel my annual T.P. Trip that would have put me near this event so that my business partner (brother) could head to Sturgis.

Hope to get to meet a few of you another time...
  2. VFR

VFR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was at Lake City. My first Westfest & didn't know a soul when I got there. I lucked out by meeting & staying at one of the best cabins for entertainment & meeting people there was. Had a great time. Back for the next year at Buena Vista, I volunteered for the serving line & enjoyed that one as well.

I learned the first time that participation pays off.
  3. delta21

delta21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  4. merickk

merickk Living Folk Tale

Oddometer:
    Was an interesting trip. :lol3 One person lost the rear brake on her 450, Another had to be towed down Cinnamon, and the most important lesson learnt on that trip was if you're female be sure and use the bathroom before going above treeline :poser
  5. Farmer1

Farmer1 Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here and there, but usually, leaving Illinois
    Hey I was there for that tube change and later brake bleeding. We also had a feller ride off the road earlier too. My first trip to the mountains and all this happens and I'm thinking don't crash, don't break down, don't crash, don't break down.............. :deal:lol3

I will say for that flat, at least if your gonna have a tube failure, be around enough folks to have about 12 tire spoons, umpteen tubes, multiple tire pumps, people to balance the bike, bunches of hands....... :lol3 That was a pretty quick tube swap for sure. :deal

We had fun for sure, and I learned a lot from all you folks who let the flat land green horn tag along! :clap

J8
  6. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just had my third back surgery so will be eagerly waiting the outcome and if I can resume riding. Only been to BV and we had a ball.
  7. merickk

merickk Living Folk Tale

Oddometer:
    ahh yea, this guy.. :lol3 Can't seem to find the first turn off the side of the mountain pic. :bluduh

[​IMG]
  8. merickk

merickk Living Folk Tale

Oddometer:
    Found it. :clap
    [​IMG]
  9. merickk

merickk Living Folk Tale

Oddometer:
    Was this you? :scratch Having a hard time placing you on the ride. Know the brake bleeding was me and odette after going down imoegene.

[​IMG]
  10. Farmer1

Oddometer:
    Yup that's me in the red, with Becky helping me up with the pig. I laughed because I was riding out there the day before and dropped my bike much the same way. ( stopped for a jeep and didn't have anything under my feet!!) Here Becky and I pulled over for a Jeep and she positively leaned into the mountain slope and I stopped and forgot... er learned... to lean, as you can see Becky threw her bike onto the up hill slope and came and helped me with my down hill ....ah.. lean. :lol3

Good times, I never have had so much fun learning. Sad part is I had just done the Lake City loop the opposite direction the day before ( half in the rain) with another Mountain Noob and basically just crawled along, that day you guys just took off and I thought, whoa Im over my head, then it dawned on me quit over thinking it, and if you guys could I could too. And it worked out.:deal:clap:freaky

I didn't know anyone had a photo of us picking up my pig.:clap

J8

PS.
    I thought it was TigerLilly who was bleeding her brake in Lake City after Becky's flat. As I have yet to be on Imogene/Ophir/Black Bear. Maybe there was 2 brake bleedings. The day of your photo we went Silverton/Animas/Engineer/Lake city/Cinnamon, then lost Buddy Holly from a mechanical and Rat and Tator Harry and I went on to California, Hurricane, Corkscrew and then 550 back to Silverton. This Noob was beat that night!!!
  11. merickk

merickk Living Folk Tale

Oddometer:
    One more of the "Let the Jeep pass incident" :lol3
    [​IMG]

Ok Ok. I remember the brake bleeding in Lake City. that didn't seem to help though. :bluduh. I'm horrible with names and can't recall her name. TL wasn't with us that day though.
    [​IMG]

:freaky
  12. no

no dreaming adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
  13. Hair

Hair no wants or warrants

Oddometer:
    I love riding out of Gunny. I'm in.

Gunnison is in the heart of Central Colorado riding. From Gunnison it's quick access to the high passes near Lake city, such as Engineer.
    There is great access to Spring Creek road and Cement Creek areas. Not that far from Taylor park riding. And also close to The crest trail.

There is something for everyone here.
  14. Cletus Runswithscissorsguy

Cletus Runswithscissorsguy hiding in plain sight

Oddometer:
    Man, this looks like fun.. I'm gonna put this on the calendar.....
    Can't commit until a little later, but it's most definitely on the radar.:evil
  15. adventure girl

adventure girl Donde esta la playa?!?

Oddometer:
    That was such a fun day!
    It was my stupid flat, no brake issues. I was helping jailor8 pick up his tired bike :-)

Sent via mental telepathy
  16. CaptRick

CaptRick Still crazy..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    That was Princess Jamaica on my spare DR that took the flight test....:rofl
    Flying dirt bikes is no big deal, sticking the landing is the hard part
  17. merickk

merickk Living Folk Tale

Oddometer:
    So he's calling it a flight test now days.... guess it beats the chasing butterflies that was initially determined. Funny how these stories keep getting better and better. :poser
  18. Farmer1

Oddometer:

All I know is Rat and I went be-boping back down there as quick as we could, when we got the information of "Hey, somebody rode off the mountain back there!" I had 200 feet of 550 cord and some double shive pulleys with me, I didnt know what we were getting into. By the time that we got down there a Jeep had him back up out of there.

Still was a great day!!

J8
  19. N9921X

N9921X Wins

Oddometer:
    Hey Delta 21,
    I'm near you in Evergreen.
    Had lunch with you in Lake George a few yrs back.

Count me in!

:clap:clap:clap

Gary
  20. delta21

delta21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I remember! You still have the Tiger?
    We need to get the Evergreen/Connifer/Bailey dinner group back together........Paging the Doc

Cool:beer