[ADVdepot] Globescout Panniers & Adventure Equipment, Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by F800 Rob, Jan 31, 2013.

1. advlust

advlust Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They look great. I have a red 2014 GSW and need to upgrade from Vario's. What rack have you mounted these to? I see you have retained the footpeg hangers that have the Vario mounts that come with the GSW. For others who have gone with the BMW OEM racks and panniers for their GSW's they had to replace the right side hanger from the GSAW to install the GSAW OEM panniers. And could you please measure and post the width of these in Centimetres. TIA
  2. advlust

advlust Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What bottle holders, fuel can holders accessory plates has everyone installed on their Globescouts? Photos would greatly help.
  3. prudolf

prudolf Motorcycle Insight - USA Importer for Grip Puppy

Oddometer:
    We now have a pannier rack from Globescout to mount their 45L Adventure system to a standard GSW. They do not have the clearance issue with the vario mounts that the OEM Adventure racks do. They are not reversible however, meaning you cannot mount the BMW cases on our racks, only our cases.
  4. Trixie

Trixie Adventurer in my own mind

Oddometer:
    How are things looking for the next shipment? Still looking like late May?
  5. prudolf

Oddometer:
    Hey there,

We're still looking at late Spring/Early summer, but will most likely be the latter as we're just finalizing production in Turkey. BMW's been doing a good job selling GS-Adventures, and we wanted to bump up our quantities on our special pannier sets for this bike.

We will also have KTM 1190 Adventure sets in with this shipment, along with the new 47L topcases.
  6. prudolf

Oddometer:
    Speaking of KTM 1190/1290, here's a few photos from our first customer in the States to receive and install our Special Pannier Set on his bike!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. prudolf

Oddometer:
    Another satisfied FJ-09 customer!

IMG_20160512_160636.jpg
  8. i386

i386 Yes, I know it's supposed to rain today.

Oddometer:
    Hey Paul! Any info on the next shipment arriving?
  9. Trixie

Oddometer:
    ~mid june, I was told.....
  10. Bobo

Bobo Are we there yet? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has production finished and are these on the way?
  11. prudolf

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone, sorry for my late response. We are awaiting a solid ship date from Globescout, though production nearly completed. We are out a bit from our original ETA, but QC is very important.

For anyone with an open order, please PM me here or call in, and we will update you on status and shipping needs.

We will have plenty of GSA sets available, and standard GS-W systems are currently in stock (Black Anodized).
  12. FlyingFinn

FlyingFinn Long timer

Oddometer:
    This old question deserves to be revisited.

ADVDepot website says this:
    " Double silicon gasket lid system for 100% dust and water protection."

But that doesn't technically mean same as 100% waterproof. Or does it?
    I assumed it does.

But to my disappointment my new set of Globescout panniers is not waterproof.

I went through some rain during a recent weekend ride, not a crazy downpour either, at the end of the rainy day there was some water at the bottom of both panniers. A down jacket that was in one pannier had soaked most of the water that got into one of the bags :(

When I washed the bike at home with a hose & bucket (no pressure washer), water again got into both bags.
    The lid seems to be tight but the bottom seams clearly leak.
    That's pretty disappointing. I thought these are really premium panniers, better than the competition.

Mikko
  13. prudolf

Oddometer:
    Hi Mikko,

If there is ever an issue, you are always more than welcome to contact us or Globescout directly to help resolve any issues if you are not 100% satisfied. We do feel our product is among the best, as we have received much positive feedback by members here on the forum along with many other customers.

Of course our cases should be waterproof, even in a heavy downpour, or direct stream when washing your bike. The only wear item would be the gaskets, which we have replacements for if ever needed, and all other components are sealed when assembled. It's not common at all to hear of this, especially both cases, so we'd certainly like to get in direct contact to see where the issue is on the cases.

Regarding the original question, our cases are double sealed at the lids (silicon gaskets on the base and lid) and all seams are overlapped and sealed (not butted together). Any other components are either O-Ring sealed or assembled with sealant to insure the cases are as watertight as possible. We have a limited warranty, however as I sure many can verify, we are fairly generous and offer goodwill if you're a bit out of the grace period.
  14. i386

Oddometer:
    If you're way out of warranty, a dab of 3M 5200 Marine Adhesive Sealant is all you need to fix it yourself. No big deal. Same product you'd fix a riveted aluminum boat with.

Don't even think about using silicone.
    prudolf likes this.
  15. Trixie

Oddometer:
    Hey Paul,

Any word yet on ship dates? Must be getting close.
    FailureDrill likes this.
  16. Smoke Eater 3

Smoke Eater 3 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I really like my GlobeScouts but mine aren't waterproof either. I was in a biblical downpour last Fall and both panniers leaked. I still use them though.
  17. i386

Oddometer:
    Just curious, were you able to determine where the water was getting in at? I've ridden in some pretty heavy rain on the interstate and haven't experienced any leaks (except for my boots). I haven't tried submerging them though.
  18. Smoke Eater 3

Smoke Eater 3 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I haven't found the leak yet but both left and right leak a little. It wasn't a ton of water and that rain was insanely heavy. I always Ziploc the important stuff anyway.
  19. prudolf

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone,

Regarding waterproofing, our cases are sealed as tightly as possible with double lid gaskets, over lapped and sealed seams to be water and dust resistant and should not easily take in rainwater, however may not be made to IP66-67 standards/testing. If your cases are easily taking in water over a short period, this is something that we'll need to look into and possibly re-seal, however cannot guarantee against a 15 minute test 3M under water either :wink:

I am addressing this as it this has just recently become a concern, however any issues are a VERY small percentage and we are here to make sure they are handled.
  20. prudolf

Oddometer:
    We're going to be much further out than we originally anticipated, as we had to wait for a solid Sail date for the shipment to hit the water. I am contacting customers with open orders now, and will be happy to share any details/updates.

Please PM me if needed.