[ADVdepot] Globescout Panniers & Adventure Equipment, Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by F800 Rob, Jan 31, 2013.

1. prudolf

prudolf Motorcycle Insight - USA Importer for Grip Puppy

Oddometer:
    Another Happy Customer! This time, a KTM 1290 Super Adventure to show off!

20160806_151627_resized.jpg 20160806_151650_resized_1.jpg 20160806_151710_resized.jpg
  2. prudolf

Oddometer:
    ATTN: F650GS Twin, F700GS, and F800GS riders: Free Globescout Topcase Mount w/Topcase Purchase

If you're looking for a topcase for your ride, now is the time. We have an "open-box" topcase rack that we are willing to give away along with the purchase of a topcase! That's right, purchase a Globescout XTOP+ Topcase Kit, minus the price of the luggage rack! Only one available, so first come first serve!

All finishes in 40L cases available, though becoming thin. 27L Case available in Natural Finish. 47L Case available in Clear Anodized!

i-jrgwm4j-xl.jpeg
  3. prudolf

Oddometer:
    Free Inner Bag Liners!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This weekend we are offering Inner Bag Liners with the purchase of a Topcase or Pannier Kit! We are also offering free shipping on orders starting at $99, and Kit Discounts still apply for topcase kits and Standard (no exhaust cut-out) Pannier Kits!

Simply enter "FREEBAG" in the special instructions field at checkout, and we'll add the appropriate bag(s) to your order.

Shop Globescout Items HERE!

Please feel free to PM me for any additional details or to answer questions!

Offer is valid now thru Monday, Sept. 26 2016
  4. prudolf

Oddometer:
    Meet Alberto and his new 2017 BMW F800GS. He is another happy local customer who decided to go with a 28L and 35L case set in Clear Anodized, mounted to SW Motech EVO side carriers using our unique EVO style mounts/adapters. Alberto is incredibly happy with our panniers, as though they are slimmer than the BMW Vario cases on his old F800GS, he can actually pack much more! The lid nets help him organize some of his smaller belongings.

Check Out Our F650/700/800GS Pannier Kit HERE!

IMG_20161115_102414.jpg IMG_20161115_102341.jpg IMG_20161115_102355.jpg IMG_20161115_1023270001.jpg
    mandatedmotorvation likes this.
  5. prudolf

Oddometer:
    ...and a cool automated filter by google.

IMG_20161115_102355-EFFECTS.jpg
    FailureDrill likes this.
  6. prudolf

Oddometer:
    FYI, another shipment has made it into our warehouse!

Though quite a few case sets were Pre-Sold, we currently have many "Special" Pannier Systems immediately available to ship, including:
    Globescout XPAN+ 'Special' Pannier Kit (CRF1000L Africa Twin) (All Finishes Currently Available)

[​IMG]

Globescout XPAN+ 'Special' Pannier Kit (2013+ R1200GS-W) (Clear Anodized available)
    [​IMG]

Globescout XPAN+ "Special" Pannier Kit (R1200GS-W Adventure) (Clear Anodized Available)
    [​IMG]
    Globescout XPAN+ 'Special' Pannier Kit (KTM 1105/1190/1290 Adventure) (Natural Finish & Black Anodized Available)
    [​IMG]

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like to go over any details before ordering. Also, stay on the lookout as we will soon have updates from Globescout for 2017!
  7. Hog1450

Hog1450 I use the oil you hate Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking to purchase a set of the black panniers for a 2016 GSA with the stock racks. Did you ever figure what tool boxes will work with the Globescouts and stock racks?
  8. Trixie

Trixie Adventurer in my own mind

Oddometer:
    It required fabbing up a small offset block, but I was able to get the GSEmotion box to mount up with the Globescouts. Somebody here did a write up with pictures. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll crawl out to the garage and show you what I rigged up.
  9. Hog1450

Hog1450 I use the oil you hate Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I'll do some looking
  10. Trixie

Trixie Adventurer in my own mind

Oddometer:
    prudolf likes this.
  11. prudolf

Oddometer:
    That's a great solution for fitting the Toolbox to work with our Globescout Panniers! Thanks for sharing! We are putting in requests (and asking you guys) for additional accessories from Globescout. Please share anything that you'd like to see in the future that we may be able to put in their design program!
  12. the-saint

the-saint Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have pictures of a 47L top case with a helmet in it? I am trying to figure out how much I can stash in there when parked. I would also love to see pictures of the 47L top case installed if anyone has them.

(I read the entire 49 pages of this thread and have searched as well. My apologies if I missed anything in my research.)

Thanks
    - Jesse
    prudolf likes this.
  13. UAS

UAS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks

My full face helmet fits easily, large Schuberth. I think you could get a 12 pack of separate cans and the helmet with ease. I will try to remember to post pictures tomorrow.

Upon further review...
    I thought I had the 47L Top Box but mine is the 40L. My Schuberth Large fits and there is a bit of room to spare; maybe not a 12 pack though. :1drink Good idea to make a box to test fit your helmet. The 47L Top box is about 0.6 inches shorter than the 40L. With the liner in mine the crown of the helmet is a bit above the edge. Closing it is no problem though due the shape of the lid.
    prudolf likes this.
  14. prudolf

Oddometer:
    Yup! Here's a couple quick ones from the showroom:
    IMG_20161220_135503.jpg IMG_20161220_135539.jpg
    the-saint likes this.
  15. prudolf

Oddometer:
    ^above is an XL Shoei Hornet in our Black Anodized 47L Topcase, with plenty of room to spare. Here's the same helmet in a 40L case:

IMG_20161220_132333.jpg
  16. the-saint

the-saint Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Paul, Thanks for the quick response. We spoke on Friday afternoon about cases for a Tiger 800. I think I am going to make up a fancy cardboard model to test the size.

Thanks in advance to anyone who posts a 47L on their bike.

- Jesse
    prudolf likes this.
  17. prudolf

Oddometer:
    New Matte Black Powder Coat Finish Available!

Here's our first batch of R1200GS-A LC Panniers along with our 40L Topcase in our new Black Powder Coat finish. Starting now, and moving forward, black anodized cases will be replaced by the new powder coat finish, as it is more practical for scratch resistance on a black surface. This is only for the Matte Black cases. We are keeping the Clear Anodized finish as well as Natural/Bare Aluminum Finish.

IMG_20170421_163226.jpg

IMG_20170421_163725.jpg

IMG_20170421_163808.jpg

IMG_20170421_163823.jpg

As beautiful as the black anodizing is, we have had production delays due to blemishes and pigmentation issues. In our original plans with Globescout, Anodizing was preferred as it does not add any weight to the material, and also does not add any thicknesses which may throw off tolerances during the assembly process. Now that there are newer, high-tech methods of applying powder coat in an even, smooth layer, Globescout is now able to use this process without any design changes. It is also great news that we are able to keep the new cases at the same price point as the anodized cases.

We currently have the follow available in the new Black Powder Coat Finish:
    • R1200GS-Adventure LC Special Pannier System (Also fits standard R1200GS LC's with our own Globescout Special Pannier Racks. No need for the overly priced OEM retrofit)
    • 27L Topcase
    • 40L Topcase
    • Other's, including our standard individual panniers (28L, 35L, & 45L), 47L topcase, and KTM 1190/1290 and Honda Africa Twin Special Pannier Systems will initially trickle in before our next large stock shipment arrives.
  18. prudolf

Oddometer:
    A few additional images of the Powder Coat finish:

DSCF9517.JPG

DSCF9520.JPG

DSCF9526.JPG
    GrumpyOne likes this.
  19. prudolf

Oddometer:
    In with the new, out with old.

We currently have a few black anodized cases in stock which need to move to make room for more incoming Black Powder Coated cases.

We are offering any In-Stock black anodized case at 15% Off!

Current availability (Black Anodized):

• 2x 28L Pannier
    • 5x 35L Pannier
    • 1x 45L Pannier
    • 1x CRF1000L Africa Twin "Special Pannier System"
    The individial panniers will make great luggage systems for many bikes that we do not offer a "special system" for, including:
    • BMW F800GS (F650GS & F700GS)
    • Triumph Tiger 800
    • Suzuki Vstroms
    • Yamaha Super Tenere
    • ...and just about anything else that pannier racks/frames are available for.
  20. prudolf

Oddometer:
    I think we're starting to have a bit of a photo contest for KTM 1190/1290's with our Globescout Special Pannier Systems. Here's a few from our newest KTM customer, Ben:

IMG_5010.JPG IMG_5012.JPG IMG_5013.JPG IMG_5017.JPG