1. eNewsletter Sign Up

[ADVdepot] Grip Puppy Grip Covers - THE Ultimate Comfort Grips!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by prudolf, Jul 25, 2016.

1. prudolf

prudolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    grippuppy_new_header3.jpg
    Since September 2015, ADVdepot.com has been the N.American importer/distributor for Grip Puppies! As many know the name, some may not yet know where to find them. Others may be curious as to what they are need to find the specifics. We're here to help!

A soft, squeezable grip that simply slips over your standard rubber grip (no need to remove standard grip) and leaves you with a soft, squeezable, tactile grip that will give greater comfort to any bike as well as reducing vibration through the grip. A significant benefit is greater throttle control by nature of a larger grip diameter (especially on fly by wire throttles!)

Rock solid when fitted, a simple and very effective solution

Grip covers slip over your existing grips. Made of a special high tech material that is U.V. , ozone and oxidation resistant. Foam will not weaken or crack as a result of years of outdoor exposure. Wall thickness is approximately .15 inches (0.38cm).

Grip Puppies will fit OVER all standard grip sizes.

The standard Grip Puppy will fit standard bars sizes and grips. They are 5" (12.7cm) long and will fit grips that are 1.25 (3.17cm) to 1.45 (3.68cm) inches in diameter. (remember these fit OVER your standard grips, you don't need to remove them)

Grip Puppies can be trimmed to length with a craft knife or similar if needed (using appropriate care!)

These are great for adding a little extra thickness and comfort to your grips.

Will also work with heated grips.

Reduce vibration.

NOTE *** Be wary of inferior grips that are just slices of insulation foam tube! These are the wrong type of material, don't have the textured high grip surface and won't have the comfortable radiused ends!

grip_puppy_fitted1.jpg

Standard installation is simple: Trim the grip puppy to length to match your handgrip. Use soapy water on the grip and inside of the grip puppy, and slide on, with the uncut end towards the outside (Grip Puppies have a nice tapered end). Alternatively, if you are handy and have access to a blow gun, you can install them like the video below:

View our Product Page and Buy HERE! Be sure to use ADVrider inmate discount code "ADV-INMATE" during checkout!
  2. RetiredandRiding

RetiredandRiding Retired to Ride Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got a $1.14 discount. Is this correct?
  3. prudolf

prudolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes sir. We currently offer 5% off to Inmates.

Thank you,
    -Paul
    RetiredandRiding likes this.
  4. prudolf

prudolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Temporary Grip Puppy Price Reduction to $19.99!

We are having an end of month sale price of just $19.99 for Grip Puppies! No limit per order, while supply lasts! ADVrider discount code is also applicable.
  5. prudolf

prudolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Even Sportbikes like wearing Grip Puppies! This local customer of ours wanted to bring a little extra comfort to his GSX-R750 and has been very happy with the results. Reduction in vibration and a little wider grip without losing feedback to the motorcycle!

IMG_20160811_150257.jpg IMG_20160811_150304.jpg IMG_20160811_150257.jpg IMG_20160811_150304.jpg IMG_20160811_150257.jpg IMG_20160811_150304.jpg
  6. prudolf

prudolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now through Monday, Aug. 15th, Grip Puppies are available for just $18.99 using discount code: "SAVETHEPUPPIES"

Grip Puppies can be found HERE on ADVdepot!
  7. Sitheach86

Sitheach86 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought grip puppies from the UK before I saw them here and it was $22 shipped (took 6 weeks) so it's a good deal. I put these on a ninja 650 that is known to be very vibey.

Comfort is improved and it felt much cooler on the 100 plus degree days. They installed in 15 seconds for me over Oxford premium heated grips. Vibration did go down a little but not a huge difference. Over all worth the money and will buy these for my other bike.
    prudolf likes this.
  8. prudolf

prudolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the feedback regarding the grip puppies and glad you're happy with them! I did notice in another thread that you had ordered them from the UK, but did not want hi-jack the thread.

Glad you found us and we'll be happy to help if there's anything you may need!
  9. YJake

YJake PAR Nation Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll bite.

Ordered a set for my Tiger 1050 a couple weeks ago and installed them. I had grown accustomed to having fat grips on my Bonneville and began to have hand pain/cramps after an hour or two of riding with stock skinny grips. These puppies reduced hand fatigue greatly and are comfy. The 1050 triple never had any vibration issues so I can't comment on that but I do like them.

Just ordered a second pair for my DRZ400 in an attempt to help with the pain/cramps in my hands while riding off-road. I'll probably need to cut them to fit with the hand guards I have but no big deal, I'm sure the decrease in hand fatigue will be immense.

On the Tiger.
    image.jpeg

-Jake
    prudolf likes this.
  10. prudolf

prudolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great feedback, Jake, and thank you for getting a new pair for your DRZ!

Just noticing you kept the puppies full length and over the flared ends of the grip. They don't appear to be too long, but just need to make sure it isn't causing any issues with the throttle tube sticking. We normally cut them to fit within the flared ends to sit flat.
  11. prudolf

prudolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now thru Cyber Monday Grip Puppies are available for just $14.99! The lowest price they will be this year!

Find them HERE at ADVdepot.com

[​IMG]
  12. Sitheach86

Sitheach86 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got about 5k miles and my grip puppies show no sign of wear. Good stuff and will have them for all my bikes.
    prudolf likes this.
  13. gumpdaddy

gumpdaddy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For that price I had to give them a try. My FZ gets a little buzzy after a few hours.
    prudolf likes this.
  14. Critt

Critt Rambling on

Oddometer:
    I bought some.
    prudolf likes this.
  15. prudolf

prudolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great to hear! We'll be glad to help you out for your other motorcycles when you're ready.

Thank you everyone for your orders.
  16. prudolf

prudolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ATTN: Canadian Customers

Just a brief FYI:

As we ship internationally, we do understand shipping can become costly and sometimes force you to look otherwise. To help during the holiday season, we are offering discount code "CAD-SVNGS" to save 10% on your entire orders. Shipping costs still apply, though we do offer very fair flat rates.

We do also have Grip Puppies listed on Amazon.ca as an alternative source: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00CP9ADD8
    Amazon Fulfillment in Canada will be coming in the near future.
  17. Critt

Critt Rambling on

Oddometer:
    Here are mine installed. Not super easy to install over my oxford heated grips. I used soapy water and 100 psi air hose. Probably took 20 minutes total.

Not sure I like the larger diameter feel of the grip puppy for off road... but will have to try it to test it.

Fast shipping. Quality product. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    prudolf likes this.
  18. prudolf

prudolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback, Critt. Though the instructions state that soapy water will do the job, that is their universal application, as not everyone has an air compressor or workshop. To be honest, that is how I install them in our shop; a combination of soapy water and then the blow gun to slip them right over the grip.

Your Oxford grips appear to be a little larger diameter than standard grips, but the final result looks great. Let us know how the extra diameter feels. The puppies do add a nicer feel/texture to the grips which many brands try to replicate!
  19. LittleWiggler

LittleWiggler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a set on my GSA - love them.
    prudolf likes this.
  20. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:

Hi Critt;

I installed a set of the cheap under grip heaters on my 640 KTM last winter. They increased the grip diameter and also made the grips feel harder. I did a 7 day trip with the hard grips and came home with my right index finger all swollen due to the hard grips and all the vibration of the 640.

I had a spare set of grip puppies laying around and installed them on the KTM. The grip diameter now looks to be about the same size as yours.....it feels bloody huge!
    The first day I rode with the oversize grips I had my doubts about liking them, but after almost 3 weeks of riding in some very rough terrain, I'm keeping them on. I never had any problems with my index finger again.

Give your install a couple of days before you make a decision on them!

Cheers
    prudolf likes this.