Adventure 640 tank guards/trip pics

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Scoot Jockey, May 31, 2004.

1. Scoot Jockey

Scoot Jockey BST Faithful

Oddometer:
    Okay folks, here are some different pics showing the mounting points for the crashbars. These first two show how it mounts to the fuel tap side of the engine.

Attached Files:

2. Scoot Jockey

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

3. Scoot Jockey

Oddometer:
    This next one shows how it weaves under the exhaust system on the left side.

Attached Files:

4. BlitzBike

BlitzBike LC4 Pilot

Oddometer:
    Now I see what you mean about the oil site glass getting coved by the skidplate /tool box in pic. No matter---I have a temp guage/dipstick.
    Otherwise it looks like both tool box and crash bars would fit on the left side of bike but, the right looks decidedly more doubtful because of the low slung header clearances?
  5. Scoot Jockey

Oddometer:
    In this pic you can see the placement of the middle crossbar. It does not attach to the bike, it just runs between the two sides of the crashbars.

Attached Files:

6. Scoot Jockey

Oddometer:
    This image is kinda hard to make out, but if you compare it to your own bike, you will see where this top piece mounts under the headlights.

Attached Files:

7. BlitzBike

BlitzBike LC4 Pilot

Oddometer:
    I assume you can still get the fuel tank off without added hassle???
    Nice Pics BTW. I guess the only area I would wonder about (crash wise) is the flat under the tank horizontal cross bar. Hope that doesn't slice rearward if you take a big hit. but, perhaps it can't because of the over the fender bar??
  8. Scoot Jockey

Oddometer:
    Good question Swampy. I haven't had to take off the tank yet, but the only thing that worrys me is being able to get the headlight mask off with the bars in the way. It may work, but I might also end up removing the crashbars to do so.

The best source for info on KTM parts is www.ktminfo.com . once inside, click on parts catalog, and you can look up parts info for just about any modern KTM model, including the Rallye model from 2003-. There you can find info on either fender set up.
  9. BlitzBike

BlitzBike LC4 Pilot

Oddometer:
    Thanks! For those interested, I was told there is a three week wait on the crash bars since thery come from Europe and are probably in great demand being that they are a new developement.
  10. psari

psari psari

Oddometer:
    So we don't need any extra extenions for the stock fender but just to reverse the mountinng, correct?[​IMG]
  11. psari

psari psari

Oddometer:
    Scoot Jockey, i guess we need to be sure first that we won't have to remove the crash bars in order to remove the Headlight Mask. Otherwise we will have a hard time every time we will get the bike for service!!!
  12. Arch

Arch Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer:
    No. Again - the factory tank/toolbox/plate will not fit with these crash bars. Either side.
  13. BlitzBike

BlitzBike LC4 Pilot

Oddometer:
    Thanks Arch. I suppose we are limited to that single tool box that mounts in FRONT of the bash plate (KTM SOMMER) since the dual tool box doesn't work with the crash bars.
  14. Arch

Arch Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer:
    If ya need the extra storage of a frame mounted box, then yea, that'd be a sweet setup if it all fits. Truth be told, I bought my factory rally tank/tool/plate mostly for added protection down there, but it's a big piece of kit and I don't run it all the time. I really like these bars.
  15. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    Scoot,

can you throw on a pic of the right side where you dumped? It would be nice to see how the bars held up to this!

Thanks on getting this info together :thumb
  16. d0gWateR

d0gWateR Goat Stuntaz DSMC

Oddometer:
    :thumb Beauty ride pictures, especially the sunset-bike-sleeppingbag one. Thanks for posting! Oh, cool tank guards! :nod
  17. Scoot Jockey

Oddometer:
    Mr. Popsicle,

I couldn't find any damage to the bike, except for a small scratch on one of the panniers. At first it looked like the bar by the fuel tap was scratched, but after washing the bike (Creeper would be proud!) it looks as good as new.:thumb
  18. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    Dear Mr. Jockey.

Nice! :thumb So what are those bars made of, particularly the finish or outer surface - something besides painted?

Respectfully,
    Meat Popsicle III, esq.

ps - is this a good price?

http://www.eurotechmotorsports.com/forms/QuickOrder.CFM?do=detail&q_startrow=1&q_part=502.769 00 01
  19. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    Where are these crash bars on the H&B website? I see the LC8, but no LC4. I have only found them for sale at one place on the web (linked above, their US distributor) for $225 but dunno if thats a good price or not... probably the only price. Sounds like several people have bought them - so what do y'all say?

While your at it, it would also help to say where the aluminum spacers and bolts to drop the fender down a bit are located (ktminfo.com?). I was going to call them but at least wanted to buy the bars first so I only call them once.

Thanks?
  20. Renazco

Renazco Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer:
    Andrew has these available at the adventures workshop, same price, good guy to deal with.