Found Adventure Bike, Midwest

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by johngault, Oct 23, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johngault

johngault Leaning into it Supporter

Oddometer:
    ***** Edit******

I'm changing my interesting in bikes to include larger adventured Bikes. In addition to my bike being wrecked, I have taken an unexpected opportunity to retire this year so my choice in bikes just expanded to a long range Adventure bike.

So I'm interested in any of the adventure bikes: KTM, BMW, Multistrada. Still looking for a late model bike in the midwest. With my retirement at the end of the year, I can travel further for the right bike/deal.

********* Edit End *******

I am unexpectedly in the market for a new bike. A starbucks patron backed his pickup into my parked bike. The dealer said it is totaled. I am little surprised but it made a pretty good crunching sound as it hit the ground.

I'm interested in replacing my 990 Baja for a 1090. Hopefully somewhere within a few hours of Indianapolis.

I will also consider other adventure bikes.

Thanks
  2. onlybetx

onlybetx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve got an 1190r with all the fixins of a 1090/1290. If you’re in the market you’ll want this over a 1090. Loads of farkles and meticulously maintained. PM me if you’re interested. I’m in Cincinnati.
  3. indianagravel

indianagravel n00b

Oddometer:
    2017 1090, 9k, full arrow exhaust.
    Paul
    765 714 2577
    OU812 likes this.
  4. kingmildred

kingmildred Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got a nine fifty in Chicago - Great shape, 20k mi and various upgrades.
  5. johngault

Oddometer:
    Bump! Still in the market
  6. onlybetx

onlybetx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve got my buddies 1290sar for sale here too...
  7. rob

rob Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    14 F800GS Adv?
  8. Rips Millar

Rips Millar capt. mediocre

Oddometer:
    How bout another Baja?
    Front page today, Reno. Will ship
  9. cpallen

cpallen Nearly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OK, @johngault - I'll bite. I'm the original owner of a 2016 R1200GS Adventure with about 10K miles on it, located in Des Moines, IA. It's a typically loaded low frame model with a few choice upgrades such as AltRider skid plate, lower crash bars, and radiator guards; Touratech rider and passenger seats; and Fastway pegs. Plus a bunch of other little things we can go over if you are interested; and all the original take off parts. The BMW Nav V GPS could be a negotiable item. The bike is under warranty until mid-January 2020 so you could still buy an extended warranty if you wanted it. I have the free and clear title in hand. It has been ridden off road some but for the most part forest service roads, BDRs, and the like in during fair weather in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. All services and recalls are up to date and I have had zero issues with the bike. I think the market value of this bike is probably around $15,000.

My reason for selling is that I have recently moved to the Midwest from Washington and have lost my off road/camping buddies. New friends here are mostly road riders. I am 65 y/o and retired and TBH this bike is getting increasingly difficult to maneuver at a standstill and so I would take this opportunity to pick up something like a R1200RS. Otherwise I'm not actively trying to sell it because it is a truly awesome do-it-all, anytime, anywhere bike. I have a Kendon trailer and could deliver within a reasonable distance if paid in full, or pick you up in Des Moines or Omaha Airports for a fly 'n ride, or work with your shipper. I've been there and done all those things in my many years of riding. PM me your phone number if you would like to discuss further. Attached pictures are from last summer but other than the TKC 80s are an accurate representation of the bike as I have barely ridden it since moving out here.

IMG_0481.jpg IMG_0482.jpg IMG_0483.jpg IMG_0484.jpg WB10A1204GZ666653 BMW WebETK.PNG

Thanks for looking and good luck in your search. (Just noticed looks just like the bike in your avatar)
    OU812 likes this.
  10. johngault

Oddometer:
    I had the GS 800. great around town but need something larger for TOURING. THANKS

Thanks but my next bike must have ABS
  11. jccdkc

jccdkc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 2015 1190 Adventure S set up for travel. Congratulations on the retirement. I just pulled the plug last July. PM me for info.
  12. johngault

Oddometer:
    cpallen;

Thanks for the email. I did have the same bike. I purchased it via this site. I sold it this year because I di not have time to ride it. forward about 6 months and i'm unexpectly retiring at the end of the year. I should have kept my GSA if I could have known.

The GSA was a great bike and may consider anotherone. THe only issue with your bike is that it is the low model and I', 6'2" and really want the taller bike
    cpallen likes this.
  13. johngault

Oddometer:
    Hi would be interested in more details. Thanks
  14. waderman

waderman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 2018 1090r with about 5500 miles, skid plate, rally foot pegs, bar risers, 1290 steel rear rack, Garmin Zumo hardwired cradle/mount, handlebar warmers, 12v outlet. Live in WI. Not sure what it’s worth but if you’re interested I’ll research it...
    8493BB91-4009-46D0-8013-68CF1BE11DA3.jpeg

Also has KTM aluminum hand guards and KTM oversized travel rear rack...
  15. johngault

Oddometer:
    Hey Onlybetax: I did not see the listing you are referring to?
  16. BackroadsOnly

BackroadsOnly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congratulations on your retirement as I did the same in 2018. The adventure market is funny as I am moving toward smaller/lighter bikes for my riding style.

I have a 2016 Honda Africa twin with ~9000 miles sand lots of extras. I have mixed emotions parting with it but rode my 690 on the Smokey MTN 500 and enjoyed it. The AT did the MABDR earlier and did really well.

I am in Owensboro, KY, roughly 3.5 hours from you. Let me know if you want more information.

On a positive note, start planning your rides.

Regards,
    Philip
  17. kingmildred

kingmildred Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got a 2005.5 ktm 950 adv for sale in Chicago.

312 330-4800
    Chris
  18. rsl47m

rsl47m Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    610 husky?
  19. johngault

Oddometer:
    No thanks. I'm looking for bigger, long range bike. I have a few dirt bikes now
  20. ncj01

ncj01 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    $32k+ built 1290 super ADV R.
    Arkansas
    IMG_4665.jpg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.