Adventure boots for a woman with thick ankles

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by GrayRat, Mar 28, 2019.

1. GrayRat

GrayRat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i am looking to purchase a set of adventure boots with the attributes of a Forma Adventure, but with more room in the ankle area. Easy to walk around with, but an aggressive tread pattern for gravel and rocks, but sturdy enough for standing on the pegs for extended off road. Also, needs to fit a E width size 12 foot. Calf is only 16” but angle is enlarged from an off-road accident a few years back. And suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Lucky Explorer

Lucky Explorer Traveled the world

Oddometer:
    I am a big proponent of Frey Daytona boots of Germany. They make (or did as I have a pair) a Trans Open adventure boot. It is not as tough as the Forma Adv, but has velcro side adjustments. Not totally sure of how much adjustment you need but maybe look them up? And not sure if they will give the support you may be looking for. Good luck.
    Allen
  3. MarylandStrom

MarylandStrom Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the Daytona boot as well. Incredibly well made, but expensive. From what I remember, the ankle area has two seperate velcro adjustments.

I have very wide feet. These boots were perfect.
  4. Dtx915

Dtx915 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    a friend of mine takes his boots to a cobbler and has a extra piece sewn in to the side as nothing fits.