Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. flashover604

flashover604 tailgunner

Oddometer:
    Hi all. I’ve found a GS I want so I put my 2003 KTM 640 Adventure up for sale on the big board. It’s had the High Flow head ported by Chip at Munn Racing, has a Rekluse (and original clutch goes with it) installed, a Centech fuse block under the dash with HID lights, two brand new Kenda K270 tires (20 miles or less), a ktm tank bag, an uninstalled high output Electrosport stator, an I installed auxiliary fan kit and a set on uninstalled Kuoba lowering links. I’m asking $3300 and I’m located in Lancaster with a clean title in my name. Here’s the link to the ad.
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/2003...grade-in-ohio-now-3300.1410379/#post-38567837

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

Rudderfeet likes this.
  2. Woodchip Rookie

Woodchip Rookie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can you tell me where this was? As far as I know riding in the Tar Hollow State Park isnt legal?
  3. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    In the Tar Hollow AREA. Riding off-road in the State Park IS illegal. There are many non-maintained township roads near there that are open to ride, even used in enduros.
  4. brider

brider Long suffering Cub Fan NO MORE!

Oddometer:
    I don't post on here much before I put this on the big board I thought I would try here first.

FOR Sale is my 2001 DR 650. Mods include
    Clark tank
    Full FMF Exhaust and ProCycle Pumper carb
    Happy Trails cans
    Rear rack
    Trail Tech gauges and after market headlight
    ProCycle 250 watt stator
    Bark Busters
    Full skid plate
    Sargent seat
    New battery

She is well used and I've dumped it many times (ask my friends) so she has some battle scars. $2300 obo. Bike is in Tipp City OH. Text or call 937-672-6357. I can provide some pics if you are interested.
  5. motojunky21

motojunky21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What BikeriderMark said. East of Tar Hollow, that is a non maintained road.

Attached Files:

Rudderfeet likes this.
  6. Rudderfeet

Rudderfeet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yesterday @FlyFishJeff and I rode in the Jake Tom Family Enduro and had a very fun time. He took his KTM 500 EXC and I bought my Beta 350RR-S. I was reminded just how different true single track is from Wayne’s groomed twin-track main corridor, where you get tons of satisfying flow in the latter, but it’s pretty predictable. This event had a 5 mile restart format loop, where if you were fast enough, you’d go five rounds. Total slowpoke that I am, I made it three before they blocked off entrance into another. Still slightly annoyed I missed cutoff for a fourth lap by 2 minutes, but it is what it is. My first lap was the worst due to being rusty and dropping the bike into a awkward rut that took several minutes to get going again (fortunately my only drop of the day). They also had a long stretch through a stream that was really fun but fatiguing. Great course overall - I just wanted to ride more of it, and may end up joining their club sometime.

The event is highly recommended; I’ll go again next year even though I finished near the end of the pack, telling me that I need a LOT more single track practice.

I’m strongly leaning towards Crow Canyon next weekend, likely Saturday if the weather predictions hold.

IMG_1408.JPG IMG_1407.JPG IMG_1403.JPG
  7. motodirtlover

motodirtlover Motodirtlover

Oddometer:
    Good that you guys made it out. The last "timed" lap was thrown out in scoring since those that started at 11: 15 were at a disadvantage with getting all of the laps in. Since the Club had a short 5 mile loop, the format was the best case scenario. Normally we like the Clubs to have at least 8-10 mile loop for the family enduro events so people don't get stacked up. The MDMC Club that is hosting our final family enduro event Sat Oct 19th has (2) diff 20+ mile loops.
    That HVMC Club may have (2) of these events next year. TBA....
    Rudderfeet and FlyFishJeff like this.
  8. B-Mac

B-Mac Aged Beef Supporter

Oddometer:
    Late ride report:
    Last Wed/Thur.
    Road the Logan-Marietta Overnight and return with BikeriderMark. Around 220 Miles of Adv Stuff, Nothing difficult but great views and fun gravel with low dust.
    100_0300.JPG
    100_0297.JPG
    VIRB0062.JPG
    VIRB0061.JPG
  9. ironbuttwannabe

ironbuttwannabe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been gone a long time. Family and a barn loan made me sell all bikes. I am now looking to ride to Prudhoe Bay and as far as I can get to China. It will be a long time yet. I'm guessing 10 years. But I will be back in. Not sure if we still have the " go find me pictures anymore ?
    rbsride365 and Chazzz like this.
  10. MeefZah

MeefZah Curmudgeonly Supporter

Oddometer:
    What's up man!
  11. ironbuttwannabe

ironbuttwannabe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Been busy with farm. Built a new one 3 years ago and a house right on property which is nice!!! Have two kids now.
    rbsride365 likes this.
  12. FatherX

FatherX out of bubblegum Supporter

Oddometer:
    @B-Mac Was that last UTube vid on a common access track?
  13. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think everything we were on was at least a township road. I wondered a few times. I just wish I knew how to find those roads again!
    FatherX likes this.
  14. B-Mac

Oddometer:
    I cleared my GPS trip log from that trip and I don't remember what day of the trip so it will take awhile for me to get you that roads name from my data. I can tell you as Mark stated that it is a township road. My VIRB Edit software is acting up so I can't use my satellite overlay to find it ether.
    Also since I don't speak NE Ohio could you tell me WTF is a common access track?:imaposerI don't think it's to common since it has grass in the middle but I think I saw some homestead activity going on off that road. It's hard to tell in southern Ohio.:D

Edit: Sent you a PM>
    Gabby, Chazzz and Maximus Power like this.
  15. B-Mac

Oddometer:
    Any of you AIO Dog's going to make this in the AM? Vinny? Benly? I should be there.

[​IMG]
  16. XMtnman02193

XMtnman02193 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since my receding hairline shows in the picture they used for the flyer, I figured I’d show up, haha!
    B-Mac likes this.
  17. drummervinny27

drummervinny27 One of those darn kids

Oddometer:
    I’m not sure. I want to go but apparently there is a demo day up in ulrichsville for some KTM dirt bikes that my buddies want to go to. I haven’t quite decided yet. I’m still trying to figure out what I want to eat for dinner.
    Rudderfeet likes this.
  18. Benly

Benly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn, I forgot to put this one on my calendar and now have prior commitments tomorrow so I guess I am out.
    Ride safe.
  19. drummervinny27

drummervinny27 One of those darn kids

Oddometer:
    I’ll be out there! I should probably be sleeping now but that’s not how I roll.
  20. B-Mac

Oddometer:
    Vin,
    I just finished B-Fast at the house and saw your post. I would defiantly do Crow Canyon KTM demo event if you have never been. It's a must do thing.
    I know you have been on these Dual Sport club ADV rides before and I would like to ride with you today as always but the KTM thing is the shit. ether way get some time off so we can ride some KAT before Snow.