Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. MeefZah

MeefZah Curmudgeonly Supporter

Oddometer:
    I talked to Jesus on your behalf, he said it's cool if you want to take a Sunday off and ride.
    GregsBro and rbsride365 like this.
  2. MeefZah

Oddometer:
    Meredith and Jon and I took a little breakfast ride today, just a lap over and around Millersburg and points southwest of there; Meredith had to kind of get her legs back under her after a bit of time not riding. The WR is a very forgiving choice for that sort of rider re-entry.

Mohawk Dam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Murica

[​IMG]

Chalupa and a quick bathroom jerk at Ohio's favorite Adult Taco Bell

[​IMG]
    TownPump, Chazzz, rbsride365 and 7 others like this.
  3. rbsride365

rbsride365 Hi-Viz

Oddometer:
    Wait a second... You've gone and gotten a new Vstrom? And I don't think Jon rides anymore. Picture proof? ;) Remind me not to use the bathroom in that Taco bell. I get then taco thing, but the bell?
  4. rbsride365

rbsride365 Hi-Viz

Oddometer:
    Thanks! You know Jesus too?! I'd be all over it but I've taken the last 3 Sundays off to ride so... Over 2500+ miles in the last 30 days. Still got those tires?
  5. MeefZah

Oddometer:
    I do but the KTM is on it's way back so ima use them

Yeah, Jesus does my landscaping
    GregsBro and rbsride365 like this.
  6. MeefZah

Oddometer:
    Yes. 2020 DL1050XT. One month old. Turned 3500 miles today. No pics of Jon but he was there, I swear on my landscaper

I assume the clapper of the bell is the clit. Refer to above image for clarification.
    rbsride365 likes this.
  7. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    So what was the issue with the ktm?
    rbsride365 likes this.
  8. MeefZah

Oddometer:
    Well the problem was it was showing an immobilizer failure and was not starting.

Pony Powersports had it for 45+ days and wasn't communicating for shit. When they did they were saying crazy stuff that clearly wasn't the cause... I was told at various times that atmospheric pressure changes caused it, and that the bike was not an 890 but was in fact a falsely labeled 790 and that KTM did not make an 890.

In the end, KTM and Pony told me that it needs a new wiring harness and KTM attributed the failure to an aftermarket head brace that is used to keep the headlight nacelle from falling off the bike... because... yeah, that actually happens. KTM wasn't going to warranty it because of that, so I sent a lemon law refund demand to them, and after getting that they agreed to "goodwill" repair it... so basically the warranty repair they should have done in the first place, since I highly doubt bolting a piece of steel on either side of the outside of the headlight nacelle nowhere near any wiring realllllllllly caused the problem.

At the time I had posted the tires availability I think the bike was still under lemon law scrutiny and I wasn't expecting it back. Now that's changed and it is coming home, albeit probably with a longer list of problems because Pony Pwr seems... at least from appearances thus far... not... great....
    B-Mac and rbsride365 like this.
  9. FatherX

FatherX Mostly Dead Supporter

Oddometer:
    I thought the carpenter dude was more of a Saturday guy?
    rbsride365 likes this.
  10. BigOhio

BigOhio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well since you have a bike that was never made and doesn’t work, I could offer you small percentage of the amount you paid for it if you have a title. This will keep you from going prematurely grey and bald which is a small price to pay.
    B-Mac, MeefZah and rbsride365 like this.
  11. TripleTriples

TripleTriples Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll check those idiots off my list of places to shop.
    MeefZah and rbsride365 like this.
  12. rbsride365

rbsride365 Hi-Viz

Oddometer:
    Glad you got the bike back. Shame on KTM for not wanting to fix a known issue over an aftermarket part meant to fix another known issue. Hope it’s good to you for the next 100k. I’ll admit though that I don’t have my hopes set too high. For your sake though. Let me know how the tires are. Guess I should have called dibs a week ago. I am happy that you have something to use them on though. The situation really did suck.
    MeefZah likes this.
  13. rbsride365

rbsride365 Hi-Viz

Oddometer:
    I do understand the debate over it. Not sure he really cares one way or the other. If he does landscaping maybe we should also check into bike maintenance also? Or Maybe we should take that KTM to one of those bike blessing deals or buy a little bell. I hear they work. All kidding aside… I’ve been gone way more than most guys who are still married and have kids so I’m going to stick around home base this weekend and rack up some more away time. Take lots of pics. Excited to hear how it goes!
    FatherX and MeefZah like this.
  14. MeefZah

Oddometer:
    Oh it's not back. It's coming back. The wiring harness is on backorder. This was just me coordinating the repair, LOL....
    rbsride365 likes this.
  15. FatherX

FatherX Mostly Dead Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3:1drink

My money is on the "doesn't care" angle
    rbsride365 likes this.
  16. Chazzz

Chazzz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    00A50DAC-173B-41C0-B48D-D9CC991EC0B1.jpeg 259259E0-A104-46EB-BB35-3551E602027A.jpeg A8B442EB-1DF5-4C5E-819F-B97544F1164C.jpeg 7C5ECF93-51D3-47CB-A89F-1550379C66CA.jpeg
    Back from my week up in the UP. Doesn’t even feel like I went anywhere unfortunately. Lots of beer consumed during this trip riding the bikes to local breweries. Also lots of fuel consumed averaging a whopping 13mpg or a hair more over the 2k mile drive. So much for the stated 22 mpg highway. I have a wedding to attend tomorrow and am way behind on mowing my house and rentals. Not to mention all of my mowers are currently broken down so I am up shit creek. Hopefully next weekend I can get some much needed riding in.
  17. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gee. Sounds like a great week!
    Chazzz likes this.
  18. MeefZah

Oddometer:
    You camp on the rocket range?
  19. Chazzz

Chazzz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No :( We camped at state park campgrounds close to towns the whole time.
  20. BigOhio

BigOhio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Boy! I say Boy! 13 mpg, you got lead in your foot or packing it somewhere else! My '20 with 3.5l v6 has been getting right at 27 mpg mostly back and forth to Cbus and will get a couple more on all highway.
    Chazzz likes this.