Adventure Jamboree & Beater Bikes

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Ladybug, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    With a weather forecast for record highs in the Pacific Northwest, I wasn't sure the turnout for this event would be what I originally expected. Link to the Event - - > LINK

Adventure Riders never disappoint and there was a terrific turnout for the June 24 - 27 campout.

Below are pics and comments that were posted on the original thread.

Posted by stasival
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Ladybug comment: I recognize this road, it's Zumwalt Rd.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] end of a great loop up to Buckhorn.
    Blakebird, black 8, sector and 5 others like this.
  2. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Following by @Papa Big Cycle:

Took a ride up to Troy today via Flora. Very scenic and Flora is pretty much a ghost town. [​IMG]
    black 8, N-Id-Jim, FoolHardy and 2 others like this.
  3. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    @No-Fret posted this shot taken during the Asotin ride.

Thanks Sorebutt, great ride. [​IMG]

More pics from @stasival. I asked him to get pics and post them for me since I stayed in camp for the most part.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    black 8, sector, N-Id-Jim and 5 others like this.
  4. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Following pics by @Fat Toney:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Weather…shmeather! Should pull in around noon.
    black 8, Fat Toney, N-Id-Jim and 5 others like this.
  5. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    @PNW Buttercup shows us a pic of her set up for folks to play to earn their points during the poker run.
    Poker Ride. Check point #2

4 shots, pick your poison...
    [​IMG]
    50 Pendleton Whiskey or Johnny Walker Red
    30 Fireball or Jack Daniel's
    20 MadDog

From Stasival
    [​IMG]

Below by No-Fret :

Thanks MrTwister! Lol [​IMG]

More ride pics by Stasival
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best fajitas in Enterprise, thanks Applejam! [​IMG]

From @Go-Find-A-Tree
    The end of the Trail on Hell's mystery ride [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks like @PNW Buttercup found a place to cool down.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stasivals additions:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Following photos by @dhally:
    Great Jamboree! Here's a few pics
    View from camp is awsome.
    [​IMG]

The swap meet was fun. Several beaters (projects) were sold to locals. Almost everybody sold something.
    [​IMG]

The mysterious @Radioman made an appearance to give @Ladybug a hug
    [​IMG]

@LC Garage 's friend showed off his brand new Trail 90.
    [​IMG]

@LC Garage's addition to the pics.:
    Lots of random pics, some I took, some from Little Red, some from Sam (Jungledad) and some from Teeny;

Poker run route info. RJ Morel (Rob) seemed to grasp these faster than I did, so he led the 5 bike Beater Bike contingent out of camp and for the first 30 miles or so;
    [​IMG]

Checkpoint 1 was in camp, with lovely ladies in charge;
    [​IMG]

Jungledad (XL350) and I (F650ST) ready to leave camp;
    [​IMG]

We hooked up with RJ Morel (Rob - on his Rokon-a-be), Papabigcycle (Jeff - on a CZ) and Ryan (trusty DT175) and headed out of camp. We only made a few miles before Jeff's CZ developed carb problems and dropped out. We continued on with Rob leading the way.

When we reached Imnaha, we connected with MalibuStacey on her TW200, She joined our group and we headed up. Soon we were on the 16% grade and her TW200 was acting up and had a dead battery. We bump started it but it was running pretty bad so we loaded it on the chase rig's trailer. The chase rig was being piloted by Barb who did a great job on the steep and rough roads.

As we were loading the TW200, Rob came down on the Rokon-a-be and said the roughness of the road was causing parts to come loose on his bike and was heading back. We continued on and within about 10 miles we were up on a pretty smooth ridge road with some beautiful overlooks.

Sam took this picture of Ryan and I overlooking the Snake River;
    [​IMG]

Here are the three remaining beaters at Hat Point Lookout (chase rig in background);
    [​IMG]

Barb and her pup in the chase rig;
    [​IMG]

Here Soren skillfully attempts the two challenges at the final checkpoints, while Capt Attila (Mark) and LC1 (Lynden) look on;
    [​IMG]

Soren was high point for all poker run challenges, he must have great skills!

Here are Odd Scott and Mary running the BBQ, while Ryan eagerly awaits lunch;
    [​IMG]

Another view of the lunch area, good food and good friends;
    [​IMG]

The views were spectacular, here Ryan points out the 7 Devils;
    [​IMG]

Then we walked up to the fire lookout tower, here it is from the parking lot;
    [​IMG]

A bit closer, Sam is waving from the observation deck;
    [​IMG]

From another angle, Ryan is looking down from the observation deck;
    [​IMG]

The Snake River, far below;
    [​IMG]

How far? Glad you asked;
    [​IMG]

Ryan led the beater contingent back to camp, it was a great ride and covered about 120 miles.

More random pics;

Teeny and Ladybug at the swap meet;
    [​IMG]

Baroquenride at our camp;
    [​IMG]

It was nice to finally meet Brad, we had a couple of good visits over the weekend.

Our camp when we first arrived on Wednesday, we had a pretty good load of bikes and parts for the swap meet;
    [​IMG]

Jungleman and Teeny on their SL100's;
    [​IMG]

The kids back in camp with Sam;
    [​IMG]

My CT90;
    [​IMG]

Putting it to work, the step thru is a great camp bike;
    [​IMG]

Here Ladybug begins the awards ceremony, right after the group picture;
    [​IMG]

Papabigcycle graciously receives his trophy for 1st Beater Bike to quit;
    [​IMG]

RJ Morel receives his trophy for most original Beater Bike for his very unique Rokon-a-be;
    [​IMG]

Sam with the SL350, he rode it from Camas to Enterprise (310 miles), then another 120 miles on the poker run!
    [​IMG]

Sam (Jungledad) and Karen (Junglemom) were leaving before the awards ceremony, so Ladybug presented the Best Beater award to Sam before they left;
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoy these pics! Somewhere we have a picture of Jungleman teaching his mom to ride his '69 CT90. If we can find it, I'll post it later.
    black 8, N-Id-Jim, LC Garage and 3 others like this.
  6. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Posted by @Oddball:
    Once again thank you to Ladybug and everyone for making this such a great event.

So I might have taken one or two photos on the rides I participated. Hope you enjoy.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So I am following Bicentennial Road here. It completely disappeared after the first of 5 gates, but following the line took me directly to the next gate.

After excitingly clearing the first trench made for water by the farmer I slowed down for any further surprises. Good think too as the next trench was deeper and wider where I came across it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

More from @HellsAlien (Al) has led the Hell's Secret ride
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just to wrap up the few I might have taken.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Following by @Metalcarver
    Um, well, I was at the Granny point checkpoint, and hell, they won't be up here for a while. Only I wasn't there for a couple of minutes and half the poker run went on by.

ooops

[​IMG]

Pics by @RJ Morel
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Home safe and sound. Didn't take many pics as I was in camp more this year.
    My hip is loosing its giddy up.
    Einstein wanted to see if we could shred Rokon-a-be's belt ......again. No problem. We carry extras. Thankyou to the "I already forgot your name" KTM rider that spent the better part of an hour out in the heat helping replace the belt and looking for parts scattered on the road. Then followed me all the way back to camp to make sure I got there safe and sound. True adv characteristics. Leave no Rokon behind.
    I think the heat and trying to go up hills really not a good idea for little weeny belt drives.
    Also didn't know what to do with Einstein's used covid mast so I put it on Rokon-a-be's air cleaner as a precleaner. Seem to work. No covid all week end.
    Favorite pic of favorite people. I give you "Tall, Taller, and Tallest. :)
    Went to Flora on way home, then down to Troy road to see what that was like in my pickup. I can see why so many of you like it.
    Thank you Sheri and Todd for putting on another great rally for us. It was good to see all of you.
    Apple Jam many people have eaten your fajitas and gone on to live normal, healthy lives. I really liked them. Several times as a matter of fact, rjmorel

Following by @Suzy America
    During the Asotin ride (which was fantastic! Thanks Jim) we had a bent rim and a few other incidents. Got to witness some extraordinary field repair of the dented rim using only some duct tape and a crowbar. The bike and the rider finished the whole ride too. Plus a few other pics from the same ride.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    black 8, sorebutt, No-Fret and 5 others like this.
  7. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Things are out of order and there isn't much in the way of descriptions but I hope you all enjoy the pics anyway. There will be more coming up and maybe next you some of you will want to come to see some of these sights.

I still need to post my pictures yet and I know there are a few others that will be adding to it as well.
  8. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    More Pics, these are by @FoolHardy

[​IMG] Special Ed's shiny boots

[​IMG]
    Seven of us leaving Emmett

[​IMG]
    Good sign

[​IMG]
    Time for a selfie break

[​IMG]
    Not a good sign

[​IMG]
    Too much of this, we had to go back to the start and change routes. My steering head bearings came loose, so I headed home to fix them, and trailered up the next morning with Malibu Stacy.

[​IMG]
    We got there early Thursday, so we decided to take the tram ride

[​IMG]
    Friday morning was all about chasing these guys through the woods and over the hills

[​IMG]
    black 8, N-Id-Jim, LC Garage and 3 others like this.
  9. Suzy America

Suzy America Adventurer

Oddometer:
  10. Suzy America

Suzy America Adventurer

Oddometer:
  11. Suzy America

Suzy America Adventurer

Oddometer:
  12. Suzy America

Suzy America Adventurer

Oddometer:
  13. Suzy America

Suzy America Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. FoolHardy

FoolHardy Still Inky

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] My wife's TW died on the way to Hat Point, and she lost her seat on the trailer ride. She was sure happy to get her seat back :)
    [​IMG]
    Got the bike running, and got in a short ride before it started running bad, so we headed back to camp.
    [​IMG]
    Malibu Stacy in the zone
    [​IMG]
    I headed out for a short solo to explore the roads around Flora, and on the way back to camp I found the smoothest gravel I have ever ridden.
    [​IMG]
    Beauty everywhere, this was Ant Flat rd, just a few miles from camp
    [​IMG]
    Lush forest near Flora
    [​IMG]
    Top of Mt Howard, or Chipmunk Heaven
    black 8, smilin jack, Ladybug and 5 others like this.
  15. Malibu Stacy

Malibu Stacy Butterfly…

Oddometer:
    D3979BAC-7942-4802-8DF5-5B67E6BC0CD9.jpeg B809E036-F2E7-48A6-92EB-802F87CF8668.jpeg B3AE1B45-170B-448B-9489-3C0C974002BF.jpeg 94DDC62C-DBF0-4DDD-BE4B-B7711ED6822A.jpeg EFBE4536-7B95-4EBC-88D7-C9C92964C176.jpeg 9EFC280B-64AE-42BA-923D-817F01486E05.jpeg 5C74F25B-1172-4C2B-850D-4D483F8E3FD9.jpeg BA4B880E-2C83-43C8-B124-2B6F9DD99932.jpeg 0102F350-24C5-46B8-81A6-D6D4CF5D50BF.jpeg What a great weekend adventure! It was full of exploring, beautiful scenery and meeting lots of wonderful people. We even made a few chipmunk friends on Mount Howard. Thank you again to everyone that helped with my TW200
    black 8, MadRider777, No-Fret and 7 others like this.
  16. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Ladybug; nice to see the people you hang with and the places you get to ride.
    black 8, No-Fret, smilin jack and 2 others like this.
  17. Hedonist222

Hedonist222 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    nice!
    looks like fun
    Ladybug likes this.
  18. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't really have much to contribute, between the bad knee and the shortage of ADV bikes in my garage.... but the tent was nice. tempImageo3NafP.jpg
  19. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    @1911fan, you saved my day by loaning me your trailer stinger and ball after I left mine on @tymetrvlr's truck. :baldy
    tymetrvlr, 1911fan and smilin jack like this.
  20. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    With a lot to do for this event, I always show up early to get a bit of riding before everyone arrives. Red, @PNW Buttercup and I arrived Monday June 21, 2021 and got set up.

Tuesday June 22, 2021 it was discovered the battery in the F650GS I loaned to Red was dead so it needed replacing. The three of us went to breakfast at the Cheyanne Cafe in Joseph, OR while we waited for the battery to be fully charged.

With the 650s battery replaced Red and I headed for the Hells Canyon Overlook just off FS39. As we were riding my TW200 was spitting a little but I figured it was old gas or something simple. We stopped on a pull-off along the road to the overlook.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Red is a long-time street rider and he decided this year he would like to explore the wide world of Adventure riding. I decided this event was a terrific introduction and using my 650 would give him a start so he could figure out what he wanted for an adventure bike. He's learning about the important part of adventure riding, take a lot of photos. :D
    [​IMG]

With pics taken it was time to ride to the overlook but when I pressed the starter button it was a no-go. What the . . . Another dead battery. :(

Red hadn't been to the overlook before so I told him to go on to the overlook and check it out. Meanwhile, I called @PNW Buttercup back at camp and asked her to go to the motorcycle shop, get me a battery, and get the charge top off started.

When Red returned we were talking about what I was going to do about the TW. There was a nice man there checking out the view and heard and said he had a power jump and he would jump the battery for me. Wahhhhooooo! :clap With the bike running it was agreed I would try to get it back to camp but if I couldn't get back to camp I would ride it as far as I could so the recovery wouldn't be as far.

I got quite a ways but I was watching the numbers going down on the voltmeter. I decided that once it got to 6.5 I would start looking for a pull-off spot. There isn't a lot of places to pull over but I knew if I could make it to NF39 & the Imnaha Hwy there was a good spot there. I made it and the voltmeter was now showing 5 volts. Red being the gentleman that he is wouldn't see of leaving me with the TW along the road so I took the F650 back to camp, picked up my van and trailer. It took just over an hour to get back to Red on the TW and PNW Buttercup came with me. We stopped for dinner on the way back. :dukegirl

Back at camp, there were people to visit with.
    [​IMG]

That was it for my riding but I still have a lot of pics. of bikes and fun in camp. More to come . . .