"Adventure on Wheels" sucks...don't buy from them

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by MrSnee2, Feb 12, 2009.

1. MrSnee2

MrSnee2 Flying squirrel

Oddometer:
    PNW: Land of mountains, ocean, trees & husky women
    If you're ever thinking about using them, think again. They might even be a complete scam operation?? Their website says they're out of Singapore...

In March 2008, I bought a DS helmet from them using Paypal. Got contacted by them & said shipping would take about 6 weeks to the US. That time came & went, so I contacted them to see what was going on. They told me the helmet was damaged in shipping & sent back. Then they said that was the last one & the new shipment of helmets were backordered until June...so, I patiently waited until June...still no helmet :baldy

So, at the end of June, I asked for a refund of the money through Paypal...he agreed to refund the money "in a couple of days." A couple of weeks went by, & every time I contacted him (several times), he blew me off. Eventually (in September '08), I opened up a claim with Paypal to get the money back. Adventure on Wheels refused to refund the money!! :becca

So, here we are in February 2009 & I still have not received a helmet or a refund from them!!

This is about the only thing that describes Adventure on Wheels IMO...:topes
  2. duhgee

duhgee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That sucks. I'm trusting online shopping much less these days - it makes me feel old fashioned and outdated, but I despise the stress. Come to think of it though, the only stress free sales have been through ADV affiliated/recommended vendors.:thumb
  3. MrSnee2

MrSnee2 Flying squirrel

Oddometer:
    PNW: Land of mountains, ocean, trees & husky women
    I certainly understand. I have actually had very good luck with online purchases. I bought some bar risers from Nippy Norman's in the UK and had excellent service. This has by far been my worst experience buying online.

Although, after this experience, I now buy through trusted sources like Amazon who guarantee their vendors...IMO, it's a good way to go & I've had excellent results through them.