Adventure Palooza '21 (MO)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by j-dub3, Jun 25, 2021.

1. j-dub3

j-dub3 WORK HARD, PLAY HARD, SEEK WISDOM & ADVENTURE

Oddometer:
    Adventure Palooza '21
    WHEN: Sept 23-26th 2021

Year 5 and still having fun designing this state-wide adventure ride. Still supporting Wounded Warriors, scholarships for college freshman (gave out about $2000 last year). Join us by riding across Missouri on 400+ miles of tracks crossing the state on fireroads, backroads, gravel, & trails (etc) that converges on a farm in Mexico, MO. We expect 150+ riders will ride the adventure which concludes with a live band, BBQ, Drinks, campfire, awards, slide show & camping.

Make a team and enjoy this ride with your friends while navigating the detailed GPS tracks and checkpoints... its really unique and one heck-of-an-adventure with your friends! This facebook album from last year will give you a good idea what its like:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/adventureridersllc/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1182580128596044

Here are some details (there is LOTS more information on our website www.adventurepalooza.com)
    • We have four meticulously planned back road adventure routes from the North, South, East, and West extremes of Missouri. Chose your closest track and jump in at any point of your choosing. The rides will average 400+ miles of gravel, hills, dirt roads, primitive roads creek crossings, low water crossings, historic points, and optional riding challenges (some off-road and fire roads).
    • Many starting points from the NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, or WEST. You choose the starting point and if you are doing 2 day adventure (ride Fri&Sat), or being a bit more relaxed and doing Thursday/Friday/Saturday (To do the FULL south routes you probably need to plan 3 days)
    • All roads converge on the "base camp" at Mexico MO (yes, tell your friends you're headed to Mexico....)
    • Arrive Saturday evening at Palooza Base Camp for live music, spacious camping, BBQ & drink. It's going to be a great evening of food, friends, and entertainment! Oh yeah, of course you get a T-shirt too!
    • One of everyone's favorite features is our Skills Course! You can enjoy crossing several creeks, winding around or over large tires, mounds, log hops and roll-overs. Just have some fun and see what you can do. We are working real hard to make the skills course fun and accommodating to a variety of rider levels. No competition, just enjoy !
    • UNIQUE FEATURE OF PALOOZA: using a FREE APP you will be able to take pictures along the way that will upload to our base camp. Each designated picture or checkpoint you achieve will not only allow us to have an outdoor digital slide show that evening, but also to award points for a fun competition! (yes, there will be prizes and accolades)
    • Cost: Just $95 for all the ride and tracks, event T-shirt, BBQ, band, skills course, AND supporting the scholar ship (daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnng! Thats a value)

ON SITE ACCOMMODATIONS:
    Tent camping / primitive ( a great mowed pasture with a view of the stars, or pitch alongside the pond). There will be porta-jons AND a full shower & bathroom on site.

NEARBY LODGING:

Most people will camp, but we have two local hotels in Mexico marked on the GPX track if you wish (contact us if you need more info).

THE CAUSE: 1) Create authentic and exciting adventure opportunities 2) showcase mid-west adventure riding 3) Portion of Proceeds goes directly to our Scholarship of no less than $1000. 4) Wounded Warriors donation

HOSTS & ORGANIZERS:
    Dale "DMAC431" & John "J-DUB3"

Registration and detailed information
    http://www.
    adventurepalooza.com
    yosso likes this.
  2. j-dub3

Oddometer:
    state-wide.jpg
    Earlwho, rizzo27 and yosso like this.
  3. Wmccree

Wmccree Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like fun. Will be signing up this month!
    Earlwho likes this.
  4. j-dub3

Oddometer:
    Thank you!
    There is a lot of information on the FAQ on the palooza information page, but feel free to reach out to me personally if you have any questions.

Here is a new video highlight from the skills course at the farm (available to everyone on Saturday night and Sunday morning of Palooza)
    Wmccree likes this.
  5. Earlwho

Earlwho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Already signed up, and looking forward to palooza number 4 for me.
  6. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IM Curious just what is the ADV Ranch? show on the Map
    crownhorse likes this.
  7. A_SAPPER

A_SAPPER Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in hooking up with a team from the south SP
  8. GlobalriderTrev

GlobalriderTrev GlobalADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to my 4th Palooza! Riding the SE track with my crew the C-19 Palooza Pirates. Arrrr!
    C19 Palooza Pirate.jpg
    stk0308 likes this.
  9. justdirtyfun

justdirtyfun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dust is flying! Hope it goes great for everyone.
  10. BrandonK37

BrandonK37 n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Such a great ride and event! Already looking forward to next year!
  11. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    First time surviv....er, participant. Had a pretty good time. I greatly appreciate all the time the organizers put in to this adventure.
    ZachM1 likes this.
  12. davepen

davepen Just put your damned city in your profile.

Oddometer:
    How do people handle the logistics of this?

Say someone hauls their bike down to Iowa, makes the trip to Missouri. Then what? Do people ride back? Something else?

I don't know how I'd handle this. I certainly wouldn't ask my wife to do the driving to get the truck where I needed it...
  13. DSquared

DSquared Dilly Dilly! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I haven't been able to make the schedule work but my plan would be ride to Iowa, make the trip then ride straight back to WI.
  14. squirrelstyle

squirrelstyle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I met up with @GlobalriderTrev and loaded my bike on his trailer. We then pulled the bikes from Iowa to Mexico where it ended. Then rode our bikes to lake wapapello where the southeast route began. After it was all over with Trevin pulled his bike home and I hung around the area for another night and stayed with a good friend of mine. Monday morning I rode my bike home to Iowa.

I suppose it depends on your bike/trailer/pickup situation. I don’t have a problem with a 300mi ride at highway speeds. Smaller bikes would be much less comfortable.
  15. GlobalriderTrev

Oddometer:
    Hey Dave,

Like Drew @squirrelstyle said, we trailered to the Wilber ranch (285 miles) and rode to the SE track starting point (250 miles). We started @ 8 am and finished @ 7:30 pm.

Some teams ride small bikes and have a support vehicle drop them and meet them at the Friday night camp site.

Last year a group of GS guys rode down from Dubuqe, rode the NE track, and on Sunday rode back to DBQ.

Just a couple examples of how fellow advriders make it happen.

Cheers,
    Trevin
    davepen likes this.
  16. GlobalriderTrev

Oddometer:
    Well, it looks like someone is going to develop it into some sort of camping area. There isn't anything there other than a few meadows/clearings. It was primitive camping. There were double tracks running through it and a couple very steep descents and climbs.
  17. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WOW i thought i would see alot more Ride Reports then this.... 250+ riders
    ZachM1 likes this.