1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Adventure Palooza Ride (MIDWEST & MISSOURI!!) - Sept 27 - 29, 2019

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by j-dub3, Jun 23, 2019.

1. j-dub3

j-dub3 WORK HARD, PLAY HARD, SEEK WISDOM & ADVENTURE

Oddometer:
    Adventure Palooza 2019
    WHEN: Sept 27 - 29th 2019

After 2 consecutive years of donating to Wounded Warriors, this year we are creating a student scholarship !! Join us by riding across Missouri on 400+ miles of tracks crossing the state on fireroads, backroads, gravel (etc) ending in Mexico, MO. 100 riders or so will converge on our family farm for a live band, BBQ, Drinks, campfire, awards, slide show & camping. Make a team and compete or just complete and enjoy this thrilling ride with your friends.

• We have four meticulously planned back road adventure routes from the North, South, East, and West extremes of Missouri. Chose your closest track and jump in at any point of your choosing. The rides will average 400+ miles of gravel, hills, dirt roads, primitive roads creek crossings, low water crossings, historic points, and optional riding challenges (some off-road and fire roads).
    • Many starting points, you chose 1 or 2 day adventure (ride Fri&Sat or Sat only), finish on SATURDAY EVENING
    • All roads converge on the "base camp" at Mexico MO (yes, tell your friends you're headed to Mexico....)
    • Arrive Saturday evening at Palooza Base Camp for live music, spacious camping, BBQ & drink. It's going to be a great evening of food, friends, and entertainment! Oh yeah, of course you get a T-shirt too!
    • One of everyones favorite features is our Skills Course! You can enjoy crossing several creeks, winding around or over large tires, mounds, log hops and roll-overs. Just have some fun and see what you can do. We are working real hard to make the skills course fun and accommodating to a variety of rider levels. No competition, just enjoy !
    • UNIQUE FEATURE OF PALOOZA: using a FREE APP you will be able to take pictures along the way that will upload to our base camp. Each designated picture or checkpoint you achieve will not only allow us to have an outdoor digital slide show that evening, but also to award points for a fun competition! (yes, there will be prizes and accolades)
    • Cost: Just $75 for all the ride and tracks, event T-shirt, BBQ, band, skills course, AND supporting the scholar ship (daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnng! Thats a value)

ON SITE ACCOMMODATIONS:
    Tent camping / primitive ( a great mowed pasture with a view of the stars, or pitch alongside the pond). There will be porta-jons AND a full shower & bathroom on site.

NEARBY LODGING:

Most people will camp, but we have two local hotels in Mexico marked on the GPX track if you wish (contact us if you need more info).

Portion of Proceeds 2019 will create a student Scholarship of no less than $500. All registered riders will get to READ and VOTE on the applications ! Have fun and help support a student achieve their dreams too!

HOSTS & ORGANIZERS:
    Dale "DMAC431" & John "J-DUB3"

Registration and detailed information
    http://www.
    adventurepalooza.com
    ed gaines likes this.
  2. johngault

johngault Leaning into it Supporter

Oddometer:
    this sounds great. any problem with pulling a trailer into the pasture to camp?
  3. TwoChains

TwoChains Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had an absolute blast last year and made friends I am still riding with. When I got home, I marked off my calendar for this year. This event has set the standard for fun. Check out their past photos and videos from previous years. If you are a new rider or even a solo rider - have them put you together with a group.
  4. j-dub3

Oddometer:
    @johngault
    No problem at all. We had several people do that last year. When you register just mention that in the notes :)
  5. j-dub3

Oddometer:
    @TwoChains
    WOW ! We are absolutely honored, we put lots of work and creativity into this and wanted to make something new and unique. Part of our goal is to help people network, fellowship, and have great fun. I am so glad to hear we have accomplished some of those goals! We will keep putting our best into this!

Great suggestion about looking at previous photos and videos. They can be a bit hard to root out on facebook, but for anyone interested here is a direct link to last year's master phot album. http://bit.ly/AP2018PHOTOS
  6. bryce1552

bryce1552 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is this still going on noticed the website wasn't updated.
  7. TwoChains

TwoChains Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For sure - I think they just got over 100 registered riders and have sent out test gps routes and goose chase app challenges to make sure everything imports correctly. http://adventureridersllc.com/ to sign up. Most of there updates are via their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/282169702715018/?ti=icl . There are 4 different starting points that all end up in Mexico MO on Sat night. If you are a solo rider they will pair you up if you want.
  8. justdirtyfun

justdirtyfun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your setting a sweet event up. I won't make it but will keep sharing it on FB. One day I will jump in on the fun.
  9. dhollenberg

dhollenberg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I registered today. I’m planning on taking a couple of vacation days, and heading to southwest Missouri, and starting the ride from there.
  10. GlobalriderTrev

GlobalriderTrev GlobalADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks again for a super fun event! 2019 was my 2nd year. It was fun to be part of the 2nd place team from the North West: Wondering Gypsies! It was nice to have the option of camping up on the meadow. Although it was a bit of a hike to the porta potties; I guess about the same distance as for the lower camping area.