Adventure Rider Fundamentalism: Utah minimalist style

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Joe Motocross, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Right? I thought he slept on a bed of nails. But then I realized that would be hard to voile strap to the 950. So, I figured he must assemble a bed of thorns each night, hand picked by supplicants. Now I learn he sleeps on an air mattress? The false prophet theory is looking more and more likely.
    BelgardaBuddy, td63 and Joe Motocross like this.
  2. Joe Motocross

Joe Motocross Adjustafork.com - CEO

Oddometer:
    There was no sign of a straw house so it would stand to reason.
  3. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    I ride for another 40 minutes or so getting deeper into no-mans land. This looks like a good region to find a camp.
    Day12f - 1.jpg

Yup, that’ll do.
    Day12f - 2.jpg

Really wishing I’d brought a chair. Oh well, I’ll just have to make do with these rocks and my front tire.
    Day12f - 3.jpg

Yeah. I was solo. I was doing whatever the f*ck I wanted to. The weather was perfect. The terrain was off the charts. I was camped in a vast landscape, no one around for miles. The sky lights up like a sign that things are right. Super heavy.
    Day12f - 4.jpg

What can I say? This is the desert.
    Day12f - 5.jpg

Sorry. This is monotonous. Get a nice fire going. Get a cup of grub on the coals. Good alcohol buzz on at this point. I was about as blurry as this photo makes me look.
    Day12f - 6.jpg

Easy dinner tonight. Tamales and some sort of Mexi inspired soup.
    Day12f - 7.jpg

I freaking love tamales and out here in the Southwest we get the real deal. True to form: another slug of Crow, dinner, lights out.
    Day12f - 8.jpg
  4. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    I'm still buying Tabasco - including today. I'm I getting the wrong one?
  5. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    I don't know. Is it hot enough? That habanero that I'm running has a good kick.
  6. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nothing wrong about Tabasco but it's different than hot sauces originating from Mexico. Tabasco was originated by a Scotch/Irish fellow from Maryland or an Irishman depending on which story you believe. Both making similar sauces while living in New Orleans around 1870ish. Tabasco goes best with New Orleans style Creole, Cajun, or African food but adds a nice heat to anything.

Flavor wise, the biggest difference between Tabasco and Mexican hot sauces is that Tabasco has a lot of vinegar. It's also made only from Tabasco peppers while Mexican sauces are usually made from cayenne, habanero, or jalapeno peppers. That gives it a specific flavor.

It's just like choosing a motorcycle. Find one you like for the kind of riding you want to do but almost any motorcycle will work most places but some will work better in specific situations. Any motorcycle is better than no motorcycle.
    bike, goodcat8, Pete S and 8 others like this.
  7. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Good random hot sauce factoids. I'm smarter now. I think the rule is if you like Tabasco hot sauce, then yes, it's the right one!!
  8. Aptos

Aptos n00b

Oddometer:
    I’m a big Cholula fan. Not too hot but tons of flavor.
  9. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    @Buuurrrt often runs concentrated hot sauce. It comes in a little eye dropper looking bottle kinda like the one below. I can't remember the brand he runs. Minimalist method of bringing along a lot of heat!!
    6133_1963_large.jpg
    Sparrowhawk likes this.
  10. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    images.jpeg
    Another option is to just steal hot sauce packets from fast food restaurants or gas stations.

Not for liquids but you can carry some heat by putting red chilli flakes or habanero powder in some small pill packets. Any drug store will sell them. Works for garlic or onion powder, Lone Star steak rub, salt, pepper, or whatever.
    IMG_3915-1024x1024.png
  11. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    This ADV- FU cult may have spread beyond Utah. I may have seen indications of ADV- FWA up here in the Pacific Northwet.
    Joe Motocross likes this.
  12. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ha!! You dont say...! I need to stop reading this crap. Spent half my night figuring out a fat front tire! Got it figured out too. Now just need to call wheel place for rim and lacing!
    zipweee and Joe Motocross like this.
  13. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    You a-holes are catching on. No one took the chair bait in my last post. That's a good direction. Many of you are seeing advantages of ADV-F. It's mostly just common sense. Do what's easy and what works. Don't overthink it.

I can't wait to see what you come up with @Oldschoolrocker.
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  14. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Standard ADV-F protocol
  15. PNWet

PNWet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hot sauce - my preference is Sriracha. I buy packets on Amazon. They also have Cholula, Texas Pete's, Tapatio, Valentina, Mike's, Frank's, and others.
  16. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the ROOST LORD is to be praised!
    Day13a - 1.jpg

I was doing my usual morning praising.
    Day13a - 2.jpg

Yep, it was going to be another good day!!
    Day13a - 3.jpg
    benedikt.m, mnTwin, rudy4pl and 21 others like this.
  17. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    i do dig the coveralls ala Austin Vince,,,, nice touch!
  18. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    ADV-F sized hot sauces, of course how much ya need all depends on how long you'll be out on the trail roosting

upload_2019-12-9_16-49-27.jpeg
    RedDogAlberta likes this.
  19. Geraldo Rivera

Geraldo Rivera Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As I continued to research the whole Adventure Rider Fundamentalists, I definitely was noticing that Profit Motocross was high on something. He and the Presiding High Council were talking about switching to “micro-dosing” instead of carrying whiskey but they had yet to implement that. So, beside a little croffee, it appeared that Motocross hadn’t ingested any illicit substances. The only logical conclusion was that he really was on an ADV-Fundamentalist high.
    P1030648.jpg

Being in this state seems to heighten senses. Route finding becomes second nature.
    P1030649.jpg

Things seem to compound on one and other. The second-nature route finding leads him into more and more intense terrain which in turn increases the “ADV-Fundamentalist high”, thus he is more apt to find even more intense terrain.
    P1030650.jpg

With nothing better to do than ride, Motocross continued trying to grab shots to intrigue more followers.
    GPTempDownload 49.jpg

It really seems like it’s no accident that he ends up in lands like this. It really does appear he’s driven by a higher power. It seems to be unconscious behavior. Like second nature, he just goes in a direction and has the experience.
    P1030653.jpg

I don’t think he even realizes that when he’s traveling his eyes are constantly searching along the route for that little old mound of dirt from an ancient graded road leading off to who knows where. He’s continuously and subconsciously scanning the cliffs for an old dugway to investigate.
    P1030654.jpg
  20. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^^

This pic...damn. Now that's a backdrop.

Great capture whomever clicked the shutter, top-notch stuff that :nod :nod