1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Adventure Rider Fundamentalism: Utah minimalist style

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Joe Motocross, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Joe Motocross

Joe Motocross Adjustafork.com - CEO

Oddometer:
    It becomes a quest to see what you don't need and still have an enjoyable journey.
    Yinzer Moto and Ginger Beard like this.
  2. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    No such thing as too many Voile Straps.
  3. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    The route we were on spit into a large wash. The stunning terrain and late afternoon light was starting to have a “drug-like” effect on us. We were starting to get into a heavy duty state of mind.
    Day15e - 1.jpg

The high end riding intensity continued.
    Day15e - 2.jpg

Yep, we were definitely getting that out-of-body experience. This is the goal of ADV-F.
    Day15e - 3.jpg

This wash was delivering!!!
    Day15e - 4.jpg

It was time to start looking for a home for the night. There were some rivers nearby that would provide some wood. We hopped onto a totally magical two-track to end the day. The smooth cruising was the perfect way to end the day and it really took us to the next level of mental stimulation. Full on flowing dirt bike nirvana.
    Day15e - 5.jpg

This would do.
    Day15e - 6.jpg

Our daily routine continued.
    For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing, detestable idolatry and roosting everyday.

Day15e - 7.jpg
  4. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum

Oddometer:
    Dude, with each consecutive post I get more and more excited by the fact that I'll be in Utah this coming September. :ricky:super
    dano619 and Yinzer Moto like this.
  5. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed the last couple updates @Joe Motocross! Damn man, 31 pages of fantastic reading and it's not done yet.

Looking forward to seeing what goes on the adjusta for dinner. Weather completely sucks up here, but I really need to get out for a camping fix - might have to figure out how to do that off the little WR in the next couple weeks regardless of what mother nature's throwing my way.

Keep it up man :D
    Joe Motocross likes this.
  6. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Epic. Just epic.
    Day15f - 1.jpg

Mo started doing a slow cook with his cup of grub.
    Day15f - 2.jpg

After enough nonsense spewed from our mouths, it was time to get the Adjustaforks out. I went with burgers. Like I’ve said before, this is risky when you’re consuming alcohol. Drunk guy balancing burgers = high risk of failure.
    Day15f - 3.jpg

The Jack Muslim went with steak. Almost any drunken idiot can handle this. The steak is secured solidly onto the Adjustafork making failure very rare.
    Day15f - 4.jpg

We continued hitting the bottles as we tended the coals and the meals.
    If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good things of the land on the Adjustafork;
    Day15f - 5.jpg

Yup, I f*%ked up. Flipped the dam burgers right into the fire. The ROOST LORD was looking out for me though. The burgers went right upside down landing on the cheese I had just added. That and the fact that the fire was on stone made it easy just to grab them without them being peppered with sand and ash. I put them back on the Adjustafork and added some more cheese. WHEW!!! That was a close one.
    Day15f - 6.jpg

Oh yeah! One for dinner, one for lunch.
    Day15f - 7.jpg

The Jack Muslim’s steak was perfection.
    Day15f - 8.jpg

This day was another “text book” chapter in ADV-Fundamentalism.
    Day15f - 9.jpg

Deluxe Pork and Beans was what I went with in my cup. It’s an easy one. Can of beans, onion, jalapeno, and a little rice. Accompanied by the burger and a bunch of Crow and Tequila. Solid.
    Day15f - 10.jpg

So I had a micro rechargeable speaker along (kinda decadent for ADV-Fs) that we were enjoying some music from. I enjoy all sorts of music from country to hair metal to classical. I had a female artist by the name of Nelly Furtado on as we slid into our sleeping bags. The Jack Muslim starts in on me for listening to “girls music”. “What, did your chick make you listen to this?” After another crack or two I decided to do something about it. I switched to Wolfmother and cranked it. Now, those who know Wolfmother are aware that they have some very soothing intros to some of their songs before they totally bust into heavy guitars. Well, I passed out during the first intro. Then the metal kicked in. The Jack Muslim says “Hey Joe Motocross, can you turn it down a bit?”. “Yo JOE! Can you turn it down?” “JOE!! JOE!! WTF?!?!” It’s at this point that Mo realizes that I’m into a Crow induced coma and no amount of yelling is going to awaken me. All he can do is get back out of his bag, get up, stumble around and find the speaker and turn it off. How’d making fun of Nelly turn out for ya Mo? Bwaaahhahahahahaha!!!!!

7. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  8. bbanker

bbanker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Love some Wolfmother. Shoulda played “Woman”
  9. dano619

dano619 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I see a burger accessory attachment for the adjustafork in the future......Nope, to fun to see if you can challenge yourself while drinking crow!!

Food sure looks good, Lovin this report! Thanks!!
  10. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:
    I've always found Celtic Frost and Immortal to be good compromise bands for social gatherings.

A Crow induced coma? You mean a Crowma?
    Andreja, td63, rides2little and 5 others like this.
  11. chilejack

chilejack Viajero Viejo

Oddometer:
    2 forks and zip ties
    dano619 and cprbusa like this.
  12. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    "Crowma" has been added to the ADV-F vocabulary. Thanks for that.
  13. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'm not sure there's anyway to reduce burger failure rate aside from less booze. Ultimately, you accept the challenge when you're at the store and choose burgers. Perhaps just some bailing wire around two forks would work but completing that task alone sounds like there's room for error as well.

One strategy is to choose burgers the day after a "party night". A "party night" is declared after an excessive amount of booze and nonsense takes place at camp. It is likely that less booze will be consumed the following night, hence a better chance of keeping the burgers balanced.

We also play a little game called "who's the drunkest?" If you are declared the "winner" of a round, the next night might be a good choice for burgers.
    benedikt.m, Snapper33, Foiler and 6 others like this.
  14. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:
    I like to call them a portman-Joe.

Okay, I'll stop now.:lol3
    oughtsix and Joe Motocross like this.
  15. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Day 16: Seriously? More of this?

Yep, here we go again. Croffee, blah, blah, blah…..
    Day16a - 1.jpg

We found remnants of a sacred cow and arranged them for future worship.
    Day16a - 2.jpg

Nice morning. We boot up.
    Day16a - 3.jpg

And we're off!! We start drifting, unsure of exactly where our route will go.
    Day16a - 4.jpg
  16. -Z-

-Z- Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fantastic pics and great scenery, thanks for sharing that's gold
  17. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    We were following a two-track that would bring us past a potential river crossing and then up a huge super fun wash that we know well.
    Day16b - 1.jpg

We got to the river. Yup. Beaver Damage. The whole zone was flooded. It was a giant marsh. We would be reporting this to C.A.N.E (citizens against natural erosion) Whether you like beavers or not, they need to be held accountable just like anyone else pulling stunts like this.
    Day16b - 2.jpg

I went to turn around and the large clumps of grass tipped me over. I scrambled to get the bike up as quick as possible. This can be dangerous because your hot pipe can ignite the incredibly dry grass. I got the bike up before I smelled any smoke. Whew.
    Day16b - 3.jpg

We checked another spot up the river. It was about max depth for crossing with a bike. It had a soft bottom which is not ideal. The Jack Muslim needed to be back at his truck at the end of the day so we opted not to screw around here. We most likely would’ve made it but it could’ve been exciting.
    Day16b - 4.jpg

Onward.
    Day16b - 5.jpg

Here’s the deal. It’s critical that ADV-Fundamentalists are able to hop nimbly off stuff like this. As @Geraldo Rivera pointed out, there was a short period of time that we were weighing our bikes down with excessive shit. To the point where we wouldn’t do this type of riding. We would still see amazing terrain and find awesome campsites but the level of riding intensity was much lower. That might cut it for some folks but not true ADV-Fundamentalists.
    Day16b - 7.jpg

Just butter.
    Day16b - 6.jpg

Lunch time! It was overdue to get that beast out of my pack. Melons are not ideal for packing but I can’t help myself. I’m addicted. This variety is called an “Israili”.
    Day16b - 8.jpg

We had some distance to cover to get The Jack Muslim back to his truck this afternoon. We utilized some fast graded routes to make a little time.
    Day16b - 9.jpg
  18. Bhart89

Bhart89 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ever wire tie a burger to your adjastafork?
    oneodd1 likes this.
  19. Buckee

Buckee Scott

Oddometer:
    Think that sacred cow might be the first animule shot we’ve seen - you must see some live critters out there now and then? Certainly snakes and little stinging creepy crawlers. Anything bigger? Not much to feed on out there I guess...
  20. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great couple of updates @Joe Motocross, really like the action shots of dropping into the wash or flying over stuff. Have gotten the little WR air born a couple times, but nothing like that...damn chair of mine weighting me down :lol3 :lol3

You guys have such killer camp spots man, especially since you can forage for wood and have a fire. We can do that to an extent up here in the PNW, but you have to be super cautious when summer rolls around due to fire danger.

Really like that last shot of the Jack heading toward the cool rock structure leaving a dust trail :thumb