Adventure Rider Fundamentalism: Utah minimalist style

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Joe Motocross, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Joe Motocross

Joe Motocross Adjustafork.com - CEO

Oddometer:
    People need to be more perceptive like @borderxx to see what’s really going on. If you open your eyes and pay attention, things become quite clear.

It’s been a hell of a good ride this fall. I just hit camp and my girl Hotstuff is going to be here to finish out the last three days with me. Weather has been spectacular. Trail conditions are a bit dusty at this point but we are still able to get into the highest terrain with no mud which is pretty good for this time of the season.
    09D66678-5E51-44D2-9F39-DA9CC3FBE1BF.jpeg

I had a great midday lunch over the fire today down by a creek. Super yummy!
    2FFAF476-E601-4B30-AD61-A34587CC3C39.jpeg

I don’t have time to address comments by @Geraldo Rivera but we will straighten things up when I am back at my place.
    wilfred, scudo, benedikt.m and 9 others like this.
  2. OG1

OG1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Made a funny discovery today whilst stowing my shiny new Adjustafork. It seems joemotocross may have been planning this compatibility all along. The fork seems tailor made to fit in my seating device bag... I realize I am probably forever excluded from ADV-F crew for even getting these items in proximity to one another but couldn’t resist the photo op.
    DB84E32B-4518-490F-9242-A851B28F3E5A.jpeg
    D3357A10-E1A9-4D87-B97A-9BE9DE0BAE00.jpeg
  3. Joe Motocross

Joe Motocross Adjustafork.com - CEO

Oddometer:
    I did not design those that way on purpose however I fully approve. This is further proof that if you are truly open to adventure rider fundamentalism, good things happen for a reason.
  4. everready

everready Stuck in Ohio....Ugh!!!

Oddometer:
    I wonder if one of those would fit in my chair bag.
  5. borderxx

borderxx ifalldown

Oddometer:
    Likely, provided you ditch the chair. However... does an Adjustafork really NEED a bag?

"Leave the chair, take the Adjustafork."
    Joe Motocross likes this.
  6. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would like to propose a capitalistic opportunity in that if MotoJoe would simply offer up a canvas sleeve for the aforementioned Fork. . . I would buy it. As would others. While this may sit crossways with the core values he espouses, perhaps a little compromise could increase the flow of pennies into his Tire and Oil Fund.
    You see there are plenty of Fakers on 1200GS's (like me) that find it currently fashionable to hang with the ADV-F crowd and even pretend to be one of them. When it's convenient. Which usually means while riding, but not while camping. I propose that a little canvas sleeve for said Fork to travel in would keep the Fakers other goods (sleeping bag, chair, clean underwear, hardbound signed copy of War and Peace, etc) from getting all greasy inside ones shiny Touratech Zeigas. Charge whatever you wish for it . . . . call it a Sin Tax if you will. But I tell you this, I would proudly whip out my new shiny Adjustafork at the next Starbucks if it had a sweet badass canvas cover for it. Instead, it just languishes in the bottom of my right Pannier each evening while I'm gorging on wings and IPA's at the pub.
    Mofrid, Joe Motocross, Foiler and 5 others like this.
  7. OG1

OG1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    funny I had the same thought. I originally put mine in the bottom one of my tusk pannier liner bags but then saw the need for an individual sleeve or bag for it. Even if I was on my 500 with my minimalist setup (Mosko Reckless 10 or 40) I would want something to keep it separate and protect my dry bags from abrasion/puncture. I’ll figure something out that doesn’t disrespect the ultra minimalist heritage of the adjustafork... :) maybe we could convince joemotocross to go for a sleeve pouch that held a pint of Crow in an outer pocket.
    Zubb likes this.
  8. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Sloppy 300 rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    He just needs to come up with a front fender mount for it. So it would be mounted like a spear off the front of the bike. Id could be like a game, try and catch a bird or rabbit on it for dinner.
  9. bbanker

bbanker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Uumm viola strap it? I wrap mine in a piece of tyvek that I use as a ground sheet under my hammock (I’m on the east coast.)
    bike and Some Beach like this.
  10. chilejack

chilejack Viajero Viejo

Oddometer:
    This is how things get out of hand, next you will be wanting an adjustaspoon, adjustaknife, adjustaplate, where will it ever end?
  11. SnipTheDog

SnipTheDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Not sure I'm down with the idea of a branded Adjustafork cozy, but I'm just a spectator here. Perhaps some kind of holder could be fashioned from an old tube?
  13. Zubb

Oddometer:
    T-shirts. Need T-shirts Joe. Please quit goofing off and get to work on your marketing plan for 2020.
    Franque likes this.
  14. everready

Oddometer:
    How about just using a large ziplock bag??? K.I.S.S.
  15. cprbusa

cprbusa Adventurer

Oddometer:

As a T-shirt???

:)
    td63, Zubb and Yinzer Moto like this.
  16. everready

Oddometer:
    No, to carry the adjustafork in.
  17. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Sloppy 300 rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good idea but I prefer garbage bags. They serve many uses. Rain gear, wind protection, adjstafork storage, dirty laundry storage, etc.

Not my GS, my bike is hidden behind me...

53FA78F6-9488-4286-A274-35853D164D4E.jpeg
  18. derblauereiter

derblauereiter Mostly made of cheese Supporter

Oddometer:
    Why does a hammock need a ground sheet!?!
    PilbaraGoat, Blurred and ExplorerFrog like this.
  19. Zubb

Oddometer:
    You must not be an AdjustaFork club member yet. If you were, you'd know the pointy end of these things are sabortoothtiger sharp. A ziplock has no chance of surviving a couple hours of Starbucks hopping.

- - - but, we've discovered yet another @Joe Motocross proprietary ADV-F signature item. Announcing....... the soon to be released ......... ADV-F logo trash bag.

Joe are you keeping up??? Stomp it down a couple gears and wheelie over here. I'm trying to make you rich. Outsource the fork, carry bag, ADV-F stickers, and trash bags to China; outsource the order processing and shipping to India, and BAM! You're down to a half hour work week, living off grid, becoming grotesquely alcoholic, and with a bank account swelling like a shattered fibula.

Of course you'll be so rich you'd eventually buy a $30,000 fully farkled 1250 GSAdv, complete with cup holder and radar detector. And next thing you know, no more wheelie pics. No more adjustaforks. Just pics of his new Adjusta-Camp. You know, the one the fits completely inside 3 Touratech Zeiga aluminum cases and fold out to something like this....

[​IMG]

Not a chair in sight.

Maybe I'll just make my own bag.
  20. borderxx

borderxx ifalldown

Oddometer:
    I'll admit to having the thought of slipping some spare fuel line or surgical tubing over the pointy ends. But if I'm going to add anything, it has to be something beneficial to the mission - I've only needed fuel line once, surgical tubing never.

The idea of a helmet visor mount is appealing. That would probably take TWO Voile straps though, which seems a little excessive.
    Zubb likes this.