Adventure Riders Indonesia - Ubud Dirt Biking

Discussion in 'Asia' started by kab343, Jul 1, 2019.

1. kab343

kab343 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone got experience using the Adventure Riders Indonesia company to go dirt biking in Ubud? See a link to their website here. I'm thinking of booking a one day tour from Ubud, Indonesia with them in a few months, but have found it a bit tricky to find reviews on them.
  2. BMWX

BMWX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Haven’t heard of them but I highly recommend the riding over there. I rented a Kawasaki something 150 in Kuta and rode to and around Ubud for a couple of weeks. Wasn’t thrilled about having such a small bike at first (I’m used to riding 1100s, a GS 1200 up to a 1900cc Bourget at home) but it did the job in the end. Seems smaller bikes are the way much of the world rolls. Make sure you ride to the volcano, just prepare for it to be much much colder when you’re up there!
    Wonderful people and place, incredible scenery and culture
    Good luck, and enjoy!
  3. BMWX

BMWX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A60A50A2-5E74-43AC-954E-947D72B6E348.jpeg 19266FEF-516D-4BBB-B3F3-75A602E0BA7F.jpeg
  4. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    get some clothing on that girl, leg scars are ugly.
  5. BMWX

BMWX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ha Ha

In actuality she complained because she was always hitting her knees on other bikes in the traffic.
    It's totally crazy over there.
    Once pointed out that I "missed a spot on her knee"
    I learned quickly to keep my legs close to the bike.

Oh, and watch the porcelain covered sidewalks (who designs this stuff?), which get ridiculously slippery when it rains.
    Sidewalks become bike lanes during rush hour, police are there directing traffic and allow for this.

This was before I became an official ADV addict.
    Acquiring all the associated, unexpectedly expensive equipment now.

That is a street legal bike, by the way (there's a license plate in there somewhere), though not overly comfortable on all day rides.
  6. BMWX

BMWX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    5R0A8578.JPG
    Make sure to always leave your bike where security can keep an eye on it. A few bananas will keep them loyal
  7. BMWX

BMWX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    5R0A9139.JPG