Adventure Spec Mini Fairing Thoughts

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by WV4Life, Apr 29, 2020.

1. WV4Life

WV4Life WV4Life

Oddometer:
    All,
    I can’t seem to find any threads regarding the AS mini fairing. I saw two sell in the past few months. I just came across these and am curious. Anyone have one?

thanks 63CCD067-A44A-4D80-8D4D-BA768DD1AF53.png
  2. blender

blender Just another rider

Oddometer:
    You might try asking this in the Equipment forum, or the forum for whichever bike you want to mount this on; e.g. Thumpers.
    onesaintsfan likes this.
  3. WV4Life

WV4Life WV4Life

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I wasnt sure the best location. I came here because it appears to be a GPS mounting option.
  4. onesaintsfan

onesaintsfan BigJohnHart

Oddometer:
    McComb MS, where men are men and sheep are nervous
    Just ordered one for my WR250R, will let you know how it goes
  5. redCattledog

redCattledog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Guy's,

I ordered one back on June 13. Just got the package in 07/03. I think there is a bit of a communication issue. I thought the $36 was for the whole thing... The website pitched it that way IMHO. Well for $36 plus $9.99 shipping you get just the plastic deflector.... Either shipping it back or buying the rest and eating more in shipping.
  6. AdvNener

AdvNener Long timer

Oddometer:
    FWIW I have the specific CRF450L version. Slightly different as it mounts on the triple clamps on that bike. For me, does a good job at blocking the wind on the chest/shoulder, leaves the head in smooth airflow.
    I think the bike in the picture has the brake line routed "rally style", most bikes will have the "going over the dashboard" brake line. This can interfere quite a bit with your gps/roadbook mounting, depending on how you do it (cradle like the picture or using a ram arm, or..). Nothing you can't do about it but it's good to know. I tilted the fairing all the way forward and did not use the "spacer" bracket designed to hold a gps cradle (directly bolted a ram ball) to gain clearance.
  7. ptgarcia

ptgarcia Huh?

Oddometer:
    Did you get your mini fairing yet?
  8. onesaintsfan

onesaintsfan BigJohnHart

Oddometer:
    McComb MS, where men are men and sheep are nervous
    Nope. Back ordered
  9. ptgarcia

ptgarcia Huh?

Oddometer:
    I went ahead and ordered one. Adventure Spec says they're supposed to receive a shipment this week so hopefully we get them soon.
  10. WV4Life

WV4Life WV4Life

Oddometer:
    Cool I’d be interested in your review once you install it. My issue is I’m afraid my front brake line is going to snag my RAM ball mount on a big bump and get damaged.