1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Adventure Spec Trail Riding Gear: very interesting development

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by dragos, Jan 6, 2017.

1. ScooterNoMore

ScooterNoMore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1. Love mine too. I bought a medium, it fits perfectly over my medium Linesman. Love the kit, love the company.
    davidlomax and F650Dakar_Norway like this.
  2. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any chance anybody can give some dimensions on a L waterproof jacket? sleeves, tail, front? I've seen the spec on their site. It's the front/tail I'm after mostly.

Thanks
  3. F650Dakar_Norway

F650Dakar_Norway What off-season?

Oddometer:
    Got the Mongolia waterproof jacket size XL and the Baltic Insulated jacket size L today. Both fit perfect and I'm impressed over quality and design. The combined emergency whistle/tyre valve core tool attached inside the RH pocket are simply geniously practical and shows experience from long haul ride designers :1drink:clap

Baltic_Insulated_whistle.jpg Mongolia_waterproof_whistle.jpg
  4. levain

Oddometer:
    Can you take dimensions of front tail from top of collar on your xl? Can anybody do the same on a L?
  5. F650Dakar_Norway

F650Dakar_Norway What off-season?

Oddometer:
    Size XL front and tail from collar to lower. Metric centimeters.

DSC_0592.JPG DSC_0593.JPG DSC_0594.JPG DSC_0595.JPG
  6. levain

Oddometer:
  7. E2KY

E2KY n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    i`m not sure wether to buy the mongolia or the atacama race jacket to layer over my Forcefield EXK-ADV. I do not own a neck brace, but as far as i know you need the atacama to attach a neck brace too (if i decide to buy one later). Its not possible to use one with the mongolia, correct? Are there more differences between these two jackets? I could not find a picture of the Atacama without a neck brace. Is it possible to fully close the jacket and ride without the brace?
    Thanks!!
  8. Revontulet

Revontulet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After buying a Mongolia last year, I treated myself to a neck brace (Ortema) earlier this season. Works perfectly fine.
  9. davidlomax

davidlomax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Both jackets are identical except for the collar. You can wear the Atacama Jacket without a neck brace, you just have a very large neck hole!

Hope this helps.
  10. levain

Oddometer:
    @davidlomax
    Keeping in mind the above dimension on the size XL, if my jacket measures 26" (66cm) from bottom to top in front and 32" (81cm) in back, would I be a L or XL in the waterproof jacket?
  11. AliveDK

AliveDK Long timer

Oddometer:
    I use the Mongolia with a Leatt neck brach no problem.
  12. thelastfoiter

thelastfoiter I like the gear as much as the motorcycles...

Oddometer:
    What are the air permability, water proof column rating, and breathability numbers of the membrane solution you are using?
  13. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After a month in my Mongolia Trail Jacket I have to say this is my favorite jacket I've owned over the years. It makes summer bearable.

Now I'm looking forward to the fall...and thinking a linesman and shell are in order.

What sort of temperature range could I expect with the linesman?

Edit:. Derp. It's right there on the website. Doesn't look like the linesman will work for me this year.
  14. Yooper_Bob

Yooper_Bob Insert witty saying here....

Oddometer:
    Just received a pair of Mongolia pants today.

Nice quality, but way too small. Not only was the waist too small, but the legs were so tight, I could barely bend at the knees.

I have the exact same size (40 tall) in a set of Klim Dakars, and they fit perfectly.

I can't believe these are designed to fit over a knee brace...

Guess I have to either cough up a bunch of dough for another set of Klim, or possibly give Aerostitch a try.
  15. tkdcol

tkdcol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone tried the AS Mongolia/Atacama Jacket and the KLIM Induction? They seem pretty similar accept for the KLIM works out slightly cheaper as the D3O armour is included, whereas it appears that the AS jackets do not include armour
  16. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you get a good answer on this from AS? I just got my jacket in from AS’s USA website and like you experienced once I added armor the elbow area is uncomfortable in the riding position.

Awesome jacket otherwise, the little details are really there, and I adore the amount of flex material they’ve stitched in to the shoulders and upper arms.
  17. STLR

STLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same here, and it pains me to say that I have had to give up on these jackets. I recently gave away an Atacama and Linesman to good buddies as I couldn't comfortably fit elbow armor (even the Forcefield Isolator pads). This gear is great in every other way.
    I've since gone the way of @dragos, and am now using the new Klim Dakar jacket.
  18. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’m trying to figure out if I got the new “roomier” arms or not (if I did, they’re not roomy at all).
  19. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Are you adding armor to the Dakar armor pockets or using a separate armor underneath? I am not sure if I have the Dakar confused with another Klim jacket that doesn't include armor but, I thought I remember reading about them making the shoulder armor pockets unusably small.
  20. STLR

STLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Separate. I’ve not attempted to use the internal pockets on the Dakar and only tried it on the AS jackets’ elbow pockets as a last resort.
    I initially used a set of Forcefield Nitrex Evo elbow pads that I had from a previous road jacket, but realized I needed to get more serious about elbow coverage.
    swimmer likes this.