Adventure/Travel Rally in Kootenays BC: Jul 25-27

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Hamon, May 27, 2008.

1. Hamon

Hamon I just like riding

Oddometer:
    Hey folks,

Over my May long weekend, I had the privilege of riding some of the nicest roads in BC, most of which were found in the Kootenays. On my trip, I came across Toad Rock Campground, and some really great people.

The two most hospitable were Wolfgang and Anny. We got talking, and it turns out Wolfgang has been pretty much everywhere in the world on a motorbike. The amount this guy has seen is astronomical. We talked, ate together, and drank until the light grew to night and the crickets petered out.

Anyway.. The reason I'm posting here is to inform you folks of a great adventure/motorbike travel rally going on at Toad Rock Campground later on in July, the weekend of the 25th-27th to be exact. This rally will be fairly well attended by anyone from the ADV type to the cruisers/long haul folk to dual sporters.

The place is fantastic, the people are friendly, and if you want to ride, there is no limit to the amount of good dirt and street riding around the area. Hook up with a local and take off, or stick around for discussion on GPS, world traveling, and bikes in general.

There's a big shindig Saturday night with band/bands, drinkin', and all that accompanies those two acts, and basically, it sounds like it's going to be a rip-roarin' good time.

Grab a campsite

[​IMG]

BS in the clubhouse

[​IMG]

And enjoy the stay!

[​IMG]

More info, including contact info, found here:

http://www.mrtcanada.ca/

Thanks for lookin! Hope to see you there!

Travis