1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Adventurer's Workshop Problem

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ndmiller, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gee Roadie1951 - Seems like you knew a lot about Adventurer's Workshop if you read the old thread going back to 2006.

If you are so concerned about your change, why did you order from them in the first place? And given your prior knowledge, why would you start a new thread asking other people's experience?

Don't be such an idiot. There are enough of us already. :wink:
  2. See-Double-You

See-Double-You Long timer

Oddometer:

The very first reply to OP is a link to the 2006 thread.

If you look @ the OP's join date and post count, you'd see he's new and most likely wasn't aware of the controversy surrounding the business.
  3. Rick West

Rick West Function not Farkles

Oddometer:

This is so common when dealing with this company. Andrew will make it right now that your complaint has been posted here though.:rolleyes

After experiencing the exact same situation as you and many others, I have given up on Adventures Workshop. It would be different if this problem ever got fixed, but as you have seen, it continues over and over again.

Thankfully there is nothing he sells that can not be purchased from a company that offers good customer service without all the excuses.
  4. Seth S

Seth S Will _____ for _____

Oddometer:
    Andrew is a friend and I talk to him fairly often. I can vouch for the validity of the unscheduled hospital visit. All I will say about adventurer's workshop is that is a one man operation. last I knew he had to go back and get a second job due to the slow down in the economy....this definitely impacts the home business. I think Andrew recognizes his current business issues and is working on a way to fix them for the future. My suggestion would be to contact him first and order in person. Ordering from a website is always a little tricky because you never know if its as active as you might think.
  5. boney

boney Ride > Post Supporter

Oddometer:
    When stuff shows up on a web site, the company is suggesting that the product is in stock and ready to sell.:deal You see, a web site is like a shelf. If it's there you can buy it, unless it's explicitly labeled otherwise.

When a company has an online ordering form and method with which a person can pay for such an item, it suggests that the company can ship said in-stock item as soon as payment is received.:deal These are the basics of internet commerce, the standards of which are being set by thousands of businesses all over the world.

When a company has a "contact" button or form, they expect a response that at least acknowledges receipt of their comments/questions. I'm going to put this time frame at about 48 hours, or two working days.:deal

Aside from a hospital stay, which is understandable, Andrew's company has had consistent problems in this arena, all of which were "going to be addressed" since about 4 years ago.

Perhaps it's not the economy that is causing the business slowdown?

I'm trying to look at the facts and be fair here, Seth, but past performance is telling. Andrew's business model doesn't appear to have changed one bit from the first frustrated customer to now. And you're not giving him much support by suggesting people bypass his web site and call him instead. That sort of defeats the purpose of having the eStore, doesn't it? Apparently even you agree there's problems that haven't been addressed.
  6. OlyRider

OlyRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ordered from Andrew four years ago. He sent the wrong part, but he did it very quickly. :-)

IMHO, if he were an Ebayer, his feedback profile would probably put him out of business. Although he seems to provide good service to some customers, he certainly has alienated dozens of customers that have felt mistreated enough to vent here. I'm sure they represent many more that didn't complain publicly. (I didn't) I'll take a guess his Ebay feedback would be about 70% positive. Who, in their right mind, would make an Ebay purchase from a seller with a rating like that?

This most recent episode illustrates the pitfalls of his business "model" whatever it might be. He is, according to his friend (and fellow inmate), a one-man shop. When he had an unexpected hospital visit, he abandoned his business (and his customers) for what appears to be at least one month. He didn't have anyone to step up and follow through for him. His "reason" when he finally responded (*after* threats of Paypal complaints) was perfunctory. Like others have written, he tends to complete transactions when he is called out here.

Andrew better decide pretty quickly where his priorities are, or the market will make the decision for him. But inmates have been saying that for years.
  7. Roadie1951

Roadie1951 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Because I just found out about the 2006 thread this morning "idiot" after I posted the question asking about other's experience.:lol3
  8. Roadie1951

Roadie1951 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gee Seth, thanks for the advice. Next time you talk to Andrew, how about telling him to read his emails or listen to his voicemails. If he can't handle the business, then he shouldn't accept payment until he ships the item.

Are you saying his "current business issues" go all the way back to 2006? Not a very good track record and maybe it's time he decided to hang it up and quit pissing off so many people.

So are you saying it's my fault I ordered the item from Andrew? That's what it sounds like when you said "ordering from a website is always a little tricky". As far as ordering in person, since I live in Atlanta, that's not practical. But you know, I used to live in Jersey so I'm sure I could get one of my old "running buddies" to go over to Andrew's and pick up my part. In fact, I lived not too far from Springfield!
  9. omnivore

omnivore SuperSportTourer

Oddometer:
    Having only bought one thig from AW, I haven't tons of experience witht hem. My exhaust was shippeda few days after paypal, and recieved in mint condition.
  10. Roadie1951

Roadie1951 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OK guys, what do you think?

If Adventurers Workshop is the greatest thing since sliced bread, give them a :thumb

If you think they suck, give them a :topes
  11. chef_of_the_future

chef_of_the_future Currently reading the Pepperwood Chronicals

Oddometer:
    As another already said - nothing at this website you cant get elsewhere for a similar price. Come on...this turkey has strings of bad press on this web site going back for years! I'm sick of reading about it already. He should take down his web page if he cant service his business.
  12. Camel ADV

Camel ADV Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ordered brake res guard, rad guard and a throttle lock for him. He set the res guard and nothing else but sent the invoice indicated that all 3 were included. I called and he didn't answer, I emailed and he didn't reply. I called VISA, they called and he didn't answer. 2 weeks later the throttle lock shows up but no rad guard, again the invoice shows all parts have shipped. More emails, more ph calls and no reply ever. He was only billing the parts as he shipped them which was great but he wouldn't reply when I told him to cancel anything that hadn't been shipped yet. I ended up cancelling my credit card so he didn't continue charging me.

Brutal service, actually that's incorrect ZERO service is more accurate.
  13. omnivore

omnivore SuperSportTourer

Oddometer:
    By the sounds of things, it's only communication he is lacking. No one seems to upset if they have to wait two wks for the 2nd half of their order etc....but they do get upset when they don't know what the hell is going on.

Andrew take note. Just email or call a customer to explain what's up. It'll go a long way.
  14. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Filloucher profile no0b or :stfu :baby
  15. Roadie1951

Roadie1951 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ESAD!! :flip
  16. Rick West

Rick West Function not Farkles

Oddometer:
    Excellent point.
  17. JBird

JBird Retriever

Oddometer:
    I ordered from him once a long time ago. Got the part - it was perfect. No problems.

I'm sure he has 100 times the customers who, like me, got their part and never thought twice about it.

I know others who bought from him very successfully.

Seems to me we have the same problem here as with voters in our nation. The majority is truely silent while others are so vocal the misinformed believe they are the majority!
  18. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I never ordered anything from AW and I am still waiting for it. I couldn't be a happier customer!
    :deal :huh :deal :huh :deal :huh :deal :huh :deal

Teeth to the wind,
    Sno Dawg
  19. Bearded Hooligan

Bearded Hooligan Moto Addict

Oddometer:
    +1:deal
  20. slowinfastout

slowinfastout Halfway to nowhere in particular

Oddometer:
    I've ordered from AW a few times, last one just put me over the top. A kit that was incomplete on first shipment, then missing parts in the second shipment as well, and finally got it right with the third shipment. Took over five weeks from order date to have the kit where I could install it. No apologies, and no rush on the part of AW to make it right. Sorry, I'll go elsewhere from now on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.