1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Adventurer's Workshop Problem

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ndmiller, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bender

Bender I can pass this guy..

Oddometer:
    I ordered some GMT light mounts a couple of years ago and paid for 3 day shipping. I was told more than a week later that they would ship from his vendor when the parts were actually completed. Ended up taking 18 days to get my parts.

Andrew did refund my three day shipping money and then suggested I do my business elsewhere in the future. Best advice ever.
  2. Roadie1951

Roadie1951 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    And this thread is evidence that there are others who didn't have successful or pleasant experiences.

Maybe JBird, the silent majority are the one's who figure it ain't worth the hassle so they just accept the poor customer service and shop somewhere else.
  3. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter. Supporter

Oddometer:
    So did you get the state of the online business e-mail from him too or did he take you off the list. :rofl

For the record I did order again a month or so ago and it was very smooth, but that was the only transaction with him that I can say has been that way, baby steps, baby steps.
  4. Roadie1951

Roadie1951 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All:

My issue with Adventurers Workshop has been resolved!

On 2/21, I sent an email to the manufacturer from whom Andrew gets his product, Kaoko, Ltd., in South Africa making them aware of the issue.

This morning at 9:37AM, I received an email from Nic with Kaoko copying Andrew, asking what he was doing to resolve my issue.

At 10:00AM, I got a notice from PayPal that my "issue is resolved" and a "refund has been received".:clap

In my opinion, Kaoko is a "stand up" company. They resolved in 20 minutes what I have been trying to resolve for more than a month.

I will buy a Kaoko Throttle Lock. Either directly with the manufacturer or any other dealer, other than Adventurer's Workshop.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my original post. Those who had bad experiences similar to mine and those who had great experiences.

Some people just don't get it. The economy affects all of us, not just the sellers.

Thanks again,
    Roadie
  5. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. Roadie1951

Roadie1951 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jim.

More good info about Kaoko. I emailed the guy in South Africa who had emailed me this morning, to thank him for his help. A couple of hours later, I got a phone call from someone at Twisted Throttle. She explained that Nic from Kaoko called her and asked her to contact me about a throttle lock. Low and behold, they had one in stock and have shipped it. I'll have it on Friday.

I guess customer service is not dead!
  7. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great news!:thumb

Twisted Throttle has consistently had good reviews for customer service.

Jim :brow
  8. Rick West

Rick West Function not Farkles

Oddometer:
    It is pretty bad when the manufacturer of the part has to get involved to solve another Adventurers Workshop problem. Kaoko is hopefully rethinking having Adventurers Workshop as a dealer for their products.

Although the same problems have been going on for years, I doubt it will go on much longer. Andrew seems to be driving customers away faster than the economy is.
  9. Roadie1951

Roadie1951 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got home from work this afternoon and right there on my front porch just as I expected, was a box from Twisted Throttle containing my Kaoko Throttle Lock.

Take note Adventurers Workshop:

Can you spell C-U-S-T-O-M-E-R S-E-R-V-I-C-E??:lol3
  10. joey185

joey185 It's a momo Dada

Oddometer:
    Ordered hepco bars that didnt fit, he said send them back and would see what they could do. Never got a refund or would return my emails. 4 months now.

Can you say ASSHOLE !!!!!
  11. monkeyfez

monkeyfez Enabler....

Oddometer:
    I think the word you are looking for is thief.
  12. Rick West

Rick West Function not Farkles

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear you have had your money stolen by Adventurer's Workshop too.

What about trying to contact Hepco and see if they will force Andrew to send the correct bars or give you a refund. It worked for Roadie.

Now that it is here on AdvRider, you might get a reply from Andrew. Posting here seems to help in some cases.

Good Luck.
  13. Boxer Metal

Boxer Metal Mad Scientist

Oddometer:
    You can also contact me. I'm the US distributor.
    Chris Canterbury
    Eurotech Motorsports
    personal cell 530.520.7856
  14. mudman

mudman n00b

Oddometer:
  15. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Imagine running your own business with a white board full of names and numbers of customers you've screwed over and everytime the phone rings you have to scan the list.
  16. RJP3579

RJP3579 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just ordered Fox Risers from AW on Monday. Received shipping tracking info yesterday with a delivery due tomorrow. My second purchase so far. Seems ok.
  17. Ducs2Dirt

Ducs2Dirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Old thread back from the dead, but it answered alot of questions. :deal

I ordered a set of Rox risers and Mark 3 Pivot pegs from Andrew about 2 weeks ago. I sent him an email before I ordered them, on the "in-stock" status of the parts. He replied back within 3 hours i think. On a sunday night too at that. He said he had both. So i placed the order. The next day I got two emails, one telling me the Rox's shipped and another telling me he made a mistake and didnt have the pegs in stock as originally thought. He apologized profusely and said his supplier will have them in stock for him on the 28th. I said that's fine and keep me in the loop.

So i let 2 weeks go by and the Rox's came, are on and adjusted already but no word on the pegs. I sent him 2 emails this week asking about the pegs, but haven't gotten a reply to either yet.

He seems like a good guy and all. Responsive and on the spot when things go well. But from what this thread is saying, when things don't go as planned......."crickets"....
  18. Ducs2Dirt

Ducs2Dirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Going on one full week now since my first inquiry about the status of the pegs and still not a phone call/email/telegraph/smoke signal from anyone there.

I'm trying again tonight.....:dunno

Edit: Emailed Andrew, at 7:47 tonight. He emailed me back at 7:49. Fastest email I got from a company......ever... i think. He mentioned he's been busy at odd times lately. So no problem there and they shipped today as a matter of fact. :evil

Final grade of ADV workshop: B+ Great place and Andrew seems to be a great guy. But at times it can be touch and go as this is a side business of his (from what I understand) It's not a full time shop...Revzilla for example.
  19. ykrweb

ykrweb 1% Spawn

Oddometer:
    I ordered a set of black Roc Stompa's and I was billed $200 on March 29th. I have sent two e-mails and made four phone calls and still no reply. Just looking for a status. Shipped? Not in stock? Forgot about your order or whatever. He should look into and automated e-mail system if he's too busy to reply. Even on the interweb it's basic service to provide a shipment status. I hope this turns out for the better.
  20. ykrweb

ykrweb 1% Spawn

Oddometer:
    Its worth mentioning that I received my pegs in 15 days which is good for an Australian part. The billet is machined well and held to a decent tolerance. No issues when installing. The pegs "platform feeling" is hugely improved over the stock pegs. I would consider it a good purchase as far as the product is concerned.

What happened? Adventurers Workshop did not state the lead-time and there was no response to my follow-up communication after the purchase so naturally I began to be concerned about my $200.00. Ultimately, I received an automatic shipment notice 3 days before it arrived. I think there would have been no concern on my part if the lead-time was stated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.