1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Adventurer's Workshop Problem

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ndmiller, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    This might be an old thread, but there still are issues. I ordered the 1200GSA oil cooler guard, a headlight guard and camel toe side stand attachment back in February. Many reasons why my order not received. First was the weather, bad ice and snow in Jersey. Then they took a vacation. Then the order from overseas was delayed. Then the stuff I ordered came in from the supplier damaged. Bottom line is that my card has been charged, no merchandise and no response of late from Andrew. Its been challenging dealing with AW to say the least. I really want the R1200GSA oil cooler cover, which is why I ordered from AW in the first place, they were the only supplier of that item I could find. Needless to say, I am not so sure I would use or recommend them in the future. Right now I just really want the stuff I ordered, leave for AK in 68 days!!
  2. Against the Wind

Against the Wind I'm older now but still runnin'

Oddometer:
  3. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. DiegoB

DiegoB n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi everybody, I need some help regarding Andrew Fekete from Adventurers Workshop. I placed and order for $380 more than a month ago and I have no news from Andrew or the products I ordered. Even worst my credit card had already been charged so I am afraid I lost my money. I sent several emails and left voice messages but never received news from him. Anybody can give me an email or phone (aside from the ones on his web page). Thanks
  5. groop

groop So much to ponder

Oddometer:
    There are 30 pages here with stories such as yours. I have had good luck with Andrew but I know his communication skills are not what some people expect. I don' think he fled with your money, but if he doesn't contact you soon you could always take up the matter with your CC company.
  6. rgmax

rgmax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ordered twice from this company, first order went OK. Second one a few months ago not so well. Communication is a real problem.

Finally got one of the two items I ordered, got store credit for the other. Asked for a refund instead, still waiting on that.......

It's not enough money to get bent about. Just says a lot about the company.

I'll order elsewhere in the future.
  7. RH426

RH426 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am in Limbo Also , I ordered a Camel Toe for My R1200GSA , It Took them 2 weeks to ship once I received it , It was the Wrong Camel Toe , They shipped me one for a KTM 990 !! , Nothing worse than a Camel Toe I cannot use !! I called The office and his cell # and been calling since, I even sent email and a Text to his phone, Been over 2 weeks, a Girl called and said she would look into it and if i ordered the correct one, I said yes, look at my receipt , she called 2 days later asking the same questions !!! , And I am still calling , I don't THINK ANYONE SHOULD DO ANY BUSINESS AT ALL WITH THIS JOKER !!! THIS GUY IS PATHETIC, HIM AND THAT WHOLE BUSINESS , I feel sorry for the rest of the people on this thread luckily mine was only about $65.
  8. PETDOC

PETDOC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ordered some Pivot Pegz for my 1150 GS on 6/16. I just received an email from Andrew saying they are back ordered. I contacted the US Distributor for Pivot Pegz, BRAP! Offroad, and was advised for some models of the wider Pivot Pegz (i.e., 11, 12, and 13) they are hoping to fill all present orders by the end of July. Unless you find a retailer of Pivot Pegz with existing stock of the wider models on the self you are looking at a minimum of a 4-6 week wait no matter where you order them in the US.
  9. SHARKDIESEL

SHARKDIESEL STONE COLD BEAST

Oddometer:
    I should have read here first... I placed an order with him 8/24/2011 and haven't heard a peep from him since the auto confirmation email.
  10. Jakub

Jakub Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I really don't want to bitch someone out on a forum but I'm hoping maybe Andrew might check around here.....

I feel bad bitching here cause my order was just for a couple ADV stickers so no biggie but I screwed up on my paypal and didn't use his checkout and instead sent him the paypal with no reference.
    So I emailed him to apologize for my screw up and gave him a copy of my paypal confirmation and asked him to let me
    no if everything was cool......That was a month ago.

I've emailed him 4 times just to be sure maybe it wasn't a spam filter blocking my emails or something.

It's just a couple stickers and to be honest I really don't care if there delayed or if it'll be wait of a couple weeks/months, just a quick email letting me know he got my message would of done it.

I've read this thread and about the fact that Adv workshop is run as a business on the side/hard times/losing your jobs etc. And I feel bad and if Andrew needs to take a couple weeks off in a row and can't answer emails at least set up an automatic email reply thing that lets people know your not around and you email them back when your available. It wouldn't bother me if he took till the weekends etc. to shoot back an email, just a least let me know that your still around.

I'm not mad or even upset I just think that even if you don't have something in stock and it'll be a long wait just fill me in, at least once letting me know about it.

Anyway hopefully somebody see's this.

Sorry to bitch:cry
    Jakub
  11. chef_of_the_future

chef_of_the_future Currently reading the Pepperwood Chronicals

Oddometer:
    Nicest bitching I ever saw!!
  12. DiegoB

DiegoB n00b

Oddometer:
    This guy Andrew Fekete is a FRAUD: More than 5 months ago payed $380 for items that he never sent or even contact me. Left several voice messages and email but never an answer. BEWARE EVERYBODY WITH THIS GUY
  13. Jakub

Jakub Adventurer

Oddometer:

Wouldn't want to dispel that myth of polite Canadians now would I.:D

Jakub
  14. Against the Wind

Against the Wind I'm older now but still runnin'

Oddometer:
    FYI: He's not an authorized ADV sticker vendor. He's a fraud.. pockets the money and does not contribute any of it to this site. The authorized adv swag are sold in this forum and proceeds go back to help run the site and keep this place spam free. Yup, he's a fraud on all counts.
  15. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Awesome!:clap

Jim :brow
  16. Jakub

Jakub Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just saw Gadgets Boy's sticky in the Vedors section, Didn't realize that he was the official ADV guy, all along
    I thought the Adventure Workshop people ran this site??? Sorry my bad, I'll be sure to order through Gadget Boy to help the community.

Jakub
  17. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hope your luck turns as mine did and you finally get your stuff. It was a good 3-4 months before I received the stuff I ordered. I eventually did receive it, but was afraid that I wouldn't. If the stuff you ordered is made by Rugged Roads in the UK, and you ordered through Andrew, try a PM to 'Annette' on this forum. She read my posts and contacted me to make sure I received the Rugged Road stuff I had ordered. She might be able to help you.

Good Luck............too bad he is an ass for a business man because once I received the Rugged Roads stuff it is top notch and functioned well on my ride to AK. Suck dealing with Adventurers Workshop to get it.
  18. JDLuke

JDLuke Ravening for delight

Oddometer:
    This site was created and is run by Baldy, the evil genius behind the photo sharing site Smugmug.
  19. Jakub

Jakub Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So a little update.

It's been 40 days since I sent my order and Paypal to Adv Workshop, so far no reply on my emails. Paypal has a little tab called "Resolution Center" I'm assuming that it's for instances where you purchase things that you end up never getting in mail etc. Does anyone know how this stuff works? I figure if my 5 emails haven't been looked at then I might as well forget about it. Paypal states that the Resolution Center thing is for purchases in the last 45 days, If I wait past 45 days will i forfeit my ability to dispute the payment? Should I go through Paypal now or just wait it out a bit longer????

I don't want to bring the FED and black helicopters down on the man, just a email reply:lol3

Bitch over.....

Jakub
  20. opcocrg

opcocrg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    from the sound of things this is just about what the guy needs!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.