1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Adventurer's Workshop Problem

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ndmiller, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you open a dispute, and you should, paypal will put a hold on that amount in the seller's account, until he responds to the dispute claim, if he does not, the funds are reversed to you.. 45 days is all you have, so you'd better file a claim before then.

2. Against the Wind

Against the Wind I'm older now but still runnin'

Oddometer:
    If you notice his inventory of stuff he carries is always changing because his suppliers keep dropping him.. he's probably not paying them either..

He stiffed me once and I had my CC company reverse the charge.. so I dodged being ripped off. I get my stuff from www.advdesigns.com Excellent service and quick shipping. I've been on this site a long time, I don't post much, but in this case, I feel a need to post because this guy's been running this scam for a long time. I know of one small time vendor that supplied him with his stuff and Andrew Fekete ripped him off to the tune of $3000. Buyer beware, Adventurer's Workshop is untrustworthy, horrible service and you're lucky if you get what you order or you see your money back. Inmates used to be able to shame him into giving them what they ordered or getting their money back by posting on this site.. now he doesn't even care.. and continues to rip people off.

If you do a google search, you will find at least a half dozen threads here complaining about this charlatan.
  3. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    :nod

Jim :brow
  4. ADVMindset

ADVMindset Americana Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I attempted to purchase several items from him a few years ago and luckily due to his putting me off for days/weeks, I gave up and never have tried to do business with him again !

Beware !
  5. Jakub

Jakub Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Final update:

I received a message through Paypal today that my dispute has been resolved, that Adventure Workshop had refunded me.

So all's well that ends well, but all I ordered was a couple of stickers.....Would it have been that hard to fire me off
    an Email, Saying hey sorry, my bad we don't have stickers and were Refunding you........

It all seems kinda weird, Not answering your email and waiting 45 days just to, in the end send a refund.

They still didn't email me letting me know what had happened, they just refunded me through Paypal, case closed.

I don't harbor any ill will toward anybody, but it seems as though ADV workshop is irreparably destroying any good will they might of had by sabotaging there good name through laziness or maybe even malice.

Not having the ability to sustain ones self in this economy with your online shop and being forced to take a second job would no doubt inhibit your ability to ship items and respond to queries. I do sympathize with anybody going through hard times but it might be better to just shut down your operation for a time and reboot it, if possible at a later date, rather then shoot yourself in the foot.

All in all, a completely needless exercise.....
    Jakub
  6. evilman

evilman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why is anyone still doing business with this clown?
  7. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    his site is no longer... he also has not been here on this site for over 2 yrs.. he should be banned though he is probably in jail ..
  8. Mr. Canoehead

Mr. Canoehead Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer:
    Calgary, Too far to the mountains and too cold
    Why are we dredging up a two year old thread to beat on a dead horse? They are gone, there are lots of vendors who want your business, move on.

<a href="<iframe width=" 640"="" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rSjK2Oqrgic?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="">"><a href="<iframe width=" 640"="" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rSjK2Oqrgic?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""><iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rSjK2Oqrgic?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.