advfactory shipping

Discussion in 'Americas' started by tferguson, Mar 31, 2018.

1. tferguson

tferguson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey all. Researching options on how to get my bike back to North America from South America, and the quotes have been more than my budget can absorb. Cheapest I've received so far is $3500USD.
    I came across a Polish company called advfactory, that seems to ship from Łowicz to different places. I noticed they ship to Valparaiso, Chile, and also Vancouver, Canada. I emailed them asking if they would be able to facilitate a shipment from Valparaiso to Vancouver, or if they had contacts in either city I could get a hold of to try my luck.

I received a prompt response saying that in November of 2018, they are planning to begin a route between these 2 cities, for $1100USD one way, $1600USD for both ways. Now, I'm not necessarily questioning their legitimacy, but in the back of my head I wondered if it was odd that it wasn't advertised on their website, however when I asked, they said they have plans to begin that route. Then the very reasonable price. Talking to others, it sounded like the best price I could hope for would be $2000-2500, although that was out of Buenos Aires, shipping to anywhere in the US or Canada. As the old adage goes "if it seems too good to be true....". I hope I'm wrong on this front, and if it's a legitimate option, this is great, open up a cheaper avenue to ship bikes between North & South America.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about them, has any tales of caution, or positive things to say?

Thanks!
  2. dooby

dooby aka Frgich

Oddometer:
    No need to question ADVfactory legitimacy, Sambor (Krzysztof) is long term member here, you can count you will get great service at reasonable price.

Always a great pleasure to deal with Sambor.

Post some pics after your ride :thumb

Cheers
    Dooby
  3. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    $1100 seems legit. They are on the correct side of the Continent, no need to go through up the Atlantic and through the canal. You can fit 10 bikes in a 40' container...which is probably $2500 to $3500 for a 40' that short trip.
    Tewster2 and dooby like this.
  4. tferguson

Oddometer:
    Ok, thanks guys, helping ease my worries. If this all works out, will be a pretty affordable avenue to get bikes back to North America.
  5. KoiFriend

KoiFriend n00b

Oddometer:
    I try to get in touch with Kryzstof, but he is not answering for 3 months. Last week I filled in the contact form on his site: still the same...nobody home....Are there some alternatives to transport my BMW to Bishkek, Kirgistand in juni 2019? I need only a one way transport.
  6. tferguson

Oddometer:
    He gave me his Canadian contact a while ago. Received one response, but haven't heard anything else. Giving benefit of the doubt for now, and assuming some technical difficulties
  7. adventure22

adventure22 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi, I am also thinking to ship my motorbike from Europe to South America. The website from advfactory is not working. I see this message:

Sorry, I need a wp-config-sample.php file to work from. Please re-upload this file to your WordPress installation.
  8. RMH_700GS

RMH_700GS n00b

Oddometer:
    Let me share you my own experience after using Advfactory's services this year. Trip to Iceland - two motorcycles sent to Bucharest - Lowicz - Reykjavik and back.
    Advfactory is the worst service provider you could think of – they are unprofessional in handling transport documents, they are not fulfilling their contractual obligations in due time and with care, once they get paid there is very little to no communication (and they often provide you with misleading information) and they show no interest whatsoever in customer satisfaction.
    • CONS:
    (a) Transport services (Romania to Poland). Just imagine you are buying a plane ticket and you need to bring your own ladder to get on board, your own chair and seat belt, this was exactly what Advfactory has provided. Totally unprofessional pick up although we have periodically followed-up with them. Eventually, on last minute, they have managed to send a transporter that had no means of unloading or securing the motorbikes during the transport (basically it was just the truck and the driver had zero experience - although Advfactory team has assured us that they are using only experienced drivers(!)). We had to buy all the straps, to borrow a loading ramp and to unload and secure our bikes in the truck sub-contracted by Advfactory...
    (b) Paperwork. They are negligent in preparing the document accompanying the transport and therefore you may encounter delays or last minute requests.
    (c) Communication. Once we have paid the transport cost it was very difficult sometimes impossible to reach them by email/phone/facebook. They have often provided us with misleading information regarding the delivery and they showed no concern whatsoever to comply with the delivery dates set out in the contract.
    (d) Transport services (Poland to Romania). Although from a contractual perspective we should have received the motorbikes one month ago - no news from Advfactory. We have constantly tried to reach them to obtain an expected time of arrival, but successfully. They have provided misleading information and so far we are still waiting for our motorbikes and pieces of luggage to be returned. They should have been picked up yesterday, but Advfactory team couldn’t care less (the team left the premises earlier (despite being informed by phone that the driver is on his way) and the driver was unable to get the motorbikes). Let’s just hope that we will eventually get them back in one piece…
    • PROS:
    The motorcycles were available in Iceland when we reached there, therefore our plans in Iceland were not affected by any delays (I read on the latest reviews that some weren't so lucky in other parts of the world).

To conclude, you could disregard the negative reviews they are receiving lately and use their services if: (i) you do not care about your motorcycle or your trip (including cancelling it, if the case may be), (ii) you have strong nerves and time & money to lose, (iii) you have no expectations for the price you pay and (iv) you can live without your motorbike for months.

Although the man starting this business years ago might be an admirable man, the way Advfactory understands to treat their clients nowadays is far from acceptable. For us it was a huge disappointment.

I hope the above information will help you set the right expectations from the very beginning.
    Migolito likes this.
  9. Parcero

Parcero Mundial Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chicago physically, Colombia en mi mente.
    Get in touch with Javier and Sandra at Dakar Motors (http://www.dakarmotos.com/) in Buenos Aires. They ship primarily out of BsAs but perhaps have contacts elsewhere. I used them about a year ago to air ship my R1200GS from Buenos Aires to Chicago. Cost was roughly $1,700, service was exceptional and Javier and Sandra made the process simple and downright enjoyable.
    holckster and szurszewski like this.