Advice On Testing Regulator/Rectifier

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by Edmond Dantès, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Edmond Dantès

Edmond Dantès The Kanto Pain

Oddometer:
    Siddharta would be proud of you Piston.
  2. Edmond Dantès

Oddometer:
    Third Eye,
    Thanks for the tip with regard the choke plunger. I'll give it a shot this week and see what happens.

I live on the western edge of Tokyo. It's easy to get out to Kanagawa, Yamanashi, and Shizuoka for day trips.
    I used to ride the KDX all the way down to Shimoda, Izu during the summer to hang out on the beaches.
    I just use the bike now for smoking around in Tokyo.

Here's a couple of photos taken in close proximity of Yokosuka Base:

The KDX with The Battleship Mikasa:
    [​IMG]
    Mikasa Su Casa (sorry)

And waiting for the ferry to Sarushima:
    [​IMG]
    That's an inflatable dingy bungeed on the bike. I had a leisurely row around the island.

The Miura Peninsula which Yokosuka is located in has some nice coastal roads which run up to Zushi, Yuigahama, Shonan and beyond.

Best wishes,
    Paul
  3. third eye

third eye back road loon Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great pictures, Paul
    Have you ever been to the peninsula on the other side of Tokyo Bay? We used to take the ferry over to a pace called Chiba. Awesome place to ride. The first time, my friend brought me over there for some real fun roads. The second time I went by myself during some questionable weather. I got done doing a different direction that day when it started raining. Went back to the ferry and it was closed because of large swells coming in. I had to ride all the way back around the bay, through Tokyo to get back to our house on akira beach. It quit raining in Tokyo. Epic ride on a XT350 Yamaha
  4. Edmond Dantès

Oddometer:
    Third Eye,
    Great story bro.
    The peninsula is called the Bōsō Peninsula.
    That's is a bummer having the ferry cancelled on you like that. That ride back to Yokosuka right around Tokyo Bay and then down to Miura is epic. Your XT had good run out that day for real.

In 1997 a tunnel was opened from Kisarazu on the Chiba side to Kawasaki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Bay_Aqua-Line

That would have cut hours off your return journey.

You are right, the Bōsō Peninsula offer some great riding within day trip distance from the likes of Tokyo and Kanagawa. If you check out the last part of my Japan 22 Out Of 47 Ride Report (from the top of page 8 at the moment), there are some photos from the peninsula:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=965703&page=8

Update with the KDX:
    I took the carburetor to a mechanic and we pulled the inner jet housing. The rubber gasket in there looked hunky-dory. We blue-loctited the bolts back down.
    I then put the carb back to the original factory settings for the PWK35:

MJ: #128
    SJ: #42
    JN: NOHK (third clip from the top)
    SLIDE: K45 cutaway

The folly lies is trying to jet the domestic bikes to the North American specs. Folk in N.A. say, #158 main for the 250, which is way too big for my '93 SR model.

The bike is picking up well off the throttle in stock trim, with a stutter in the mid before the surge of power when the valves open. This setting is too rich. It is the setting that produces excessive splurge, gunk, goo, or whatever you want to call it.

I am now going to change one component at a time now, the slide for the #6, the leaner needle, the #130 main I was running prior to the rebuild and see if I can pinpoint the culprit.

The slide should just drop straight into the carb, but on occasion it requires some jiggling. I wonder of the needle is worn or slightly bent.

Anyways, that's what is up at the moment, actually there's more, the front brake has started leaking fluid up at the master cylinder, so I will address this first by swapping out all the components for new ones.

Oh, life shows no mercy!
  5. supermoto250rider

supermoto250rider n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi I have a KDX 250 SR 1993, the japanese version, I need to replace my rectifier/regulator it is worn out.
    I threw it out and modified it with another bike's but I am not happy with that. I want to purchase an alternate
    aftermarket part or fit another bike's, any advice on what part I can use, from my online research I found SH530-11 and SH530-11 2.1.
    It would help if anyone had the Shendengen number for the bike. Also workshop manual??!!!!