1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice/Tips Req on the F800 GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by R6 Andy, Sep 23, 2008.

1. R6 Andy

R6 Andy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

I'm currently looking at buying a new '09 plate' BMW F800 GS in March next year and wondering if there are any guru's out there that can help...

I'm looking for any what to buy/ what not to buy tips for it.....Anything from a centre stand to the Trip Computer. From boots to textiles. Scotoiler to Alarm.

So ladies and Gents what are your opinions...all advice is greatly welcomed and recieved to make this bike and accessories purchase go as smoothly as possible :)

I've been riding a few years but as my name suggests, Sports Bikes and I've done enough European touring on her now and what to move forward into some 'Real Touring' hence the 2nd Bike purchase.

Cheers in advance
    Andy
  2. Repent

Repent Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You'll probably get a better respose to this in the "beasts" section - I noticed that's where they've thrown the 800GS threads.

Being a dirty person, I think the 1st thing I'd look into after the "typical" tour junk (bags, GPS, grip heaters, etc) would be a skid plate for the case/exh. & some protection for the oil filter which looks vulnerable to my eyes. If I bought one, I'd planon riding it in the dirt alot, & that more than likely means at least dropping it a time or two so the 2nd thing I'd look at are some crash/tank bars with the little radiator protection extensions.

JMO
  3. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Moved to Beasts.