1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

Advice wanted for planning a motorcycle rental in China

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by freefrye, May 20, 2018.

1. freefrye

freefrye Damn Hipster

Oddometer:
    Hi all!

I will be traveling in Guangxi this summer while living with friends in Laibin, which is in the Xingbin district of Guangxi in Southwestern China.
    I will be there all summer, and was wondering if anyone knows any motorbike rental places in or immediately around the Xingbin district. I've done some surface level internet searching, and as Laibin is not really a tourist-y area, I couldn't find any information on rentals closer than Guilin, which is still a couple hours from from where I'll be living. I would really prefer my Chinese adventure to include motorcycle travel, so I would strongly prefer a traditional motorcycle to a scooter (which is still better than nothing). This brings me to the second thing I would appreciate help with.

Does anyone know how much trouble I would need to go through to get a Chinese motorcycle licence? I know China requires a Chinese motorcycle license to rent a proper motorcycle, so any advice on that front would be most welcome. All advice is helpful, whether that be instructions how to obtain a licence, whether one is necessary, or possibly that getting an actual license is too much trouble and I should stick to scooters:dunno

So, I need information on motorcycle/scooter rental agencies, and information on the licence required to ride a traditional motorcycle. Thanks everyone!
  2. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    Inmate TBR could be your salvation. PM him and see how you go. He certainly has extensive China knowledge.
    Pecha72 likes this.
  3. WhereIsBobL

WhereIsBobL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you get any good info, please post it here for us all to see.
  4. Sanibel

Sanibel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Inmate doogie went over and spent a few weeks. He bought a little 250 and sold it when done.