ADVmonster LED Headlight!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, May 8, 2014.

1. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Hi Alex,

We sent you several emails and are working on a solution. Will send a follow up email.
  2. Alexol

Alexol Chronic Farkoholic

Oddometer:
    South La., where I-10 has a curve. One curve.
    Yes, several emails back & forth since February, but silence since May 31st. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Alex
  3. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Go to our website www.advmonster.com click on the chat box. Email reply sent.
  4. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    More feedback on the Native H4R2 LED headlight.

1. Just bought a second one [​IMG]
      Posted by Chris V on 24th Jun 2019

Have had the H4R2 in my Honda CB1100 for a few weeks. Just bought a second one for my Bonneville, which is famous for having a very weak headlight. I had another LED in this bike, but the beam pattern was not excellent, and it only lit up the upper half of the headlight reflector. This bulb puts out a better beam, and gives a much brighter appearance to the front of the bike, which is good for visibility to other road users.
    [​IMG]
  5. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
  6. Earthscape

Earthscape Have ya got a helmut?

Oddometer:
    FYI, the Native H4R2 does NOT fit into a Yamaha TW200 headlight. It uses a standard H4 bulb, but the shell has an inner ring that is smaller than the diameter of the H4R2. The Native H4R1 just barely fits after removing a tiny tab on the TW200 headlight ring - as in there is zero room to spare.

TW200_Headlight.jpg
  7. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    You'll need the smaller diameter version of the Native H4R2. Please contact us via email advmonster@qualireg.com and we can exchange the bulb for you.
  8. Earthscape

Earthscape Have ya got a helmut?

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the amazingly quick response, but I don't need to exchange it - I'll explain. I bought the Native H4R2 to use in my KLX250S. I have an XT350 also, which has a rather pathetic headlight, but it's on an AC circuit and uses a P45T bulb. A while back I determined that the XT headlight is identical to the later model TW200 headlight, except that the TW200 headlight uses a standard H4 bulb. So I picked up a TW200 headlight and have been using a rectifier and the Native H4R1 on the XT350. But the R1 bulb flickers, and I can't stop it from flickering, even at higher RPM. I've tried a capacitor too, and no change. I'm not uncomfortable with wiring, but I don't want to change the stock circuit layout on the XT. So before installing the Native H4R2 on my KLX, I wanted to see if it would work in my XT350 without the flickering. It didn't fit, which I thought was worth noting here for anyone else's benefit, but I put the Native H4R2 into the KLX as intended no problem.

Any idea why the R1 would flicker even with a capacitor? I've also noticed that the light output at idle is actually brighter than at higher RPM, which is very counter-intuitive (gas it to 2500 RPM and the R1 LED gets noticeably dimmer). The stock P45T bulb for the XT was 45 watts if I remember correctly, which should mean powering a 25 watt LED bulb shouldn't be a problem for the stator. The stock bulb gets brighter as the RPMs increase. There is a high quality battery in place that is fully charged (XT350 doesn't need a battery to run, but will charge it if it's there which is why I mention it). Is the circuit design of the R2 different from the R1, or am I likely chasing my tail trying to eliminate the flicker on the AC circuit?
  9. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    You have a lot going on there! If you want to test the bulb, connect it to a battery.

[​IMG]
  10. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    More feedback on our Native H4R2 led headlight

"Very well designed headlight bulb replacement [​IMG]
    Posted by Justin Moe on 31st Aug 2019

The LED upgrade was an easy swap into a 2014 Ducati Hypermotard. The beam pattern is identical to OEM, which was a total and pleasant surprise. The cutoff is perfect and most the light is close to it so that’s great. The brightness output is much better than stock so that’s a lot safer for the back road commuting that I do. The fan isn’t very loud at all, and gives me the piece of mind that the heat is dissipated similar to an OEM bulb into the front cavity where it was originally designed. The heat sink is such a good design I imagine the fan provides extra operating margin. A great product overall."
  11. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Feedback on our shorty 1156 led bulb

"Improvement over larger LED 1156 I was using [​IMG]
    Posted by DH on 4th Sep 2019

I bought these as part of a larger order. I had forgotten I already had put LEDs in my rear turn signals. I just put in one so I could do a quick & easy compare. These bulbs, tho much smaller and with fewer LEDs were a bit better as it seemed the focus point of the illumination matched the fresnel pattern of the amber TS lens. There was a noticeable "hot spot" right dead center of the amber lens with the rest of the overall illumination level about equal. They are using less current than the original LEDs so they are on & just a bit easier to see for following cars."

[​IMG]
  12. ststrider

ststrider some guy on a bike

Oddometer:
    Put a native h4 in two months ago had to modify the headlight but light output was ok. About on par with piaa gtx for offroad night testing but last night had to tow the bike home as the light quit out on the backroads. Had to ride out to a paved road to wait for the tow truck without any lights.
  13. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Please contact us at ADVmonster@qualireg.com.
  14. ststrider

Oddometer:
    Already sent an email
  15. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Sent a couple replies.
  16. ststrider

Oddometer:
    Problem resolved going with the upgraded version of the native bulb. Thanks for the quick replies.
  17. bill1960

bill1960 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can the rotary dimmer handle one Model 60 Led and one Model 55 Led ?
    I have these parts on hand already from other bikes but now want to combine them for use on one bike.
    The rotary dimmer was originally ordered to just use with the Model 60, but I never hooked it up. It came with one power output labeled LED Light and the other output blanked off and labeled No Connection.
    I assume this was because I originally ordered it to use with just one light ?
    Can I connect the Model 60 LED to the output labeled Led Light, and the Model 55 Led to the output labeled No Connection ?

20190915_144232.jpg
  18. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Yes, you can connect the Model 55 to the "no connection" lead.
    bill1960 likes this.
  19. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    IMG_0390.jpg

H7 plus led headlight
  20. ststrider

Oddometer:
    update on h4r2 first led was disappointing and failed leaving me stranded sanjoh offered the r2 upgrade i paid shipping. h4r2 is has a much better high beam and a nice pattern even with the ktm reflector. very happy so far.
    gammel likes this.