ADVMoto Adventure Rally 2016: September 22-25, Romney, WV

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by XDragRacer, Jul 15, 2016.

1. XDragRacer

XDragRacer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The ADVMoto Magazine Adventure Rally, staged from the Wapocoma Campground, near Romney, WV, is scheduled for September 22-25 this year. An additional day of riding is included for 2016 (optional 2-day registrations available).

Basic and advanced off-road riding training is available, generous door prizes are pledged ($ 15,000 in merchandise awarded in 2015), world-class presentations planned. Food and entertainment will be served at the full-service Wapocoma Campground on the South Fork of the Potomac River.

Riding routes available include everything from all-pavement Mountain State highways, to dirt and gravel roads, to single-track of various degrees of gnarliness, depending upon rider preferences. A "Wilderness Poker Run" will yield a valuable prize to the rider drawing the best hand.

Attendance limited; registration closes September 1.

Sponsor: Adventure Motorcycle Magazine (3rd Year of the Event)

Registration fees, including tent campsite, (Registration cost includes a catered breakfast and dinner buffets on Saturday. Attendees will be able to get food from vendor trucks at a reasonable price on Friday night and Sunday morning.): 3-day, $ 180; 2-day, $ 140; Training surcharge: $ 110.

Link to Rally website:

http://advmotorally.com/
  2. awarren

awarren Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Signed up and ready to go!:clap
  3. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    Interesting that this isn't posted until after the registration fee has gone up.
  4. Scotty P

Scotty P Funny Like a Clown

Oddometer:
    Six, they must want to weed out the rif raf and KLR riders. No matter to me.......I'll be too busy playing Pokemon go.
  5. BMWGSA

BMWGSA Geländefahrer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sad i'll miss it this year.. Last year was great.
    But i'm missing it because i'll be in Germany for 10 days enjoying beer at Oktoberfest and Visiting the BMW Welt :-)
    wmfleet2 and helicrazyjared like this.
  6. CowboyRR

CowboyRR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can anybody tell me if this event is KTM1190R friendly? Wondering is it is more geared to smaller dualsports. I'm very interested in doing this but don't want to be out there on the wrong bike for the venue.
  7. kojack06

kojack06 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got to attend. Romney isnt far from my family home. I use to go to motocross races in Romney in the 1970s.
  8. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    Scotty -
    Oddly enough, they don't mention their Rally in their own magazine.
  9. CrazyCarl

CrazyCarl The Eternal NooB

Oddometer:
    Hey CBRR, plently of routes for big and small bikes alike! Check out the video at ADVMotoRally.com to get an idea. We try to have something for everyone.

Cheers,
    CC
    gregkb likes this.
  10. CowboyRR

CowboyRR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
  11. Delnari

Delnari Tom

Oddometer:
    Signed up for this one too. Decided to just go for the 2-day Rally event only though. This will make my 5th rally for the year! Didn't know getting a new GS ADV back in December would have me going to some many fun events.
  12. helicrazyjared

helicrazyjared One can never have enough aircraft or motorcycles

Oddometer:
    This looks interesting! I think I'm in!
  13. CrazyCarl

Oddometer:
    Hey Gang, a few updates...

1) Prizes are now up to near 10k and include some real zingers like:

• SENA Prism Tube, 20S Dual Comm system and one 10C Comm system
    • Spot Tracker with 1 year service
    • Forma Advenutre Boots
    • REv'It Tornado Suit
    • MoskoMoto 30L Duffle
    • and more. Click here for the current list.

2) Featured Speakers: Simon and Lisa Thomas hold the record for World' Longest Adventure ride of over 13 years! This is a rare chance to see them speak in the area at a hang out event!

3) Featured Speaker: Patrick Trahan is working with ADVMoto to build a CRF250L Rally bike and will be talking about diving into international rally racing on a second-hand KLR650!

3) We're adding more routes this year. Routes range from small to big bike friendly. Short, long and everything in between!

4) We'll be back at Boyer Farm for classes and woods riding. This also a great way to bring your kids/family for a weekend of camping and riding fun.

5) Check out some MOOSE Racing Gear! Moose Racing has scheduled to have their full size semi there and on display!

6) Don't have lots of time off? No problem, Two day registrations are still available!

7) Registration include dinner and breakfast on the riding days, tee shirt, camping and a chance to win some great prizes. Riders with trailers and RV's need to call Wapocoma campground and make separate reservations.

7) We've signed the Allegheny Ramblers to provide some Bluegrass entertainment on Saturday night after the prize ceremony

For more details and to sign up hit ADVMotoRally.com. Please send any questions here.

Thanks to the folk s who have already signed up. Looking to see a buncha new faces this year!

Cheers,
    CC
  14. AaronD

AaronD n00b

Oddometer:
    Gonna be a great weekend!
  15. helicrazyjared

helicrazyjared One can never have enough aircraft or motorcycles

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to this!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  16. CrazyCarl

Oddometer:
    Sponsor Update: Backcountry Discovery Routes (BDR) has just pitched in a Bronze level membership as a door prize. Getting closer to 10k in prizes!

CC
    helicrazyjared likes this.
  17. bebopboer

bebopboer braaaaap On!

Oddometer:
    going to try and make this one, going to bring my 1190 out
  18. gregkb

gregkb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi folks-
    I currently ride a CB500F and am trying to figure out which dual sport/ADV bike to ride. I'd love to come out and see what's going on- how out of place would I be if I just wanted to come and check it out?
  19. CrazyCarl

Oddometer:
    Be great to see an 1190 out there!

CC
  20. CrazyCarl

Oddometer:
    Not out of place at all. ALL BIKES WELCOME. Just scouted a route of back roads and just a little bit of gravel. Heavenly twisties which run through valleys with almost no traffic...about 160 miles.

CC
    gregkb likes this.