ADVRider is all f#!%?d up on Safari

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by CVAN, Jul 5, 2018.

1. CVAN

CVAN Polite as Fuck

Oddometer:
    At some point in the past few days, something has changed. My avatar keeps disappearing, and no longer can I post new threads or respond to old ones without an error message.

I'm using Chrome to post this message.

Is Safari no longer a valid browser for ADVRider? Is anyone else experiencing similar problems with Safari? Has there been a modification to the platform that renders Safari incompatible in some way?

Why is it not possible to leave well enough alone?...and no, that's not a facetious question.

Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

CJ
  2. Gerg

Gerg Gergy Bear Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're about a grumpy fuck...
    WayneJ and PhilSpace like this.
  3. Gerg

Gerg Gergy Bear Supporter

Oddometer:
    Posted from Safari...
    My Avitar nd yours show up just fine :dunno
  4. CVAN

CVAN Polite as Fuck

Oddometer:
    After spending a couple of days at the Casita on Manzanita, that shouldn't come as a surprise.

As you well know, I'm not a tech guru, and I don't want to be; I just want shit to work. And it's particularly irritating when...for no reason that I can discern...everything that worked great last week is all fucked up today. If this is coming off a bit sharp, well...maybe I'm dehydrated. I'll go get a bourbon and Coke and revisit this later.

Safari isn't working for me at all, so this is posted via Chrome.
  5. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah I deleted my history, closed all apps then did a hard restart. It’s all good now!
    CVAN likes this.
  6. turdfergeson

turdfergeson Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    What oil is your browser running?
    9Realms and CVAN like this.
  7. CVAN

CVAN Polite as Fuck

Oddometer:
    Dog, I love this place. I can always count on the people here to drill down right to the heart of the matter and offer helpful queries and suggestions.

Thanks, Mark. I'll give this a try and see what happens. Right now, the only way I can do anything at all is via Chrome.

I have a BMW in the garage, so there's a case of OEM oil out there somewhere. I assume that it's made from only the finest whales. Would you recommend something with a higher mineral content? Detergent additives, maybe?
    turdfergeson likes this.
  8. CVAN

CVAN Polite as Fuck

Oddometer:
    Oilhed's suggestion worked, so everything is just peachy once again. Thanks, mate.

This should in no way, however, dissuade anyone from debating the merits of different browser oils.
    WYO George and turdfergeson like this.
  9. LookMaNoHands

LookMaNoHands Reformed pirate...

Oddometer:
    Same issue on iOS safari. Logged out, dumped browser history and when I logged back in here I am
    CVAN likes this.
  10. Super38ACP

Super38ACP You can get anything you want...Excepting Alice

Oddometer:
    Seems to be something to do with Safari Version 11.1.2 (13605.3.8).

FWIW, simply clearing the website data for ADV in Safari Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data... > ADV (in search box) > advrider.com (highlight it) > Remove (click it) then logging back in worked. Did not have to close browser or reboot.
    Biff's R and Whodatschrome like this.
  11. tallnbig68

tallnbig68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. tallnbig68

tallnbig68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Browsers are created by our own kind; and regardless of the name of said browsers there will be problems;
    none of us who design software have got it correct first time out of the box. That noted,
    when you leave any web browser, clear the cache, always. Yes, it will clear all the cookies however ideally cookies are as to leaving crumbs on a plate, not a good idea. You really don't want to allow any website to be aware you are returning. Always be a newbie f you wish, solves problems. As to the previous poster noted with Safari, every time there's an update to a web browser regardless of the name on the top; they will be problems and yes, every browser is different. Google is Chrome; not my favourite however am not a Google fan, although I do have an account. Ditto browsers created by Apple and Microsoft. Browsers are forever being changed and updated. Not always improved. Try to stick with one browser and use something completely different as a secondary browser, in my case Safari and Firefox. And every time a major revision is released for the computer and software you are using; wait, at least two months before upgrading; to avoid grief on your part if something goes amiss, and it will. There will be changes yes; one note however newer versions of operating software are not always as user-friendly as what you presently have on your current machine. So just wait; then again your present hardware may be unhappy with upgraded software; either your hardware is too old in terms of initial manufacture or similar problems.
    The bottom line, if you're happy with your system regardless if it be Linux, Microsoft or Apple; then don't change, until circumstances demand...