ADVRider Relay

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Shmerel, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shmerel

Shmerel

Oddometer:
    Righto, inmates.

thanks for everyone's support. i am sure the rest of yiz will hop into it soon.
    i am hoping to bring Pooey to Top Hutt for the centre rally. fingers crossed.

i have just spoken to rdfs and have invited them to come on board. they would receive the charity (a designated account that is transparent for donations on adv line). they would also assist us in getting pooey across the harsher or less accessible part of oz.

i am waiting to speak to rdfs' marketing manager. rdfs agree thist lends an opp for rdfs to gain good and iunexpensive publicity.

i was hoping to get pooey launched on national breaki tv,w ith some afdv'ers and pooey arriving here etc. if that happens i will be calling for a delegation of riders to greet and meet.

stand by for more ...
  2. Mototrans

Mototrans Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Sheer Genius that could only come from a BMW rider....:clap
  3. Mototrans

Mototrans Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Whats the chance of getting Shitty and the Pudding to cross paths.. or even better staple the bird to the pudd for say.... 10 years or so...... the seppos can have im if they can find him... Now that would get the Jo Mamma kids cranky...
  4. rosscoact

rosscoact need constant supervision

Oddometer:
    good stuff Gad:thumb
  5. Shmerel

Shmerel

Oddometer:
    i just got a pm that pooey's eta in Melbourne is 28 oct. they're breaking their balls to get him here in time for mungo.

all plans would then be hatched out at top huut over lotsa beers!

stand by.
  6. Shmerel

Shmerel

Oddometer:
    Donations to the Australian Royal Flying Doctor Service may be made on line at

www.flyingdoctor.net <http://www.flyingdoctor.net>

Donors should place "Pooey" in the comments box on the donation page. That will enable us to track all donations from this wonderful project.

I trust this will meet your needs.

Regarding publicity, the marketing lady at RDFS advises me that the media's attention span is such that they will only run with it once Pooey lands Down Under. So, we're all here in stand by.

FYFF, out of nervousness and gut wrenching anticipation, I couldn't sleep last nite, and got up in a stinkin' mood (had a go at my 17 year old son). Dayaum!:jump

Pooey's To Do List:
    1. Drink Aussie piss withthe locals till he dribles in yiddish;
    2. Wrestle a crockodile;
    3. Get laid with Priscilla, Queen of the Desert;
    4. Throw another shrimp on the barbee:
    5. Learn to speak 'strine' (that's proper Queens english, for you yanks!)
    6. Dance with Aborigines in Far North Queensland;
    7. Drop a wheelie in 3rd, doing 160 kph;
    8. Climb Sydney Harbour Bridge (drop his strides up top!);
    9. Sail a Maxi (that how we won the Americas Cup off you lot);
    10. Survive until New Zealand.

7. S2W

S2W I said wax ON you idiot!

Oddometer:
    Fixt, Good one Gad! :thumb
  8. Shmerel

Shmerel

Oddometer:
    i'll be looking forward to your ride report with pooey. :deal
  9. Shmerel

Shmerel

Oddometer:
    Pooey has obtained the generous services of s2w to manage his press commitments.

s2w is currently drawing up a press release that may be handed by each rider to local Aussie media outlets, to publicize the cause.

S2w is also about to spend 16 days on the road and says he will use the opportunity to approach media people along the way.

I will post you a copy of his work when s2w sends me his draft.

I am advised Pooey's ETA here is 28 October. I will let you know when the bird has landed.
  10. Shmerel

Shmerel

Oddometer:
    Inmates,
    I reproduce for you below the proposed press release we'll circulate Down Under, and give as a laminated card for each Aussie rider carrying Pooey, to enable him/her to waltz into any media office and get local publicity for the cause. This will save on a lot of verbiage and keep the story consistent.
    For your information, Stevie drew this, so if you are happy I'll accept the accolades, whereas if you're upset direct it at the pussy.
    ...........................................................................................................

WORLD TRAVELLER COMES TO TOWN

An around-the-world motorcycle journey is helping to raise money for
    health care in hard-to-reach places. “Pooey” a stuffed ostrich is being
    carried around Australia to benefit The Royal Flying Doctor Service.

Pooey came to (insert town name) accompanied by his Australian guide
    (insert motorcycle rider’s name) on (insert day/date)

Pooey is the baton in a massive fund-raising, motorcycle relay that has
    already crossed every state in the United States and Canadian
    province. While in Australia Pooey will travel to each state capital, and
    numerous regional centers. Once his Australian ride is completed he is
    scheduled to head off to New Zealand, India, Turkey, Scotland and
    points beyond.

The relay ride was organized by members of the group
    “ADVRider.com” A forum for long-distance and adventure-oriented
    motorcycle riders. On the Australian leg of his global odyssey the
    Australian members of AdvRider are traveling with Pooey to help him
    raise funds for The Royal Flying Doctor Service.

Pooey’s next stop will be (insert town name) Next (insert day and date)

Donations to the Australian Royal Flying Doctors Service may be made
    on line at: www.flyingdoctors.net
    Please place “Pooey” in the comments box on the donations page.
    Donations can be also lodged with your state headquarters of the
    RFDS. Again please reference the donation with “Pooey”

End.

For any further information contact:
    Steve James
    0421 131 601
  11. S2W

S2W I said wax ON you idiot!

Oddometer:
    The above was the first draft. The following is currently being laminated and will accompany Pooey on his travels.

For those of us who will be a "Pooey Guide" :lol3 This is the this way it will work...
    When you come into a new town (mostly the bigger ones) just ask someone if the town has a local newspaper. If they answer in the affirmative ask for directions, and go there. Once inside (with Pooey) ask someone if you could see the editor or a journalist. When they ask what's it about, hand them the release. (make sure you get it back)

Nine out of 10 times they'll be interested because on the whole journalists are lazy buggers, and this release has done most of their work for them. Therefore they can spend more time in the bar or bonging on in the backroom.
    They will probably want to take your picture with Pooey. I suggest that you suggest to them that it wold look better if your bike was in the shot...Put all you gear back on (no helmet and gloves) This makes the whole thing more studly and adventurous...Think windswept and interesting! :D

Then tell them to photocopy the release (if they haven't already... I bet it's the first thing they do) Remember make sure you get it back, don't leave town without it. You will need it, and the next Pooey Guide will need it as well.

The only thing to do then is to say your good-byes and go about you business. A piece of advice. Journalists love to scam things and they appreciate the art. If you are in need, ask if there is a place you can get a hot shower, a good meal, a place to pitch a tent or stuff like that...I'd say country hospitality will kick in!

Last point. Remember when you hand over Pooey to the next guide make sure you give him the release...Very Important :nod

Good luck with it lads! :thumb

Press release as follows:

WORLD TRAVELLER COMES TO TOWN

An around-the-world motorcycle journey is helping to raise money for health care in hard-to-reach places. &#8220;Pooey&#8221; a stuffed ostrich is being carried around Australia to benefit The Royal Flying Doctor Service.

Pooey came to (insert town name) accompanied by his Australian guide (insert motorcycle rider&#8217;s name) on (insert day/date)

Pooey is the baton in a massive fund-raising, motorcycle relay that has already crossed every state in the United States and Canadian province. While in Australia Pooey will travel to each state capital, and numerous regional centers. Once his Australian ride is completed he is scheduled to head off to New Zealand, India, Turkey, Scotland and points beyond.

The relay ride was organized by members of the group &#8220;ADVRider.com&#8221; A forum for long-distance and adventure-oriented motorcycle riders. On the Australian leg of his global odyssey the Australian members of AdvRider are traveling with Pooey to help him raise funds for The Royal Flying Doctor Service.

Pooey&#8217;s next stop will be (insert town name) Next (insert day and date)

Donations to the Australian Royal Flying Doctors Service may be made on line at: www.flyingdoctors.net
    Please place &#8220;Pooey&#8221; in the comments box on the donations page. Donations can be also lodged with your state headquarters of the RFDS. Again please reference the donation with &#8220;Pooey&#8221;

End.

For any further media information contact:
    Steve James 0421 131 601
  12. dastrom

dastrom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, heres a thought, how about the advrider that is due to pickup pooey contacts the media prior to the changeover to be put in the paper the week before (everybody has a printer or access to one) that way we can get published funds raised to date and maybe & pic of the changeover of riders & note of funds raised in following weeks paper.

Just a thought
    Dave
  13. Shmerel

Shmerel

Oddometer:
    Good thinking, Dave. People will have to liaise with one another by PM.

Hey, listen up dudes!

Pooey is now flying! He left Hawaii yesterday and is expected to land in my office by 28 Oct, compliments of DHL Int'l courier. :clap

I will post as soon I receive him, and have given the bird my considered legal advice and appropriate disclaimers! :deal.

Pooey will then immediately head for Top Hutt for the Mungo gathering
    :clap

Therefore, this is my last post on this thread. Please do not post anything further here.

Henceforth all further posts regarding Pooey (Shitty) should be made on the ADVrelay thread at JM.

It's at: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341891&page=35

I will now be asking ATGreg, to kill this thread so's to redirect you people into the official Pooey thread at JM.

All the eyes of ADV overseas are watching us ...

They expect us to feed Pooey lots of beer ...
    :freaky:drums:beer:kumbaya:slurp:sweeti:dutch:killen:strum

C'mon Aussies, let's do it!

14. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    OK, shutting this one down
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.