1. eNewsletter Sign Up

aeroflow, PIAA's and Hepco Becker bars

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Pete Carter, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Pete Carter

Pete Carter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have hepco-becker crash bars and was considering an Aeroflow windshield. The Aeroflow guys say that the windshield won't work with the HB bars around the light. I was thinking of removing this part, leaving the lower part on and trying the windshield. Also I have the really bright PIAA's (can't remember the number now) and have the BMW of Salt Lake mount. Is this set up compatible with the Aeroflow?

Also I have been told that the Aeroflow is a problem on the GS with a cross wind. Any experiences?
    thanks ,
    Pete
  2. sherpa

sherpa ...Robert

Oddometer:
    I have an aeroflow on my 00 GS...been about 25,000 miles with it so far...haven't had any problems with cross winds yet.
  3. RL Lemke

RL Lemke Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    On my R11GS, the upper H&B lower bars will not work with the Aeroflow. I tried for a couple hours to do so, and without a bunch of metal work the two do not want to share the same space.

The Aeroflow does work with the RCU Bar after a new hole was drilled into the bottom Aeroflow frame. The RCU attached to the beak frame and the Aeroflow to the oil cooler holes.

The RCU Bar works fine with the H&B upper bars without modification.

I would suspect that the mounting points between the R11GS and the R1150GS are the same.
  4. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:
    I have lower Hepco bars with an Aeroflow windshield. I had to trim the windshield bottom edge to use my home made PIAA brackets. I used a belt sander and it worked great.-- Glen
  5. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:
    Only part of the image appeared. Here is a second attempt.