Aerostich currently long wait times

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by CJSRider, May 26, 2020.

1. CJSRider

CJSRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I ordered an Roadcrafter R3 suit over the weekend. It was a normal size, not a custom. I got a email this morning saying that it will be 12 weeks before the suit is made. I tried calling but could not get anyone on the phone and could not leave a message. I sent an email asking for a phone call back, still waiting to hear.

Hopefully this customer service is due to the virus. I have hear good things about this company but I am wondering if its worth the 3 month wait for the suit.
  2. danisOTR

danisOTR Living Life on the Road Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a Road Crafter suit. I also have 2 Darien Jackets and one Darien Pant. Looking for a second pair of pants now.

Not sure what size you wear but there are plenty of Darien Jackets in FM here for reasonable prices.

I bought a second jacket while I am waiting until my Road Crafter gets serviced.

I recommend their stuff. I’ve never had to wait as I buy used. It is worth the wait.
  3. squish

squish Out of the office.

Oddometer:
    Their wait times have always been longer in the spring and early summer, it seems.
    Good luck with your order.
  4. Reggie2349

Reggie2349 n00b

Oddometer:
    Minnesota has been shut down due to covid 19 but is starting to open. Aerostich should reopen soon.
  5. DBS125

DBS125 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A few weeks back, Aerostich offered 25% off of gift cards up to $2,000.

It wouldn’t surprise me if that deal did well in the marketplace and a slew of new orders were recently placed.

Hopefully, you feel good about supporting, what seems like, a nice small business.
    Grinnin likes this.
  6. Grinnin

Grinnin Forever N00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Aerostich usually quotes a delivery time that they can easily meet. I.e. when they say 12 weeks, they usually mean something less than that. I know that they are extra busy right now.

I've ordered 3 jackets, 2 pants, and a 1-pc from them and for me the wait has always been worth it. The last order was for jacket and pants that I placed in Nov and specified that I didn't need them until Feb. I know they have a Christmas rush then a post-Christmas rush for gift certificates. Then they always have a spring rush after that.
  7. CharlesLathe

CharlesLathe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yesterday, I received an email that my backordered book was in stock, but that my Paypal payment had expired and that they'd sent me a new invoice. I went to Paypal and paid it. A couple of hours later, I received an email from Aerostich thanking me and telling me my book is on the way. They are there.

I had a suit made by Aerostich and another made by Vanson. Both gave me wait times that were longer than I actually had to wait. Even though you ordered a normal size, they still have to make it.
    Grinnin likes this.
  8. Doug Just Doug

Doug Just Doug Silly Party Candidate Supporter

Oddometer:
    Aerostich/Riderwearhouse's customer service is among the very best -- this is a C-19 issue. Either hang in there with your current order, or re-order down the road a few months. Remember: even standard sizes and color combos are hand-made, in Duluth, with few exceptions. They don't keep mountains of stock on hand even in the best of times. I've been buying and wearing 'Stich gear since about 1994 -- it'll be worth the wait IMO.
    Mumbles24, Grinnin and 9Realms like this.
  9. Rexsname

Rexsname Wannabe Long distance Rider

Oddometer:
    I ordered my R3 last March at a Pop-up in Oregon. I received my suit not 5 weeks later but 5 MONTHS later. It seems they were out of stock on the hi-viz cloth. It was on backorder from the manufactuerer Gore tex. Long wait but worth it.
    REX
    Grinnin likes this.
  10. Grinnin

Grinnin Forever N00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    They CAN'T keep mountains of stock on hand. They have increased the number of people cutting and sewing in Duluth, but are still constantly behind.
    Doug Just Doug likes this.
  11. szurszewski

szurszewski Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's right - they are usually INTENTIONALLY behind because, as you say, they don't have room to stock hundreds of suits and other products - particularly now that they have increased the variants.

That wait time is not unusual at this time of year, and I'd imagine they are padding it a bit to account for some delays related to the pandemic. Also, as others have stated above, they ran a big sale recently; I know at least two folks who have suits on order (one of them took advantage of the 25% discount AND he's a riding instructor - Aerostich was apparently happy to let him also take that 15% discount).

Don't give up now - if you want the suit, wait until you talk to someone on the phone before making any changes. They will let you know if the wait time is real or might be shorter.
  12. The.Cheese

The.Cheese Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a one piece Roadcrafter. It is worth the wait.

I also have been wanting to order a pair of gloves from them. My size has been out of stock for 3 weeks now. Everybody is boredom buying right now.
  13. danisOTR

danisOTR Living Life on the Road Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just sent my RC in for zipper repair. Shipped last Thursday. Email today with the quoted for repair. Two week turnaround. Not bad.
  14. AviatorTroy

AviatorTroy Following my front fender

Oddometer:
    They have the greatest customer service of any company I’ve ever dealt with. And there is simply no substitute for a Roadcrafter. Wait it out.
  15. CJSRider

CJSRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well some good news and bad news. The bad news is that their communication with email is not great right now. I know that they are probably struggling with the Covid -19 restrictions. I never received my sizing info from what i sent in to them. Also I asked for them to call after I ordered a suit because I wanted to make sure I ordered the correct size, I had tried to call but no answer. I will chalk all that up to the Covid-19.

The good news is that I called their non 800 number yesterday at the end of the day and got to talk with a person. She verified that with the sizing of the used Roadcrafter that I have and what is tight on me, that I did order the correct size. She also explained that when I got the suit before I go for a ride, to sit on the bike and see how it feels and if something is not right, to call them to see if i need a different size.

The great new is she told me that my suit has already been been cut and sent to next step of processing and that I should have my suit in less than 5 weeks.
    Grinnin and Mumbles24 like this.