Afghanistan ride. How to enter, survive and return in one piece...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by sambor1965, Sep 10, 2009.

1. pasha

pasha Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Deepest condolences for your loss....R.I.P Izi:(: ...
  2. albishadow

albishadow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    AMAZING !

WOW ! I love Africa Twin, and this travel is... wonderful
  3. lenu13

lenu13 n00b

Oddometer:
    Wonderful trip, wonderful photos and wonderful landscapes, congratulations.

With your permission I will share this post in another forum www.club-trail-andalucia.com

Greetings from Spain.
  4. sambor1965

sambor1965 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sure, my pleasure...

Sambor
  5. sambor1965

Oddometer:
    Dear ADV Friends,

We would like to invite you officially to the IZI Meeting 2011 international rally in mid May. Below you will find the first details of the event:

Date: 13.05 - 15.05.2011
    Location: Grodziec castle (in the area of Bolesławiec and Legnica, south-western part of Poland)
    Location details: www.grodziec.com
    Primary purpose of the event: commemoration of our deceased friend, Izi, and raising funds to finance his son’s summer vacation

More:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=186615184691051#!/event.php?eid=186615184691051

cheers

Sambor
  6. ilian

ilian Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's a great thing you're doing!
    I'll try to come from Sofia!
  7. Tlepolemus

Tlepolemus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sambor, I opened this thread about three hours ago and couldn't stop myself reading through the entire thing, it was just magnificent, and at points, heartbreaking. Thank you so much for the pictures, words and video, you're showing so much of the world to someone who is stuck in a tiny bubble.

It's absolutely terrible about your friend, but you should find consolation in that he wasn't one of the unfortunate souls who sit in their comfy houses all day and waste away their lives without ever truly living. Izi was out in the world, meeting people and making an impact, even though his life was cut tragically short, he probably still lived more in those years than most of the world do in their lifetime, and that is something to be thankful for.

Best of luck with your rally, that's a great idea and a fantastic way to honor the memory of a true adventurer.
  8. tee bee

tee bee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sambor ,i,ve booked this time off.
  9. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Sambor - Is there a Paypal account or something similar available for those who cannot attend, but might like to make a contribution to the collection for Izi's son?
  10. sambor1965

Oddometer:
    Well, I didn't asked for such a help, but thank you very much for your question. For people who can not participate but want to support:
    PayPal: orlewicz at hotmail.com
    add in description "for Rafal"

Thank you very much
  11. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Done.
  12. BillySugger

BillySugger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am deeply sorry for the loss of your 'brother', your wingman. He died in his line of duty.

I have read the rr over a few days and just wanted to say thankyou so much for bringing the raw data to my eyes in a world of embedded media spin doctors and 'yes men'.

As the song goes..."There's a man with a gun over there...telling me I got to beware..."

The stereotypre is hardly ever the majority, for Americans too. People in power divide and rule, create a 'them and us society'. We are them, they are us, be responsible, educate.

Never forget that the one's shooting at you will have been 'educated' by the people who armed them and more importantly put food on the tables of their families.

Never stop what you're doing Sabor, Colebach et al...inspiring.
  13. Serge LeMay

Serge LeMay Dirtmedic

Oddometer:
    Bury, Quebec, Center of the middle of nowhere
    Incredible journey!!!

Life is an adventure....sometime tragic....my deepest condolences.

Keep up the spirit!
  14. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    Sambor you and Izi are an inspiration to many, and by sharing your stories with us he will continue to inspire. Your adventures open the eyes of many folks, even those who do not ride. May Izi ride in peace, and I wish I could join you to celebrate his life.
  15. John Papagelis

John Papagelis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    beautiful pics !!!

Thanks for sharing :clap
  16. VladM

VladM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What an amazing adventure, breathtaking pictures and insightful commentary. What a tragic loss :cry. Izi, may his memory live forever, and you Sambor have enriched the lives of thousands of people that never met you. You are an inspiration for us all. :bow
  17. V-Twin-Maniac

V-Twin-Maniac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @sambor

absolutely outstanding RR:clap

the last pages made me and my girl really really sad as we rode that izi is gone from us!

our condelences....to his family and friends.
    we enjoyed this RR very much and izi was a great part of it!

thank you izi!
  18. Paul Sterckx

Paul Sterckx n00b

Oddometer:
    I traveled around the world from 2009 until 2010 and sometimes i went through the eye of a needle, a lot of close calls on the road bud i made it in 1 piece. I live in Brazil now and wil wil try to visit the IZY meeting,respect for what he acheived in his life.
    www.paulsterckx.be
  19. dirtymartini

dirtymartini Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer:
    My first post to this RR and I couldn't agree more with your statement above. While we (western world) have made great positive advances in medicine and science I believe we have have more than countered those advances with our incessant consumerism.

Stunning photography and narrative. Hope to meet up with you there someday.
  20. Sciii

Sciii Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sambor, uncredibly pictures and story:clap. I plan to go on karakorum highway from last year, but its hard for visa and permit for there. Now, I am sure, I will be in neighbor, wakhan :ear. How much many money is need for this trip, minimum? I am ascetic man and have expirience with desert stage. I plan to go Hungary - Ukraina - Rossia - Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan-Tajikistan -Afganistan-Kirgistan