Africa twin 2017 peeps

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by AT Rick, Sep 8, 2020.

1. AT Rick

AT Rick wanderlust is a thing

Oddometer:
    A suicidal elm tree jumped out in front of my line ascending moose mountain this weekend and gave my right directional the barest hint of a kiss...nothing so rugged as to even break the lens but I took it off to see if I could sort out the offroad smooch. I cannot.

Presently the right hand side light pod is askew having been bent back...light still works but my question is....how do I fix the damn thing so it slides back to its tree fetching and demure OEM position?

Attached Files:

2. Beaverpuncher

Beaverpuncher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Take off the plastics and there are two screws and a push pin I believe. It'll come off pretty far to do the repair.
  3. gve.mcmlxxiv

gve.mcmlxxiv 2016 Africa Twin DCT No.272

Oddometer:
    New light. $80. I’ve broken some. Greg the pole is exiting the Africa twin scene and has some up in the market.
  4. canyncarvr

canyncarvr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Find the install instructions for the OEM aux power socket. Not a step by step for what you need, but they will get you to a place you get to all of the bits of the turn signal. You're after the RIGHT inner panel cover. About step#12, do to the RIGHT what they say to do to the LEFT.

Some of the first steps can be ignored, of course. You don't need to mess with the battery or anything under the seat. The middle cowel can be removed by taking out the front allen on the tank side cover, so those side cover(s) stay on and nothing under the seat need be fussed with.

Here 'tis:
    http://cdn.powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08U70-MJP-G50.pdf

I'm not saying this is the only way to do it, but A way to do it. I had my 'inner panel covers' off during the accessory power socket install, so I know the instructions WILL get you to where you need to go.