Africa twin auxiliary lighting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bhamster, Oct 13, 2019.

1. bhamster

bhamster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    HI All, I have a 2016 Africa Twin. I bought a set of rigid industries DOT lights and am trying to read up on wiring them. I would like to use the OEM Fog light switch (but its not necessary). I have read a few things and watched a vides but I am not clear how I should proceed and what parts I actually need. . .
    Currently, I have the lights, Rigid industries switch and wiring harness with relay.
    I think I need the OEM switch, Eastern Beaver wiring adapter, and possibly the PC-8.

I posted a question about the access to the battery on a different post, but think the answer is in the PC-8. Any thoughts?

Will anyone take the time to jot down a detailed set of instructions on how to proceed? Or direct me to a link where it details an installation? I am sure it is straight forward, I am really just a dummy.

Thanks in advance!!
  2. davidji

davidji bike curious

Oddometer:
    The Africa Twin version of the eastern beaver PC8 is a good start. I have conspicuity lighting on my Africa Twin, and I connected that and a few other things to the PC8.

I wanted to wire up a set of Denali D2 lights I have in my garage, but I couldn't find space for the controller and wiring (much thicker than on the conspicuity lights). Physical space seems like more of an issue on the Africa Twin. It seemed like I might have been able to cram that stuff in but not without making things more difficult (service, access to stuff under the seat).
  3. Tytan

Tytan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's what I used on my 2016 Africa Twin the fog lights are small LED units if they were any larger I would have run the power back to the battery.

Africa Twin Wiring.jpg
  4. bhamster

bhamster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Titan, this is awesome! I will order up the splitter from Eastern Beaver.