Africa Twin Farkle Fest with Pictures

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by NoVa Rider, May 26, 2016.

1. Mrob

Mrob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When you order them from Revzilla, that is how they show up in your cart . . . as the naked bars specifically for AT (non DCT) and then non model specific VPS black hand guards. At this point who knows, good luck, let us know if you get them.
  2. daninghram

daninghram Doesn't give a duck.

Oddometer:
    My Revzilla just got canceled too. Twisted Throttle shows in stock just ordered them.
  3. MrTwister1

MrTwister1 Things that can kill me, make me feel alive.

Oddometer:
    Ok, I just got off the phone again with Revzilla and he verified that my order is correct and I will be getting them next week.
    He says he's not sure where your info came from, but it is incorrect. These Bark Busters are Africa Twin specific, they are available, but they are temporarily out of stock.
    If I were you, I'd call them back and see if you could put in a preorder and as soon as they come in you'll get first dibs. I've done this on a couple of orders with them already. Good luck.
    The funny thing is that the boxes that the SWMOTECH racks and Bark Busters that I ordered from Revzilla, are stamped Twisted Throttle on the sides. He told me that they work together with other companies and their warehouses.
  4. Capt CF

Capt CF Pontificating Nobody

Oddometer:
    Yep, a lot of times when you buy adv stuff it will actually ship from Twistedthrottle even though you bought it at Revzilla. My SW-Motech centerstand came that way. It was shipped from TT even though I ordered it at Revzilla. I have spoken to both and both of them have told me they do NOT have any DCT Barkbusters and won't for several weeks. Maybe you manual guys can get some, but us DCT folks are SOL for a couple months at least. FYI - TT is also the only Barkbusters dealer in the US last I checked so I think all the stock comes initially through TT.
    MrTwister1 likes this.
  5. Mrob

Mrob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The metal frame portion IS AT specific but the plastic hard guard portion is not. At any rate, they are sold out. They were not when I ordered them according to their site. Looks like you actually got the last set. Ordering from Twisted Throttle is not going to get you anywhere either as theirs are not in until August. I called them and spoke to them on the phone as well. I'll preorder and get in on the next shipment.
    MrTwister1 likes this.
  6. krussell

krussell Gravel Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    I must have timed it just right, mine are shipping, I ordered from Twisted last night.

IMG_20160608_093237572.jpg
  7. Winterfreak

Winterfreak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. daninghram

Oddometer:
    Missed the Twisted Throttle ones too.
  9. MrTwister1

MrTwister1 Things that can kill me, make me feel alive.

Oddometer:
    I also called and talked to Twisted Throttle and they did get a shipment in and now are sold out of them. The 2nd shipment will be coming in August.
    Although Revzilla doesn't list the difference between the DCT and Standard initially, you can go to fitment button down at the bottom of the page and it says "not for DCT". I have the Standard so I should be good to go.
  10. daninghram

Oddometer:
    I may have to have my bar weights drilled and tapped and just mount generic bark busters on there. I think they really help prevent damage in a tip over.
  11. Capt CF

Capt CF Pontificating Nobody

Oddometer:
    There is no question they do. My 690 came with very similar flimsy all plastic handguards and my buddy and I both broke levers on the same trip a couple years ago. Both drops were wimpy, IMO. It takes almost no lateral force for that type of guard to flex enough to cause the lever to impact the ground (esp on uneven ground or rocks) and then *bam* no more lever. At least in my case it simply became a 2 finger lever after I filed it down a bit, but my buddy's lever got bent as well as broken (his off was cooler than mine) so had to be replaced.
  12. Mrob

Mrob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Meh, I'll pre-order through Twisted Throttle and wait until August they are going to make my brain explode. I still need a Sena 20s so I told them to apply my Zilla cash towards it.
  13. 1litre

1litre In over my head

Oddometer:
    Time for a new thread Sena 20S or Cardio Packtalk or Uclear? Who can lead us off to a new thread I have no idea!
    Winterfreak likes this.
  14. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    Your referring to this Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    My sons CRF250L, while I would call it somewhat flexible but definitely secure, it did not compare to the one I saw on the AT, which I thought was "sloppy" ready to fall off to be honest.
    Just an observation.
  16. Mrob

Mrob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nor was the Honda Grom's. It was secure.
  17. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    I definitely wouldn't buy a motorcycle with a loose license plate light. A definite deal breaker.....:imaposer
    gymply and daninghram like this.
  18. bikergreg

bikergreg BikerGreg

Oddometer:
    Do you happen to know the promo code for adv? Did you get the pro crash bars with 8 mounting points? are you happy with the install and the quality? Thanks - G
  19. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    I would be in for getting a set of the Holan crash bars if anyone wants to partner up and maybe save on some shipping?
  20. Winterfreak

Winterfreak Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Code: ADVSPECIAL5

5% off

I got the Pro version.

Each bar has 3 mounting points. At engine, radiator and under headlight bracket. The metal and stiffness is excellent, however you may need to shim the bars under the headlight and push and pull against the slotted hole to get them to align under the headlight. I also swapped the two connecting bolts with stainless flush mount and painted them black for a flush fit. Under the headlight I was able ton get them to fit within 2mm of being even under the headlight.. Think their jig is a few mm off. To the untrained eye you would never know.

The key is to rough mount them and do not tighten down any bolts or you will go nuts. The engine bolt is a mutha due to header pipes and you can only use open end wrenches and hammer to tighten down good.

Just be sure to ask for instructions, my package showed up with none, nor did my panniers.