Africa Twin Ohlins vs Touratech shock?

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Endurodude, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Endurodude

Endurodude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’d like to hear from people who’ve used either (I assumed both would be far too expensive!). I’m looking to get the full Ohlins fork replacement for my 2017 AT, and I can’t decide whether the Ohlins shock would be best, or whether to go for the Touratech extreme shock? Does mixing and matching matter? I get the impression from reading reviews that the TT shock might be tougher and more robust? At the moment I’m riding entirely on the road, but this could change with time, and I want to make the right choice. I weigh just under 70kgs and carry around 40kgs of luggage when on a trip, if that has an impact?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
  2. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    we added a cogent shock, adjusted the sags. It rode too good, smooth. sold the bike.
  3. Greg the pole

Greg the pole There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Oddometer:
    I've anwsered this question before.
    If you spend time off road, get air under both wheels get the TT. Well built, and has better features than the ohlins shock.
    [​IMG]

We had both of our AT's loaded, and doing some interesting off road stuff in Idaho. Shock never gave me any issues. Got about 26k km on it now.
    [​IMG]
    that said, if you have a local shop re-valve the oem shock and forks, you will be much better off than spending the big money