Africa Twin owners thread!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Sand Goanna, Feb 1, 2016.

1. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn, thats cheap!
  2. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just got quoted for DCT ES ...... $28,210

:flush
  3. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    More than i paid for my GS Rallye ride away
    nevgriff64 and 1coolbanana like this.
  4. LivingdeadCamo

LivingdeadCamo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Give it 12 month's after they hit showroom floors, can't imagine they'll sell out at that price.
  5. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. SaAdvRider99

SaAdvRider99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    LivingdeadCamo likes this.
  8. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    bikerbob likes this.
  9. Toe - Cutter

Toe - Cutter 666

Oddometer:
    Well , mr honda agreed to replace my rusty spokes 6 mths ago with the same part number ( rusty spokes ) ,

The new spokes as expected by all , rusted at the leading edge , took it back to dealer , dealer was tremendous , straight up communicating to me , about head of warranty honda Oz , babbling on about , out of warranty , living to close to the ocean ! , cosmetic damage , solar flux , etc etc

None the less dealer / head spanner went into bat for me , letting Honda know I would load up AT with fertiliser and deisel & visit head office ,,,,,,if they didn't take a tablet and replace with stainless spokes ASAP ...

Job done ,,

Thumbs up to Lee @ nowra Honda
  10. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    Be aware that stainless spokes are more brittle than steel. I put HD stainless from JTR in my DR's wheels and ditched them after too many heads fractured off. Where they are peened over and fit the hub.

[​IMG]

Grubby stainless without head, vs new zinc plated one.
    OzCr0w and twinrider like this.
  11. Toe - Cutter

Toe - Cutter 666

Oddometer:

Copy..

But they sure are shiny

Fancy that ..

I had a stain tune system on my GSA 17 yrs back , it's was fond of cracking and pinholes also :( , and a 06 Kato 3 hunge , ex chamber never seated correctly from day one , quality control cracked 3 times , but I badgered leisk to give me a new one , ...it fit .
  12. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    I learnt that stainless spokes are not for dirt bikes, but very pretty on a roadie.

YMMV :D
    OzCr0w likes this.
  13. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    My non- stainless spokes on my 2015 xt250 still look great, as do my S10’s ( not sure if those are stainless). Honda’s quality was just poor I reckon.
    XR4play likes this.
  14. rbsride365

rbsride365 Hi-Viz

Oddometer:
    For those of you fitting an Akrapovic Exhaust are you buying the Homologated version for use with the original header / cat? Also, is there really a difference between the exhaust for the 16-17 & 18-19 models? Akrapovic lists two different part numbers. What is the difference between Homologated and non-homologated besides $150. Thanks!
  15. seancampbell

seancampbell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pretty sure I got the NON version. Plus, I tool the baffles out and it's perfect. Nice note on acceleration and not loud when at constant speed.
  16. mr bones

mr bones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Finally some forests open near home. Got out for a quick arvo spin.
    20200130_172147.jpg
  17. pirate37

pirate37 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all
    Terry and I grabbed the opportunity to capitilize on perfect weather conditions and a lull in gainful employment to hit a few trails from Bunbury through to Bremer Bay thanks to Baz131's contribution on Trans Australia Trail. A late meet up in Jarrahdale set the scene for a relaxed jaunt down Scarp Rd to Harvey, lunch in Bunbury and an equally relaxed skid through some brilliant tracks for our first night in Nannup. The next day dawned clear for our next leg to Pemberton, a quick resupply and we were off down some fast, leaf littered logging access roads, complete with signs imploring us not to advance any further. Despite a slight navigational hiccup with closed roads we rolled in to Northcliffe extremely satisfied with our steeds and our progress. The next section was my personal favourite...the long and sweeping pea gravel roads of Mount Frankland NP. Brainless bouncing wildlife had earlier kept us wary enough of our surroundings but the mix of sand and ball bearings gave us constant reminders that these are no lightweight enduro bikes even loaded with only very basic supplies. Mostly incident and injury free, we got to Denmark Caravan Park at a reasonable hour and set up camp under the shade of a purpose built, Africa Twin marquee, jumped into our awaiting jacuzzi and had pit girls serve us drinks ....my mind may have been wandering a little though and it may or may not have been a pint and a burger at the pub.
    More sweet tracks and fire trails through Mount Lindesay NP had us fueling up at Mt Barker in keen anticipation of a good run through Stirling Range NP, however recent fires had pretty much denuded the entire area and these were road closure signs that we dared not sneak through. We slabbed it to Bremer Bay and pulled up stumps early. Earlier research suggested good things awaited us in Fitzgerald River NP, but the deeply corrugated $8 per bike road into Point Ann and a just-the-day-before upturned Pajero from which walked 4 dazed, confused and extremely lucky to be alive tourists, so the ranger at the clean up scene was telling us, was about as interesting as it got.
    We made the decision to abandon plans to head towards Peak Charles and Widgiemooltha as temperatures were set to hit the high 30's and continued on back to Denmark for the night. Retracing our tracks with a detour into Walpole and onto Pemberton we spent our last night in Nannup. Overall a brilliant ride with an indicated distance of 2400k which on a regeared Africa Twin could be anything from 1500k to 4000...point being the speedo is a mile out

StirlingRangeResize.jpg NorthcliffeResize.jpg MountFranklandResize.jpg AT'satPointAnnResize.jpg AT1&2Resize.jpg
  18. Muddler

Muddler Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice ride. Probably a good decision avoiding Peak Charles / Widgy this time of year
    pirate37 likes this.
  19. seancampbell

seancampbell Long timer

Oddometer:
  20. Johns-Bikes

Johns-Bikes Farkling the ATAS... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m looking for suggestions for a modest sized rear rack/plate so I can attach the Givi top box mount from my MTS?

Wife is comfy against the box on the MTS so looking to replicate for two up on the ATAS and have a little more storage for trips away.

cheers John