Africa Twins Only - CRF1000 Engineered Enhancements

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by spartanman, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Keep_it_on_the_DL

Keep_it_on_the_DL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would be in for one of these racks if they ever make another production run.
  2. Older and wiser

Older and wiser n00b

Oddometer:
    Dear spartanman, I would like to purchase two of your racks ASAP for my 2016 AT, the standard Honda one doesn’t suit what I want to do. Please advise when these will be available again.
    Regards
    Craig
  3. Telmak

Telmak n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, are you still selling the frame? Have emailed twice and noted here but no replies?
  4. Dillo

Dillo Almost Awesome

Oddometer:
    Guys, I don't know if you actually read the thread but the final production run of these was months ago.
  5. MikefromNL

MikefromNL Long timer

Oddometer:
    We know. I think guys are just posting in the hope that they will do another.
  6. MarkH67

MarkH67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did read the thread and your information is incorrect.
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/afri...ed-enhancements.1171785/page-44#post-34647403
    I just re-read the thread from after the last production run was complete and there has definitely been no statement to say that there wont be another production run. The more people that express interest the sooner another production run is likely to happen.
  7. Dillo

Dillo Almost Awesome

Oddometer:
    You say that, and yet notice that spartanman hasn't responded to anybody and as per @Telmak 's comment above nobody's answering the ATO email address.
  8. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    Hey everybody. I really thought the last production run would be just that. But the emails from AT owners asking when ATO racks will be available again never stopped. So, I've decided to do another run. I met with the fabricator today and they are interested in building more. Pricing should be the same as before. Same deal: 1/2 down; balance on delivery. Details to follow. Stay tuned...
  9. TemeculaTim

TemeculaTim Timiteo Viejo

Oddometer:
    I'm interested :thumbup
  10. Grantwallace

Grantwallace The MFWIC

Oddometer:
    That’s great news. I am very pleased with mine and all the new customers will appreciate it.
    spartanman likes this.
  11. motocopter

motocopter ˙˙˙ƃuᴉɥɔɹɐǝS

Oddometer:
    I'm going back through this thread because I want to see a finished and installed rack. Would it be possible to update the first post?
    NSFW likes this.
  12. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not the best pics but they were what I had on hand.
    No regrets, it has been used hard and I have had no issues.
    spartanman, motocopter and MikefromNL like this.
  13. MarkH67

MarkH67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any idea of when you will be taking orders/deposits. I'm about to head off on a 3.5 week trip on my bike, but I'll have my phone & tablet with me. I'll make a point of checking in here so I can get my order in and pay a deposit - I don't want to miss out on this!
  14. spartanman

Oddometer:
    As you know, Honda in 2018 began offering two Africa Twin models; "Standard" and the Adventure Sports; the latter features a retooled rear rack. Gone are the huge plastic grab handles, replaced by sleeker, removable steel handles. Good on Honda for fixing a lousy design; bad for us. The rack update on the Adventure Sports model happens to be what makes our ATO rack unique. As such, it’s tough to justify continuing production unless there is demand. More on that later.

Since selling out the second production run last year, several more riders have inquired about purchasing an ATO rack, only to find them out of stock.

Which leads us to ask -- do you still want an ATO rack? If so, we require a $250 deposit paid via PayPal by midnight, 02-08-19. The selling price is still $495 + shipping. As with the previous two production runs, we need 20 pre-orders to make it go. If we fail to reach 20 pre-orders by 02-08-19 we’ll refund your deposit. If it’s a go, expect delivery in about 10-12 weeks, hopefully sooner. We will ship via FedEx Ground to customers in the U.S., and by the U.S. Postal Service to our International customers. Let us know ASAP via email: ato.rideon@gmail.com if you want an ATO rack and in which finish -- matte black, silver, or raw, unfinished stainless steel -- and we’ll email you a PayPal invoice. This really may be your last chance to purchase one. Thank you!

Sincerely,
    spartanman
    TemeculaTim and MikefromNL like this.
  15. spartanman

Oddometer:
    First pre-order received! Thank you. 19 to go.
  16. MikefromNL

MikefromNL Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ahhh I wish this was happening a few months from now. $500US (So more like $700 CAD) is a lot of cash this time of year for me. :2cry

Buuuut you guys said that the last run would be the last.. so there is always hope, riiight?
  17. spartanman

Oddometer:
    Hey motocopter, lots of photos of finished, installed racks on the website: atoeng.com
    motocopter likes this.
  18. spartanman

Oddometer:
    2nd pre-order received. Thank you! 18 to go.
  19. spartanman

Oddometer:
    3rd pre-order received. Thank you! 17 to go.
  20. spartanman

Oddometer:
    4th pre-order received. Thank you! 16 to go.
    TemeculaTim likes this.