Africa Twins Only - CRF1000 Engineered Enhancements

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by spartanman, Sep 3, 2016.

1. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

TrailDust&SaddleLthr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you very much for the additional details and pics!

I am watching this thread closely too... if THIS part here is compatible with the Barretts, that will be a win/win all the way.

Looking forward to seeing the final product from THIS thread!

Keep up the great work, your efforts are very much appreciated indeed!
  2. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    Yes.
  3. spartanman

Oddometer:
    From the above picture, the Barrett pannier racks looks to be compatible with our ATO rack.
  4. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

Oddometer:
    That's great news!

Thank you!
  5. DeathDuck69

DeathDuck69 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    With the Rotopax mount and showing pics of the Reckless 80 mounted on it.......
    I'd swear that rear rack/frame was designed specifically for me........

With my son's and my DRZ400, overloaded with our Reckless 80's,
    I know all too well how easy it is to snap a subframe and then have to re-engineer/fabricate a fix......

Put me on the list, I've also PM'd you guys.
    Awesome looking job and well put together and its not even done yet.
  6. jlittfin

jlittfin n00b

Oddometer:
    I just bought the Mosko Moto Reckless 80 and your rack would be a big improvement for the the fit. I'm interested and feel that $300 would be what I'm willing to spend for the mod. I would want the top of the rack where the passenger seat is to be a rack with strap slots like BlackdogCW or AltRider Pillion racks.
  7. arrcrussell

arrcrussell Gimme Dirt

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the delay guys! We’ve decided to add the pockets that will accept existing aftermarket side rack mounts. That slight redesign coupled with our “low man on the totem pole” priority status from our fabricator has moved the pre-production prototype finish date back a couple of weeks. We’re working at it, trying our best to get this done. Thanks for your patience.
    windowto, abj, Barron and 2 others like this.
  8. arrcrussell

arrcrussell Gimme Dirt

Oddometer:
    Our rack will not be as thick as the plastic stock rack thus you will most likely need to add a thick washer (or 2) to maintain the vertical height of the Barrett mounts.
  9. MarshkevUK

MarshkevUK Alright Guv'na? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Take your time, measure twice and cut once! :-) looking forward to the results though!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    windowto and MrKiwi like this.
  10. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

Oddometer:
    Better yet... Measure 3 times and cut once! :D

Great things are worth the wait! This is NOT a walmart world! We want Top Notch product... not throw away sh*t from china!

Thank you for all your efforts putting your heart and soul into this project, it speaks volume as to your character and who you are as an individual!

When it's ready, it's ready, till then... we will wait patiently and look forward to the final product, which I know will be awesome!
    windowto, MarshkevUK and Barron like this.
  11. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

Oddometer:
    Thanks! That will work just fine!
  12. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

Oddometer:
    So if it is $500.00, or even $600.00, you will pass on a top notch custom-designed product Made in the Usa, by someone who put all their time, efforts and money, gambling whether or not it is an exercise in futility, or if lots or riders will buy it, but yet still going forth with the project... and something that would work for you perfectly?

How many years of service will it give you? 5, 10, 20 years?

When you divide the cost into the years and months you will enjoy this product, it is peanuts! Let's say $600.00 divided into 10 years then divided even into 6 mths a year, if you can only ride 6 months out of the year in your part of the world, it is only $10.00 / mth for those 6 months over 10 years!

Just trying to put things into perspective here!
  13. MrKiwi

MrKiwi Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    absolutely agree. I'm in as the main purpose I bought my AT is for two up riding. I need a strong rear end to hold the top box. Their design is near on perfect for my needs. I'm happy to wait.
    windowto likes this.
  14. rusty1959

rusty1959 n00b

Oddometer:
    please let me know when ready I would like one, and the back seat rack, as with this bike I ride solo.
    Thank you. IMGP0008.JPG
  15. mslow

mslow Faccia Brutta

Oddometer:
    Everything you are saying makes perfect sense, however not everyone has the disposable income that you might.
    After spending $xx on the bike and $xx to get it to work properly for real world off-road use, there comes a time when you have to pinch pennies.
    I hope to be in the situation, like you, where money is not an object, and that is spoken with honesty and not to offend.
    Bike Guy likes this.
  16. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

Oddometer:
    Hey Thanks!

Noooo, by NO means am I rolling in the green stuff... farrr from it! Disposable income? What's that!? LOL :)

Just saying that I have to wait a long time sometimes to get something good I really want, because I know it will be for the long run, so it is worth the wait.

I totally see your point as well... there comes a time.... :)

I have to squeeze 2 nickels together so tight sometimes I make the buffalo fart! LOL :rofl

But as I always say... Do the best you can with what you've got and run with it! Life is too short to worry about everything... At the end of the day, better to go out there and ride and enjoy!

Ride safe and have fun!
  17. Aces 6

Aces 6 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over

Oddometer:
    Agree--on the wrong side of 50 now so buying ALL the farkles!!!! No more of the wait until next year....just got to make sure the wife isn't home when UPS/FEDEX show up :doh
    windowto likes this.
  18. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

Oddometer:
    LOL :) Are you still buying green bananas though? :rofl
    MrKiwi likes this.
  19. hammerun

hammerun Secret Eleventh Commandment - never fear.

Oddometer:
    Hi Spartanman.
    Will you rack allow to fit my Givi monokey top case mount and side panniers mounting kit?
    I want to replace plastic rear rack mounts with your stainless for reinforcement purposes. Friend of mine had it broken under heavy top case...
  20. spartanman

Oddometer:
    Our ATO rack has the OEM top-case bolt pattern so, yes, the Givi top case will fit. Likewise, we've added pockets to make our rack compatible with aftermarket pannier racks. We plan to do a basic load/deflection test of our rack and compare it with the OEM rack and will post the results. Thanks for your interest.
    windowto, Juha, Stormrider86 and 2 others like this.