African XRs' Xtreme Xmas Braaaaap

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Osadabwa, Dec 16, 2018.

1. squadraquota

squadraquota mostly harmless

Oddometer:
    Absolutely brilliant, you guys are on a different level of adventure riding!

Thanks for the write-up and the brilliant pics. Merry x-mas to you all, and a speedy recovery for Rawlence!
    Osadabwa likes this.
  2. liv2day

liv2day Is Anyone Here a Marine Biologist! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn....someone threw a bunch of boulders in your riverbed...lol. Looks to be tough going through that, glad you guys were able to get back on the road and keep going.

LOL on the nip mountain shots...awesome :clap
    Osadabwa likes this.
  3. liv2day

Oddometer:
    Multiple great shots in this update, but this one is effin' gnarly. I've ridden stuff like that in the wet on my little 2-smoker, wouldn't want to do it on a heavy 4T (though the torque is nice if you're not spinning).

Once again, incredible terrain and images @Osadabwa :nod Sucks that the people at the ranch didn't have hot water and couldn't get a fire going. Curious - is there electricity there? Or how are things powered - solar?

The place you stayed looks really cool from the outside, though not hot water and a crappy fire would take that charm away instantly...lol.

Enjoying the report man :thumb
    Osadabwa likes this.
  4. liv2day

Oddometer:
    Bahahahahaha...about spit water through my nose as I read this; should know better than to be drinking anything when reading a trip report from you :lol3 :lol3

Outstanding report @Osadabwa, thank you for taking us along the adventure. Really glad Rawlence made it to the hospital and was patched up, though I guess that means you only have your pig to ride.

Thoroughly enjoyed the report, you have some killer riding available :ricky
    Osadabwa likes this.
  5. horsti

horsti Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi !
    Excellent trip an nice write up. ;-)
    Thank´s for sharing !

Regard !
    horst
    Osadabwa likes this.
  6. blues bob

blues bob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    By far , my favorite RR's on the site. Thanks very much, Osadabwa. Did you, by any chance, ever see my old ATK 406 crawling around the hills?
    Osadabwa likes this.
  7. heyDC

heyDC Ecc 4:9-10

Oddometer:
    Great report. Great pictures. Thanks for taking us along. Question, Wry appears to have Arkansas Razorback stickers on his gas tank. Is there a story behind them?
    Osadabwa likes this.
  8. Osadabwa

Osadabwa Don't be Surprised

Oddometer:
    Hey all, glad you enjoyed the ride as much as we did. The boys won't shut up about it and we're already plotting for the next one.

@blues bob - we didn't see anything as crazy as an ATK 406 out there. Nobody there but us piggies (and the bodas full of Samburu dudes). If you're in CA now, you ought to be picking up an XRR... the FB page has one right now that looks sweeeet and about 1/3 the cost of what we paid to get ours here, so no excuses. And with Mexico and Nevada just around the corner... New Mexico, Utah... come on man!

@heyDC - That Razorbacks sticker will be removed, by me, one of these days whether Wry likes it or not. It's actually on there by mistake anyway. Panic (not an Amurican) wanted to make up stickers for the bikes that were pigs, but wild, savage African Bush Pigs... he found the logo, thought it was bad ass (which it is) and innocently printed it for the bikes (sorry U of Arkansas for the copyright violation). I saw it and recognized it immediately for what it was and it did not make it onto my piggy. Nothing against Arkansas, just... nope. If anything, I should have kept the Utah Utes sticker which came with the bike from @utefan !

Merry Christmas uglies!
    utefan likes this.
  9. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    As a resident of Arkansas, AND an employee of the University of Arkansas, I think it should stay. Of course that means y'all are going to have to learn the proper way to call the hogs:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Woo pig!
    Osadabwa likes this.
  10. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    epic RR.

thanks for taking us along.
    Osadabwa likes this.
  11. ndevu

ndevu n00b

Oddometer:
    Makes me ready to get home to Uganda and my XR600r! Wife needed spine surgery so in the US for a few (long) months.
    Osadabwa likes this.
  12. Ash-7

Ash-7 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome RR and epic route! Any chance of getting your gps tracks? If yes, please email me on ash-7@live.com

Osadabwa likes this.
  13. CETME

CETME Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome trip, and very well written. I had a smile on my face the whole time. I'm extremely jealous!
    Osadabwa likes this.
  14. Pete Pilot

Pete Pilot n00b

Oddometer:
    Rawlence I expect by now the worst of your leg pain is over. Do hope so. Great fun reading and watching this report. Enjoyed much. Thanks to you all.
    Osadabwa likes this.
  15. MotoMigrant

MotoMigrant Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA or Celje, Slovenia
    Great read, and by far the most entertaining! Looking forward to Kenya, landing in Cape Town on Thursday with our bikes, should be up that way around April? Braaaaap!
    Osadabwa likes this.
  16. Bosnaexpress

Bosnaexpress Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great report!!!Nice bikes!
    Osadabwa likes this.
  17. Spicciani2

Spicciani2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was fun! Thanks for taking us with you. I'm following for the next ride.
    Osadabwa likes this.