Age Against the Machine: Cack Conkers Copper Canyon

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by vermin, Aug 19, 2009.

1. prsdrat

prsdrat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Power is as Power does.....................
  2. ShiftHead

ShiftHead the f is silent.

Oddometer:
    I have a better idea; stop punching in. Use your talents and this medium for good. Stop assuming the tools are the problem, they are a symptom. But they are, nevertheless, merely tools.

Start a site, a religion, a book club, whatever, and convey these thoughts and ideas. Your ability to verbalize your thoughts, in a manner that relates, means you have the ability to communicate like few others.

I have an idea, start a new movement: Verminetics.

Fantastic post V.
  3. Cat City Rider

Cat City Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would leave Druidism for you.
  4. marbee40

marbee40 Some Fear is Good Supporter

Oddometer:
    ...the Banquet Organizer is at it again. Dammit. Its flippin midnight and I gotta be up at six-30. Oh well, here we go again!
  5. Regbafazool

Regbafazool Gregarious Pariah

Oddometer:

Didn't used to believe in those things, but lately I'm not so certain. They may have runny-nosed, irrational Hall Monitors in their employment as well. One who seems to be engaged in a personal vendetta readily comes to mind......

[​IMG]
  6. ORexpat

ORexpat Oregon Expatriate Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, and some of them are even furriners . . . . . :lol3
  7. Benjava

Benjava ?

Oddometer:

How does that saying go again? something about "power corrupts"
  8. ORexpat

ORexpat Oregon Expatriate Supporter

Oddometer:
    It was Lord Acton, a British member of the House of Lords. :huh
  9. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    The rules are quite plain on this.

• Ride reports in the Ride Reports forum should have a beginning and an end. Let the Original Poster tell his/her story, it's his ride report and it's his observations to make as he perceives them. If you don't like it, don't read it. Inappropriate off-topic idle banter will be pruned and punted at our discretion. Never ending threads are considered personal weblogs (blogs). We invite you to visit the Jo momma Inmates forum if you wish to post a blog, where you and your viewers may indulge in personal details, idle banter and drivel.

And

Everything we’ve listed is mere common sense and politeness. But because the Ride Reports forum is so important to AdvRider, the Moderators will take a Zero Tolerance attitude towards these violations. We will edit, prune, delete, and / or move individual replies or even entire threads.

And let's not forget this one: Mod decisions are final, don't whine about it.

These rules have been in place for quite some time now.

Now granted this RR is unique and many have voiced the opinion that a certain degree of latitude should be allowed here.

But that opens a huge can of worms that creates an even bigger mess.

So there are 3 choices here…
    1. Continue to Bitch Moan and Whine about the application of the rules…
    2. Let it be and understand that this is a RR and should follow the rules like EVERY OTHER RR.
    3. Have the OP declare it a blog, we'll move it to Inmates where everyone can contribute.

JJ
  10. Mileater

Mileater Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do what you will but let us know what that is and don't delete the thread or parts thereof as some of the additions (not by the OP) are very much in-context and help make the thread/RR what it is.

Cheers :freaky
    Allan
  11. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    Sounds like the inmates are getting restless.:lurk
  12. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>
    Makes good sense JJ! Acourse from time to time, and as understanding arises, rules are made to be rewritten :D

A Possible Way to Moderate Ride Reports
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617767

<BR>
  13. johnjen

Oddometer:
    Now let me be clear here.
    RR isn't my 'playground'. I don't moderate here so my opinion carries little weight when it comes to changing the applicable rulz that are in place.

I posted about the existing rules because it appeared that some didn't see why actions were taken. And this particular RR has a long history of 'pushing the envelope'.

Be that as it may, creative and well thought out suggestions for changes to rulz are always appreciated. They will be considered by all mods involved. However they may or may not be implemented based upon a larger picture of which the rulz are but a consequence.

For example. Mod burn out is and has been a problem, for a really long time. We, the mods, are quite aware of this and also of the surrounding circumstances most of which are invisible to non-mods. So while some rule changes may help solve some aspects of a situation they may greatly exacerbate others. So on balance we need to move towards a workable set of rules for each particular forum which covers it's unique needs as well as ALL the other bigger picture aspects.

Bottom line is we have and will continue to consider and evaluate ALL viable options that are presented, regardless of where it comes from. And let me add many suggestions that inmates make are quite helpful and are encouraged.

JJ
  14. viola-tor

viola-tor Needs to ride!

Oddometer:
  15. johnjen

Oddometer:
    Excellent find. That one needs to be viewed multiple times to more fully grasp the contents. :deal

I've copied it to the CS&M Cesspool thread and it showed up in TTWNN as well. :norton

Good one T-V :thumb

JJ :bow
  16. nathanthepostman

nathanthepostman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A bigger font and a brighter shade of yellow and it may as well be your thread johnjen.
  17. johnjen

Oddometer:
    I wish I had that amount of detail readily available and as cohesively aligned. :gerg

That one will take multiple viewings before I can even begin to fully grasp the importance it conveys. :norton :deal

JJ :thumb
  18. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>It's impossible to limit conversation or comment to only a couple of thoughts you've scribbled down and gifted us with. Generally, you really can't be rated, Verm.

I really like your subtle take on the connections between suffering, what it might be, and how people behave toward each other.

I often ask, What if suffering is caused by the protected-from-reality-and-each-other anesthesia that the afflicted refer to as happiness. I consider that there's a falseness to that sort of happiness, just as there's a falseness to the suffering you describe that seems to be caused by its absence.

And how interesting to cleave out certain priorities within Maslow's theory, only to reassemble it and have a look.

Over the years I've had thousands of hours of conversation directly relating to the topics in your adventure musings. It's good to know you're out there.

<BR>
    Moonduck likes this.
  19. Hammerfist7

Hammerfist7 ADVreader Blows

Oddometer:
    Vermin is dead, and so is his thread.

Most annoying assemblage of off-topic drivel - discussing off-topic drivel and why it is not allowed - EVER.

Well done, SR1!

[​IMG]

20. AZ_ADV_RIDER

AZ_ADV_RIDER Demons In My Helmet

Oddometer:
    Vermin, you captured the "essence" of the human condition and life on two wobbly wheels in the same manner as Abbey, Bukowski and Kerouac - loved every sentence! Long live the King!! :bmwrider

[​IMG]

Totally Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!