Airbag Jacket any good? ( Hit Air Safermoto jacket & vest)

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mikeyoda, Dec 20, 2009.

1. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    I dont know whom said there hit air didn't inflate but unless you move the peace that stop in inflating when you get it , it will not go off. Is a collar of some type that is by the co2 cartage . It is mean to stop it inflating by chance when transporting it .
  2. JR356

JR356 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You did not make a bad decision at that price,or for the vest itself!

JR356
  3. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    no even has the updated inflator for faster deployment .
  4. Peanut_Buttery

Peanut_Buttery Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It was my tether-based airbag that failed to inflate in a crash. There wasn’t an issue with the piece to stop it inflating; the airbag was set up correctly, which I checked with the manufacturer after the crash.

I’ve now switched to an electronic airbag: Alpinestars Tech-Air. The Tech-Air is a cleverer system. It deploys more rapidly and in a wider range of circumstances than a tether-based airbag. Also, I find it more convenient than a tether-based system because there’s no messing about with a tether. The Tech Air’s only downside is the price. Though I feel it’s worth the investment for MotoGP-tested technology whose firmware I can keep up to date via Alpinstars online.

5. RonkoRider

RonkoRider Wrong Island, NY Supporter

Oddometer:
    I disagree. I think it’s cool that consumers can ask questions and interact with manufacturers of various Moto gear. We can give feedback and suggestions on improvements and vendors can help support the products here as well. Most forums people simply SLAM a product and people pile on. Here, the manufacture can make corrections and make adjustments as needed. YMMV but I like it!
    GHanson and Peanut_Buttery like this.
  6. jspringator

jspringator Long timer

Oddometer:
    Peanut_Buttery likes this.
  7. Peanut_Buttery

Peanut_Buttery Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It looks like the Alpinestars offers significantly more airbag coverage/protection.
  8. jspringator

jspringator Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the shoulder coverage.
  9. Valentino

Valentino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Me too. I've read somewhere that many spinal injuries are caused by impact to the shoulder, causing the spine to twist. If this is true, then the Tech-Air's shoulder protection matters for more than just the shoulder itself. I'd be interested in any medical opinions on this ...
  10. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    How do you ventilate a large air bag that has to hold air, and resist compression forces in a crash? This may be one of the things we will have to get used to.
    At least this design turns the once solid back pad, into something that is majorly honeycombed. That's an advancement I've already seen in this first generation of vests.
  11. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like that, and the extensive side rib protection. Something most of the other under jacket vests are missing.
    Peanut_Buttery likes this.
  12. Valentino

Valentino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you have a jacket with a lot of ventilation in the arms, such as Alpinestars Revenant, then you can have significant ventilation. It mightn't be enough for summer weather in Florida, but good ventilation in the arms will be enough for many places (e.g. most summers in the UK).