Airbag Jacket any good? ( Hit Air Safermoto jacket & vest)

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mikeyoda, Dec 20, 2009.

1. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    re grows hair? where? on your back?
  2. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    I went to the Hit Air main website and I see that they have a vest called the MLV-R.The whole vest is made of this reflective Lumidex fabric instead of just having a few strips of reflective material. Do you sell this one too?
    [​IMG]
  3. spaceharrier

spaceharrier Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm not John, but I can tell you yes, he does -- he sold me one a couple of months back.
  4. jacbrown

jacbrown As old as my tongue, a little older than my teeth

Oddometer:
    One thing you tall guys need to be aware of is the tether length. :deal I bought a spare that fit my sport bike fine. On the KLR, however, the tether was right on the edge of being too short for a lot of standing on the bike. Since ADV inmates do a lot of upright offroad riding , taller inmates may need to work out something special, depending on their bike and body. John was nice enough to send me a prototype of a longer tether, but I think I got the only one. If anybody gets in trouble on this issue, send me a pm and I'll take a picture of the long tether for you. It wouldn't be too hard to make up something similar for yourself.

In this quote (above), I talked about potential issues for tall guys. Since the longer tether was here this weekend, I started messing around with tether anchor location and was able to find an attachment that worked with the original length tether. It needed to be farther forward under the back of the tank to get me in a good place while standing. So, as far as I know, Hit Air has a perfect record of fitting tall guys and I'll be sending the prototype extended tether back to Safermoto.
  5. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We have them.
    They're pretty amazing at night. Here's a pic taken without then with a flash:
    [​IMG]
  6. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    Yes, but just in the shape of the vest.:rofl
  7. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    John thanks for all your help I am really looking forward to helping other riders with the vests and jackets. :clap
  8. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    So what is the price on that bad boy? Im digging this more than the yellow. I need more nighttime reflectivity.
  9. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    $419 is the Retail price on the MLV-R we have 2 of the M - XL in stock :D ready to ship out tomorrow. You know you cant resist :wings
  10. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm 6'9" and with my motoport air mesh kevlar jacket on my chest is about 52-54" Sort of hard to measure due to the armor. Will the XL fit? the other thing that worries me is the tether length. I stand up on my tiger quite a bit.
  11. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    Not sure where in CA you live but if it is Northern CA then I would be happy to setup a time to meet you and size the vest on you. If you order one and it is to small we can easily change it for the larger size. From your measurements I would think you would need the 3XL size :rofl

You could try it with that extra long one and only tether you have :D
  12. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im near L.A. darn, looks like im a non starter. I was hoping to get something to use for the Pismobeach motorcycle classic rally next weekend. im also leaving to vegas tomrrow for a work assignment. So id be away from a PC until next Friday.
  13. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    The life of a "jet setter"!!!!!:D
    If you would like I can order a Large with the next order then get it to you to see if it fits?
  14. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    You think a Large isnt too small?
  15. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    Sorry, difference in terminology!!! When we order from the factory the Large is the XL which, according to the measurements you sent, would be my recommendation
  16. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok Ill will be visiting your website right now to order the XL(L).....Hope there is a space to imput that ADVRider discount.Ok, I sent in my Order For the MLV-R. I didnt really see anything to specify XL.So i put it in the instructions. I hope I can get this thing by this Friday. Thanks.
  17. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    Replied via PM :D
  18. Thinc2

Thinc2 Paciugo

Oddometer:
    Do you ship to Europe?
  19. Graemsay

Graemsay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The German distributor's website is here:

http://www.hitair.de/

Be aware that the product names are a bit different, so the MLV is named as the Cross Country.

And there are a few companies in the UK who sell the vests, though not the MLV. With the relative strengths of the pound and euro, they might be a better option.
  20. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    Yes we ship to Europe but as said above the German distributor or the UK distributor might be a better Idea

If we can answer any questions please let us know :D