Ajp pr7

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Tiago, Sep 30, 2014.

1. sanvara

sanvara Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Video in Spanish of my review of AJP PR7 after 4 years of use . Sorry for the bad quality of the image and background noise
  2. Apo

Apo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the review from the other side of the Pyrenees ;)
    sanvara likes this.
  3. VTwins4me

VTwins4me Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Interesting that you say that. I thought the front was a little vague and the bike slow to turn. After fitting a rear spring to match my riding weight, it seems a lot better.
    (I'm a MHB customer too btw)
  4. sanvara

sanvara Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just in case this helps you, I was having some cold start problems; On Friday I installed the new battery model and now it starts perfectly
    7C6FECC5-A66D-4310-836F-D5184C1EE2B2.jpeg
    ere109, Thoth and rvsparky like this.
  5. sanvara

sanvara Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    btw new battery is bigger than the old one therefore it requires a new support which I also bought to my AJP dealer. this new support is quite cheap
    ere109, Thoth and rvsparky like this.
  6. VTwins4me

VTwins4me Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My bike had that battery from new. Observations after 18months ownership are that on cold mornings (zero C +/-2) the Lithium battery needs waking up, so now I switch on and leave it for 30 seconds(lights are on) before attempting to start. It then starts quickly, first or second push.
    In UK summer temps (10 - 20c) starts from cold immediately.
  7. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    This battery discussion is timely. I went out in the garage today and spent ten minutes, with a Battery Tender, getting that Lithium battery to speed up and fire the bike. I started looking into the possibility of a kickstart, but saw several "impossible" posts - then this battery conversation was here. I do have a few questions that I could use some answers on:
    Has anyone else noticed any coolant weeping from the lower radiator manifold? My bike's been losing a bit of coolant, and I see some pink residue there - just wondering if I should tighten the adapter or the hose clamp.
    Next question: do the US models come with the turn signal pigtails, and are people widening the stock mounting holes or using an adapter of some kind? I'd love to see some pictures before I start drilling holes.
    I'm currently researching relay fuse blocks so I can wire the heated grips and USB charger to turn off with the bike.
    Finally, is the original poster still working on this thread - is there a list compiled somewhere of specs, fluid types, filter numbers, etc? I'm sure it's somewhere in this 162 page thread, but I haven't gone through it start to finish.
  8. zodillyicous

zodillyicous Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is my cheat sheet https://docs.google.com/file/d/1TsL...pw8z8f/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msexcel
  9. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
  10. Huffduff

Huffduff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Winter time is farkle time and the PR7 is in dire need of a headlight improvement.
    DSC_0337.JPG
    33 Watt LED lights (seperate high and low beam) expertly crafted by LSK with aluminium holder plates botched and hacksawed by myself.

DSC_0334.JPG
    Electrical connection and paint ist still missing. But please note the fancy cutouts for individual angle adjustment:D

DSC_0336.JPG But it fits nicely (my apologies for the dirty windscreen).

The LEDs are smaller than the original lights, not sure how I will deal with the gap...
    choutos and hockeyrick like this.
  11. Tenerrod

Tenerrod Make it shiny

Oddometer:
    A dohnut of black, closed cell, high density foam slipped around each light would be a cheap fix to fill the gap.
    Brokein2 likes this.
  12. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After giving a run with the prototypes and giving my feedback back to "Adventure Man Cave", I finally got the production versions
    All 5mm aluminium coated matt black, the headlights seem to be some sort of Squadron Pro knock-offs. I never seen the original ones so I can't compare, but these ones do a much better job than the stock lights for sure, are lighter and smaller so I get some room behind the fairing to strap my waterproof jacket on one side and trousers on the other.

I believe it's going for about 160 euros for the lighting kit and 80 for the rack ...better check with them
    https://www.facebook.com/Adventure-Men-Cave-107979747762019/?ref=page_internal

1c6fedfd-0bad-404a-98d4-7223d961564e.jpg WhatsApp Image 2021-02-11 at 12.18.02.jpeg
  13. Huffduff

Oddometer:
    Good idea, I'll think about it.
  14. NicKel78

NicKel78 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same question. What all needs to be added for road legal? Wiring and switch gear all in place?
  15. saltyD

saltyD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. ERU

ERU Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello there.
    Do you have a link from a shop that sale those lights. I think they are identical with the lights from Rade Garage fairings.
  17. ERU

ERU Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does that Adventure Man Cave have website outside of fb (that I don't have an account for)?
  18. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sent you a message with the owner's direct contact.
  19. NicKel78

NicKel78 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No. The bike is sold road legal everywhere else so I would expect a full diagram. But since it’s sold here as offroad only and I have seen Where people are having to add blinkers, then obviously the bike is not as the diagram shows so it’s still the question of what is and isn’t installed.
    ere109 likes this.
  20. Huffduff

Oddometer:
    Here: https://www.lskelectronics.com/lsk-xh1
    Indeed, these are the lights that are used for the Rade Kit